Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:31:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WHICH TRUSTWORTHY WALLETS SUPPORT GIVEAWAY OF FREE COINS DURING BITCOIN FORK?  (Read 114 times)
Sccit (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:39:42 PM

I know some of us collect on the free coins given out during these forks....bitcoin cash turned out to be a gem, for one.

My question; which wallet/exchange can you put your coins in that is safe and will get you the free coins? I currently have my bitcoin in Gemini and keeping my money in their exchange has not gotten me anything with the forks.

Also, when is the next fork and what date are they taking snapshots of wallets to give out coins?

Did the Super Bitcoin fork already take place? What about UnitedBitcoin?? Lightning Bitcoin?? Bitcoin Cash Plus?? B2X??

Any info appreciated.
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:56:48 PM

I kept my coins in mycelium during the fork. After the fork, I downloaded coinomi, created the respective wallet for the new coin, swept my mycelium wallet, and I had my coins. It was a very simple procedure really, and I trust mycelium as well, so I was happy that I didn't have to move my coins to another wallet before the fork.

gracezie

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:59:04 PM

I've heard that electrum is a good wallet but personally I choose to keep my btc in exchange everytime there is a forking scheduled because I don't need to read and follow instructions on how to get those free coins it would just reflect in my balance as long as exchange support the forking and birth of new coin.
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:04:59 PM

I've heard that electrum is a good wallet but personally I choose to keep my btc in exchange everytime there is a forking scheduled because I don't need to read and follow instructions on how to get those free coins it would just reflect in my balance as long as exchange support the forking and birth of new coin.

I would advise against that, actually. During or around the time of the fork, the surest thing to do is to keep your coins in your own wallet. This is regardless of whether there will be forks actually, you should try to keep as little money as possible in your exchange wallet at all times.

meisha

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:14:01 PM

I would advise against that, actually. During or around the time of the fork, the surest thing to do is to keep your coins in your own wallet. This is regardless of whether there will be forks actually, you should try to keep as little money as possible in your exchange wallet at all times.

i find it a lot easier to put it on exchanges during the forks also though. i kept my ones on binance and they have credited me every time very quickly with no hastle at all. so why not put them on binance right before the fork than take it back off afterwards. saves trying to collect them yourself and jumping through hoops.
ladadadiweliketoparty

Activity: 97

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:24:42 PM

Only way to guarntee you getting most of the money is that you keep it in a place with your own keys. This way you can ensure you will get most of it and you don't have to rely on an exchange or a statement from the exchange allowing you to claim. Btw Super Bitcoin already happened a couple of days ago and I have zero clue how to get it yet. It is however trading on Yobit already.

GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:28:35 PM

You have not even read the title before posting this shit.

the OP is not asking for a "safe wallet" that has the same functions as a regular wallet, he is just asking for a wallet that gives forked coins everytime that there is one.

I've heard that electrum is a good wallet but personally I choose to keep my btc in exchange everytime there is a forking

OP, the best thing that you can do is just put your coins on binance, they are probably the only exchange that has always been supporting almost all the forks.

A few days ago they distributed Super bitcoin and a weirdy fork that no one was aware of.
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:39:42 PM

For as long as you hold your own Bitcoin wallet private keys then you are fine getting any future Bitcoin Forks.

I used Electrum for almost a year now and I can say that it is a trustworthy desktop wallet. An online wallet blockchain.info also shows a support to the recent Bitcoin Gold Fork as they promise that they will give every users a BTG in exact amount of the user's Bitcoin holdings. I think HitBTC also give an automatic free coins if you a Bitcoin balance there. Many exchanges tend to do this trend maybe because the Bitcoin Forks are common nowadays.

Sccit (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:02:49 PM

i find it a lot easier to put it on exchanges during the forks also though. i kept my ones on binance and they have credited me every time very quickly with no hastle at all. so why not put them on binance right before the fork than take it back off afterwards. saves trying to collect them yourself and jumping through hoops.

does binance automatically give you the free fork coins or do you need to put in a claim?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: