Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 10:11:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Money stuck in CoinBase, how to get out ?  (Read 157 times)
adam2018 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:12:30 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 09:32:36 PM by adam2018

Hi guys, as a UK customer, i have some money in my GBP wallet over at Coinbase and also around 9 euros i sent them via international payment for verification which has ended up in my Euro wallet.

Its been almost 5 business days and my Account is still saying you cant withdraw anything until my Bank Account is verified.

Im kind of getting a bit worried that if Coinbase was to shut down i would lose not only my coins but also my coin-buying funds.

I have tried sending support a email asking when will the verification be complete but no answer yet.  Huh

The irony is i can buy more funds using my Bank Card (upto a limit) but i cant withdraw  Embarrassed

Anyone else been in this situation ?

How long did it take you to get your bank account verified at Coinbase so you could withdraw direct to your Bank Account?
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:36:42 PM

Do you really think that they are going to answer you to recover nine euros?

That is dust money if you talk about Cryptocurrencies, tell me, how much is it on bitcoins? Aproximately 0.0005, it is dust mate.

Just forget about it, get new funds and start your journey with another wallet.

If you got those issues, is because you need to provide your id to coinbase (and it seems that you haven't did this)

It would be a bad situation if you got stucked more than $1000 or more in there, but $9 is just dust.

Hi guys, as a UK customer, i have some money in my GBP wallet over at Coinbase and also around 9 euros i sent them via international payment for verification which has ended up in my Euro wallet.

Hello
adam2018 (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:56:28 PM

Im sorry i think you misunderstood... My portfolio at Coinbase is worth around 2500 GBP, which i think is over $3000 US.

The $9 Euros i sent i am not bothered about that was just for verification. When i sent it..it turned up in my Coinbase Account as i log in.

The problem i am having is even though i have bought $3000+ worth of Crypto at Coinbase i have never seen a penny of it back in my (fiat) Bank Account.

When i try to withdraw from any of my wallets to my Bank, it says you need to verify - which i believe i have already done over a week ago.

I mean how long did it take you get verified on coinbase ?
Redbackone

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:35:01 PM

Hey mate, it took me ages to get verified with them. Also when I withdrew funds they locked them in a hold for 72 hours or so unless I re-verified again (bloody frustrating). Essentially with the massive increase in account numbers it can take well over a week to get verified. Be patient. It's annoying but it'll happen. I've since moved to Bitcoin ATMs directly to my exchange wallet for trading or offline wallet for holding. Faster, more convenient and actual control over my money so it's not being held hostage by a third company which crashes whenever there's significant price movement.
Redbackone

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:41:29 PM

While I'm at it. I spent up to my limit with them for my credit card (in Euros). It was initially EUR250 or so. Then when I spent that they increased it to EUR750. To get it larger than that I have to wait 30 days. OK I get it. That's a credit card reporting period. But seriously? wtf. Coinbase has lost my business. The endless hurdles you have to jump through and then their site either crashes or they introduce a new hurdle (and these hurdles aren't written down anywhere).

FYI - their support page says their ID document verification is delayed for some customers due to high traffic. So good luck!
adam2018 (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:24:21 PM

Hey mate, it took me ages to get verified with them. Also when I withdrew funds they locked them in a hold for 72 hours or so unless I re-verified again (bloody frustrating). Essentially with the massive increase in account numbers it can take well over a week to get verified. Be patient. It's annoying but it'll happen. I've since moved to Bitcoin ATMs directly to my exchange wallet for trading or offline wallet for holding. Faster, more convenient and actual control over my money so it's not being held hostage by a third company which crashes whenever there's significant price movement.

Thank you for the replies Redbackone, really appreciate it, and it is reassuring. 

Its just that on the website it says 1-2 business days. I guess we can 10x that timeframe with the volume they are getting. Just wish they would 10x the Hiring side of their customer support too Tongue

Also does Bitcoin ATMs allow you to withdraw or only deposit ? I will have to look into that.

Agree with offline hardware storage (i recently ordered a ledger NANO S) as  being the best way to HODL on your coins. Just think of a mother Hen sitting on her eggs  Cool

Hey, if coinbase was a company you could buy shares in - i would sell the wheels off my Car to buy them because of the insane amount of money flooding into their coffers.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:46:29 AM

This is an exchange which entices and lures people to sign up with their grand claims of being the safest and most secure storage and trading platform on this planet. It's after you inject funds into their hot wallets or bank accounts that you realize how frustrating it is to make full use of your account. All outward transactions are restricted. Account activity, crypto and fiat movements, access to assets.. it's like a firewall they deliberately built to keep all revenues and assets locked in their system. After all, money in their system translates to a stable company profile, thus enabling a future proof operation. It's a cycle. The more money they have, the more people are enticed to invest and entrust them with their coins and money.

So here we are. Another case of them taking money and making you jump through hoops and move mountains as a condition for gaining access to YOUR money. It's both ironic and, frankly, illegal.

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:13:49 AM

Its been almost 5 business days and my Account is still saying you cant withdraw anything until my Bank Account is verified.

Im kind of getting a bit worried that if Coinbase was to shut down i would lose not only my coins but also my coin-buying funds.

I have tried sending support a email asking when will the verification be complete but no answer yet.  Huh

The irony is i can buy more funds using my Bank Card (upto a limit) but i cant withdraw  Embarrassed

Anyone else been in this situation ?

How long did it take you to get your bank account verified at Coinbase so you could withdraw direct to your Bank Account?

They're obviously taking their time with verification.

I'm not sure, you may be submitting accidentally wrong information regarding your ID or they could just be delaying your verification for whatever reason that we don't know. They're definitely undermanned in terms of their support though, meaning that if you send in a support request you're literally mailing your query into a huge black hole.

A lot of people have had their transactions stuck pending or even their accounts suspended. So you're not the only one here.
lyseoy

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:33:03 AM

Generally been happy with CoinBase. Once I got verified, there's been no hickups for me, except once when the site was down for a day or two. I withdrew some funds, just to test it out, and it worked fine. Suggest you remain patient for a while longer, I'm sure it'll work out.  Smiley
Redbackone

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:14:16 AM

Also does Bitcoin ATMs allow you to withdraw or only deposit ? I will have to look into that.

The majority only allow you to deposit but some will allow you to withdraw as well. They are much harder to find though. You can find out where your closest ones are here:

(I am assuming you're in the UK but if not follow the links to your country)

Bitcoin ATMs in UK

Whilst the fees and exchange rates can be frustrating, they are nothing on having your funds stuck in an exchange!
wallaroo

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:29:59 PM

Dumb question. Have thousands at Coinbase and onwards from there and was originally sent by the 3D secure debit card method . Want to return some of this to the same GBP bank account and understand I would need to send it via Euro wallet. Understand also that I need to make a SEPA payment before I can make a SEPA withdrawal. I have read Coinbase ?"help"? page to do this but my dumb question is what is the "reference number" they refer to with the bank details or is something that comes from my bank?Huh?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 4986

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:55:00 AM

They are holding my coins hostage until I do KYC which was never the agreement when I signed up.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: