Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:43:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can someone create a coin for your country?  (Read 129 times)
TaKlarPH (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:19:54 PM

A cryptocurrency is special and it would be very special if its named after your school.

•How one can create a coin named after my country?

•How will this coin increase this value? This would be very great to business mens who are interested in bitcoin.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:57:38 PM

A cryptocurrency is special and it would be very special if its named after your school.

•How will this coin increase this value? This would be very great to business mens who are interested in bitcoin.

How? Go to GitHub and clone Bitcoin. Call it what you want. Change the parameters you want and voila. You have a new coin.
Sall-Mo

Activity: 155
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:18:01 AM

I think it's too hard to create a virtual currency.You may need to consider many aspects of the problem
1. You need to write a program to create a good currency code and create a perfect monetary ecosystem
2. A team promotion is needed to make people willing to accept it
3. May violate local laws
So unless you have a good team, it's hard to create a good virtual currency.
tylerik1

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:44:50 PM

You can just a create a coins for your country, it can be a Waves token, Ethereum tokens or your build your own blockchain with own wallet and all that stuff. Its harder to create a own blockchain, tokens are created withing minutes or hours.

Mayorlopez215

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:53:19 PM

I think a common person can think of that, while those influential ones will get it done within a twink of an eye, but those experience shared will be useful now or later. Thanks
BitcoinJuman

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:09:56 PM

How? Go to GitHub and clone Bitcoin. Call it what you want. Change the parameters you want and voila. You have a new coin.

You are talking about copying the Bitcoin, but the real question is how to make the coin original and what is the process for development, I think we need software Eng. to answer this question.

mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:51:21 PM

You are talking about copying the Bitcoin, but the real question is how to make the coin original and what is the process for development, I think we need software Eng. to answer this question.

Do you want it proof of stake or proof of work or something else?

Do you want it decentralized and p2p or controlled by a government?

POW, p2p and block chain exists.  See BTC, litecoin and others.

You mentioned that a crypto would be special if named after your school. Your question was how to make it after your country.

All you need to do is clone BTC.
7BEN7

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:00:34 PM

In reality it wouldn't have much value. Coins that are used by MAJORITY have value; not the ones used by a limited number of people.
nrm4bits

Activity: 132
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:12:51 AM

Some time ago i was thinking a way to create a coin for my own puposes, i mean learning how to work with full nodes, mining, blockexplorers and so, to increase my skills in programming and increase my crypto-knowledge.
I found this site by that time, i didn't take a deep look at it but it maybe useful to you. Hope it helps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: