Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:58:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New scammer - Alexsandr Aka Tarren Smith  (Read 822 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:16:21 PM

I got some emails from a new member talking about a transaction using John K, I knew nothing about it and it turns out there is a scammer on Skype claiming to be me lol. Just check out there post in the newbie section, trying to sell 200+ BTC lol. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256461.0

The image below was sent by a user they were messaging, I have blurred there details and contacts. but you can see "Tarren" claims to be me.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:22:13 PM

Alexsandr and vcxbvcbcvgfy are probably the same person

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=257114.0
scotaloo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:23:17 PM

Confirmed scammer. We know who he is, if you'd like full dox I'd be willing to sell them.

btw he's talking shit he didn't buy that account, not from us for sure and I'm 90% positive not from any other trader.

And yes he is likely vcxbvcbcvgfy too but we don't have proof only high suspicion.
Alexsandr

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:28:22 PM

whoa no! I just explained that was not me and the user vcxbvcbcvgfy said he would refund me if i did him a favor.. so i uess i fell for it :-(
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:33:57 PM

whoa no! I just explained that was not me and the user vcxbvcbcvgfy said he would refund me if i did him a favor.. so i uess i fell for it :-(

Perhaps, I dont know all the details. Perhaps post some examples of messages that have been sent. Are you Tarren Smith from Skype?
MsBitcoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:42:34 PM

I am the other involved party.  Tarren Smith had stated numerous times in our skype conversation that their name was owenprescott and even provided a link to "their" profile, linking to owenprescott's profile.  I was talking to Tarren Smith on Skype with the intentions of buying some bitcoins from them.  They claimed to be bitcointalk user owenprescott so in the course of setting up escrow through John K I forwarded a message from John K regarding said escrow to owenprescott and they in turn replied that I must have sent the message to the wrong person.

After asking Tarren Smith to send me a pm here to verify identity I was sent a pm from Alexsandr stating "hi we are on skype talking"

Now Alexsandr is claiming in pm:

"who are you? i was just told to pm you i dont think im talking to u on skype i dnt have skype?"

When asked who told him to pm me he claims:

"the user name is vcxbvcbcvgfy
he scammed me a few days a go and i have been begging for my money back and he said if i pmed this person for him he would refund.. which he didnt.. im stupid... smh. fell for this crap. he scammed me a few days ago"

Morale of the story is watch your bitcoins.

Alexsandr

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:48:21 PM

Perhaps, I dont know all the details. Perhaps post some examples of messages that have been sent. Are you Tarren Smith from Skype?
no not at all 100%. I didnt now what he was doing. smh! I will post messages now

Edit. My messages are somehow deleted. plus i can only post once every 6 mins and he just sent me a pm.

Hahaha u fell for it!!! Dumbass! And NO I WILL NOT PAY YOU BACK

this is not fair to me and i fell for this crap.
Alexsandr

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:55:39 PM

is anyone seeing what i am talking about???
Alexsandr

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:15:40 PM

so nobody responds but i have a neg rep now.. thanks. hate this forum more than anything.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:01:54 PM

so nobody responds but i have a neg rep now.. thanks. hate this forum more than anything.
Please feel free to fuck off.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Duffer1

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 01:46:19 AM

Thank you for posting this Owen. 

Yesterday I posted a WTB in the currency exchange forum.  Alexsandr contacted me right away.  We were in the middle of working out escrow with John K until you posted this.  Even if he's on the level with my deal (which is possible, I mean what kind of scammer agrees to escrow?), but he's still compromised his account (at the very least).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: