Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:17:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptoworld? Is it overheated?  (Read 152 times)
rost1989 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:50:31 PM

In the last days we saw huge increase in several coins. And for many of them those jumps were unexpected. For me it seemed that huge money came into market. We are getting bigger, but at the same time I found that I loose control over what is going on. Before the market was easier to follow. Every jump had its cause (exchagne, partnerships, etc.). Nowadays it seems that hungry newbies with millions of dollars came to the market. Now it grows due to hunger, but what will happen when those new players jump out of crypto?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoNerd75

Activity: 45
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:52:44 PM

don't worry. They won't jump out of it just within a day
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:54:09 PM

In the last days we saw huge increase in several coins. And for many of them those jumps were unexpected. For me it seemed that huge money came into market. We are getting bigger, but at the same time I found that I loose control over what is going on. Before the market was easier to follow. Every jump had its cause (exchagne, partnerships, etc.). Nowadays it seems that hungry newbies with millions of dollars came to the market. Now it grows due to hunger, but what will happen when those new players jump out of crypto?

I feel you. Too much gains with no news on why. Seems everyone just jumping on everything they see.

Beefcake

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:25:38 PM

I feel you. Too much gains with no news on why. Seems everyone just jumping on everything they see.

You gotta pay attention.  This year institutional investors (hedge funds, for example) have been getting in the market.  The number of bitcoins is finite.  Go back two years, a million dollar purchase would move the entire bitcoin market.  Unlike stocks they can't just print more of them to capitalize on a price increase.  This was intentional.  If 1 bitcoin=1million dollars, then 1 satoshi= 1 cent.  This isn't an accident.

So this year, you got funds with BILLIONS in assets buying bitcoins.  You got the Winklevoss bros doing their thing.  And you just got the FUTURES market stuff happening.  There are other things too.  But just think about this.  The largest hedge fund has over 100 billion dollars in assets.  Theoretically they could have swallowed up the whole bitcoin market at the beginning of 2017 with room to spare.  But thats just peanuts.  Blackrock, a USA investment group, has almost 6 TRILLION in assets.  Let that sink in.  They could have bought every crypto coin at the beginning of 2017 and it would have barely even showed up on their balance sheets.  These are only two investments groups here.  There are lots of these guys out there buying bitcoins right now.

Now for the futures markets.  1.5 TRILLION in futures are traded every day.  Nuff said about that.

Get the idea?  I said that the crypto markets were peanuts at 7k, and they are still peanuts at 15k.  The difference between bitcoins and traditional assets is that, without any exceptions that I can think of, bitcoins are finite.  Even gold can be mined (never mind the fact that the vast majority of gold is paper and doesn't actually exist).  When a stock goes up in price more shares are issued.  Heck more shares are issued all the time to pay executives.  Assets are constantly being printed.

Also keep in mind that market cap can be misleading.  Lets say there are 10 bitcoins.  I buy one for $1, the next guy buys 3 for 5$ because he thinks its a good investment.  Now 16$ have gone into the market but the market cap is 50$.  Because many of us are not in a hurry to sell our bitcoins, the market cap can go up very fast as these institutions pour billions into the market.

There is lots of other stuff I could talk about here, but I think this is enough for you guys to digest for now Wink

Anyway the point is that this isn't happening in a vacuum.  You just gotta pay attention.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:34:53 PM

Nowadays it seems that hungry newbies with millions of dollars came to the market. Now it grows due to hunger, but what will happen when those new players jump out of crypto?

You are absolutely right, and this is true.

The pumps that we are seeing everyday are just artificials, no one knows the real reason of why X crypto has been pumped or by who.

Everyday there are more than ten billions or so investing in the total marketcap of almost all the coins, and that is crazy right?

But just seeing ripple being x4 in just two days is something that no one can explain.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:35:14 PM

I think anyone who jumps into cryptos today knows that this is going for the long run, so I don't think these new players will jump out of crypto soon, but the market is growing so fast these days that I don't think it will have a significant impact on the market if they do.

Obviously, the sudden increase in the price is "odd" for most of us since we haven't seen anything like this before, mainly because we were used to the "normal" price fluctuation. Nowadays cryptocurrencies are getting so much attention from the media that I believe the increase we're seeing right now is normal behaviour for a market that's in the early stages. FOMO is growing every day, and news like Coinbase will be adding more altcoins next year, are both shaking up the market right now, so don't be surprised if the "increasing" trend continues.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
MakersONE

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:37:30 PM

I think that there is overheating in the ICO market. And this is really a fact.
Considering the huge growth of bitcoin, now there is a phase of good growth of other coins, it is necessary to monitor and analyze. But it's complicated, you're right.
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:38:04 PM

In the scenario you described then we would likely see a crash unless there are other newbies with money willing to replace the old ones. Much of the jumps have been unexpected but perhaps reflect where the market should be, it's just that it happened rather quickly and unexpectedly.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
samuel999

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

CSGOBetGuide.com - Esports Gambling List

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:39:53 PM

I think you’re right with the new popularity all of a sudden with bit coin and crypto currency’s the John’s are big and often as of right now. I think the hype will slow down after a couple of months and start balancing back out to normal. It’s pretty amazing how the popularity just bloomed overnight.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:55:45 PM

Its not just you, I also feel like you do, and i believe many more are feeling the same way. I didn't expect bitcoins price to rise so high and so fast, but i can understand why that happened... at least i think i do. And as far as alternative currencies are concerned, i guess their price rise because of bitcoins price. Also some bitcoin holders expect drop in bitcoins price, and because they want to ensure their money, they trade their bitcoins for some altcoin, which is increasing other currencies value as i said.

If few big bitcoin holders decide to sell their bitcoins, that could lower the price. If bitcoins price drop as fast as it rise, there could be a problem. Panic sale could happen, because there's so many newbies in bitcoin world who do not understand how it all works. So there is chance for price to go down... a lot. But it could also continue to rise.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:37:18 PM

Its not just you, I also feel like you do, and i believe many more are feeling the same way. I didn't expect bitcoins price to rise so high and so fast, but i can understand why that happened... at least i think i do. And as far as alternative currencies are concerned, i guess their price rise because of bitcoins price. Also some bitcoin holders expect drop in bitcoins price, and because they want to ensure their money, they trade their bitcoins for some altcoin, which is increasing other currencies value as i said.

If few big bitcoin holders decide to sell their bitcoins, that could lower the price. If bitcoins price drop as fast as it rise, there could be a problem. Panic sale could happen, because there's so many newbies in bitcoin world who do not understand how it all works. So there is chance for price to go down... a lot. But it could also continue to rise.
Big bitcoin holders are smart enough if they want to sell their coins they won't pour them on the market at once... If they do, the price will crash, but if they just sell them piece after piece in small portions, it won't drop the price. It takes more time to sell the bigger portion, but it worths the time and the effort, because they will get proper earnings on those transactions. Also, I think this kind of sell can be automated thru the api of the exchange, so they don't need to sit next to the PC the whole day or so, because trading scripts can do this for them.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2828
Merit: 575

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:58:34 PM

There are really a lot of new investors out there who are more willing to put their money into the ecosystem thinking they can be rich. Well, it could go either way. Other's will be disappointed, while most of us will really stay long and try to chase our dream.

Yes, we are getting bigger and bigger, just look at how the trading platform is today, lots of complaints like being too slow. This is the result of bitcoin and crypto enthusiast expanding and they can't cope with the speed of how much users are making accounts because they don't want to miss the opportunity to get profits.

What happens when they jump out? Nothing in the long run, obviously there's a impact on the price, but it will be just temporary. Maybe we can compare them when China left. Massive dumps but soon we have recovered and rebounded from such catastrophe and went even further ahead. And if you are smart enough, that would be the ideal time to buy bitcoins because it would be inexpensive and you can accumulate more than you expected.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
ndoromas

Activity: 172

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:12:23 AM

The jumping out of newcomers who are less learning and not fond of reading, usually they know that the crypto currency is something that promises to get financial freedom in the old days, in other words can be rich. They usually illustrate such an egg trade in a traditional market, so it is less likely to not be able to digest the situation and market conditions of the crypto currency.

Confidence, learning from experience, reading more about crypto currency, is something useful in the search for crypto currencies, new players must dare to adapt to new areas, must be humble to ask with a more profresional, if advised enough in listening and weighed for rethinking, it is better than, we know and feel great, so patronize who should be our teacher.

This experience I felt when I was trolling on the trollbox of one of the crypto currency markets, who had just studied instead was always arrogantly showing up and so forth, and his karma jumped them out of the competition.
lamadu3

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:14:19 PM

Even if the Bitcoin made a lot of price records and this currency and this high price relies on nothing in real economy, even in such situation cryptocurrencies have big potential for continual growth in modern world.
jmiro1

Activity: 235

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:23:38 PM

Yes, the heat is increased, I agree but I wouldn't say it is overheated. It would likely that more and more people will keep joining with crypto currency rather than leaving it behind, if and only if there is still demand in market for cryto currency. I meant if there are still a big possibility left to make profit in investment and all, there will be demand for crypto currency. And then we may not have to worry about those newbie who's gonna left it. Look at the current situation, bitcoin's price is more than ever now. Don't you think there were lots of newbie who already lost hope with bitcoins?
DjTremor

Activity: 151

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:27:36 PM

Please stop repeating the same things since the previous years. In 2016, people were saying the same things. When the total market cap of all the coins were only $30B.

Beware of the improvement in cryptocurrencies.
simongros
Copper Member

Activity: 64
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:29:52 PM

The more the merrier! Once new visitors become exposed to the crypto scene they'll start to understand the many other pros to cryptocurrencies besides the obvious (investment side) and hopefully look to adopt them into their every day lives.
hakimovic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:30:55 PM

Isn't it a good thing tho ? i mean the more people that acknowledge crypto market the more light we will get and the closer to make the cryptocurrencies regulated in major countries.
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 08:43:29 PM

The heat is much,it is really hot, I feel what you are saying but cryptocurrency still have a place for continual growth in today's world. Bitcoin has given room for growth of other coins but in all be watchful.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀