Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:35:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Somebody please sell me on a new AMD Rig  (Read 164 times)
Suntzu88 (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:12:12 PM

I just started mining in July this year. We (my wife and I) got the parts build a 6 x 1070 rig on July 22, we got all the 1070 cars for $399 each and
had it up and running 3 hours later.

How difficult are the AMD rigs compared to the Nvidia rigs.

Please sell me on a AMD rig for Cryptonight! or another algo (maybe get another nvidia rig?)

Thankds
poisonxa

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 12:30:27 AM

imo nvidia ftw if power is not an issue 6 - 12 1080tis running 240 watts 826 sols a piece. or also like 67-80 mhs a piece Wink

CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:39:14 AM

I just started mining in July this year. We (my wife and I) got the parts build a 6 x 1070 rig on July 22, we got all the 1070 cars for $399 each and

Please sell me on a AMD rig for Cryptonight! or another algo (maybe get another nvidia rig?)

Thankds

I run both NVidia and amd gpus and either runs great, amd rx 480 rig that's about to breach full 30 days of mining with no restarts,shutdowns etc
I wish there was good bios modding software for NVidia 10xx series gpus like amd has Polaris bios editor which does great for those gpus. NVidia does offer to sign bios's as long as the settings in the bios don't break the gpu in any way shape for form

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:43:26 AM

I'm running a 6 gpu RX Vega 56 rig.  Got the gpu's for 525 each, but you'll just have to wait until the suppy is replenished.  No one has them in stock right now for a reasonable price.  Anyway ... Each card is doing 1900 h/s with xmr-stak.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 01:07:15 AM

If power is reasonably cheap, a Vega-based rig will do quite well. (56 and 64 get similar performance on XMR and such coins, but if you can get the 64 at similar prices, may as well.)

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
gotminer

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:16:11 AM

If power is reasonably cheap, a Vega-based rig will do quite well. (56 and 64 get similar performance on XMR and such coins, but if you can get the 64 at similar prices, may as well.)

True that!  I'm not sure what cheap power is ... I'm paying about 0.10 per kwh.  Each card is running at 180w with a soft power reduction via regedit.  Out of the box, my cards were running at 225w - 230w each.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 01:30:59 AM

Thankds

AMD rigs may involve a bit more configuration because of the need for BIOS mods and whatnot but the primary trade-off is that you get more hashrate and less power consumption. Of course it will depend on your GPU but generally its safe to say its more profitable.

Like what previous posters said, I personally recommend the Vega 56s, if you can get them at around $500.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
LoneRangir

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:44:24 AM

I have a PowerColor RX480 8GB 'reference' card, and an XFX  4GB RS RX470 card I'd be willing to make a great deal on, especially if paying in crypto.  If anyone is interested, and preferably in the US, please PM me. 
gotminer

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:47:13 AM

Thankds

AMD rigs may involve a bit more configuration because of the need for BIOS mods and whatnot but the primary trade-off is that you get more hashrate and less power consumption. Of course it will depend on your GPU but generally its safe to say its more profitable.

Like what previous posters said, I personally recommend the Vega 56s, if you can get them at around $500.

The stats I posted above are without bios mods.  1900 h/s and 180w power draw.  The only thing I did was windows reg edits to reduce power consumption from 230 to 180 per card.

gotminer

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:50:46 AM

I have a PowerColor RX480 8GB 'reference' card, and an XFX  4GB RS RX470 card I'd be willing to make a great deal on, especially if paying in crypto.  If anyone is interested, and preferably in the US, please PM me. 

Fuck that noise ... Lol.

duyquang06

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:55:14 AM

Come to Vietnam, we have a lot 470 570 580 and Vega64 u  Smiley
gotminer

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:05:48 AM

Lol ... Is that where AMD makes their cards?

damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:07:46 AM

I've been trying to get some AMD GPU from past 5 months in UK no luck at all, all the retailers are saying that they don't have stock at all!!

Wondering how these people getting their GPU from!!

Probably they know some big dealers from the black market who controls all the stock?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
gotminer

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:10:51 AM

I've been trying to get some AMD GPU from past 5 months in UK no luck at all, all the retailers are saying that they don't have stock at all!!

Wondering how these people getting their GPU from!!

Probably they know some big dealers from the black market who controls all the stock?

Not sure how it works in the UK ... I just bought 12 Vega 56's in the USA for 525-550USD each three weeks ago, but now ... No one has them for that price.  There are people on Amazon selling Vega 56's for 1000USD.  Hopefully BTC will drop 25% soon and people will stop buying cards.

duyquang06

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:38:30 AM

Lol ... Is that where AMD makes their cards?

No, China does but we (distribution+dealer retail) do good business.

We take order from factory, ensure *0000 units per month(that from 1 brand VGA only) to monopoly in Vietnam(or Sea). I will tell u guys how it works.

We cut the guarantee products to 12 months only + Contract 50%-70% reserves money from customer so we have enough money to deal with factory and surely 100% sale out.

i don't mind if u guys hate us but this is how we do bussiness

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: