Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:52:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Organizing the Bitcoin Hardforks...a convenient chart.  (Read 96 times)
DrBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:43:08 PM

Ok. Title is click bait. I’ll admit it.

But we need a website with the following info. It would be nice if coin market cap did it, but they haven’t.

1) chronological date of every bitcoin hard fork
2) Date of rumored and planned hard forks
3) symbol for hard fork
4) facts about fork (supply, tech, etc)
5) exchanges that trade hard forked coin
6) current USD and BTC Value
7) hard wallet support?
Cool all social media and website links, github link
9) block that fork happened
10) block explorer (when available)

Why is this info so hard to find?

Coin market cap launched BTC Diamond futures, and Binance distributed bitcoin Diamond. But there is still no evidence of the fork like a block explorer.

Meanwhile Super Bitcoin allegedly forked days ago but still no SBTC (futures) listing on Coinmarketcap.

This is not meant to spark a debate. These forks are forking happening like it or not. But we need better more organized information on them.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:15:53 PM

It is not so hard to find it. Just google for devs and  you will probably find a full list of info about their fork. I'm sure that if you are making a fork then you shouldnt rely on support of such major websites like coinmarketcap.  There is too many shitcoins already forked and if every of them will be promoted by major websites without any reason then it will only distabilize  the market.
P.S. How would you count the #6? The value of the fork that was not yet forked?
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:24:15 PM

It isn't terribly hard to find but the thing is these recent forks are not covered heavily by the media. As a result they don't have as much effect on bitcoin price and you generally will have less knowledge. Only those who dig will know about them and quite frankly I can't be bothered to dig I just don't care. Bitcoin core is king for me and will probably always remain this way unless dire circumstances happen.

Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:26:24 PM

You are 100% lazy my friend, you can just look for that information on the ANN thread of every fork.

Just look on google and put this; "Bitcoin X fork ANN thread" And the first result would probably be the thread here in bitcointalk.

It is not a difficult task, and there you have all the details about every fork or just every crypto that you want to look for.

Every fork has an ann thread, even bitcoin cash, bitcoin gold, super bitcoin, and so many others, but they all are the same crap.
DrBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:28:59 PM

You are 100% lazy my friend, you can just look for that information on the ANN thread of every fork.

Just look on google and put this; "Bitcoin X fork ANN thread" And the first result would probably be the thread here in bitcointalk.

It is not a difficult task, and there you have all the details about every fork or just every crypto that you want to look for.

Every fork has an ann thread, even bitcoin cash, bitcoin gold, super bitcoin, and so many others, but they all are the same crap.

And what is wrong with being lazy?
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:30:59 PM

The forks I know so far are:

1) Bitcoin Cash aka BCash (the first fork)
2) Bitcoin Gold (the "GPU" fork)
3) Bitcoin Silver  (this is when it starts getting ridiculous)
4) Bitcoin Diamond (rumored to be a scam, caution)
5) Bitcoin God (Chandler's Guo pump and dump)
6) Bitcoin Super (what the hell is this)

And the list goes on. Now it looks like Garzik wants to create his own fork too after the failed segwit2x, which is of course very controversial:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2580692.new

It never ends. I no longer make the effort to claim these funds, im tired of having to screw around with my cold storage. Maybe someday I will do it, not anytime soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: