Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:55:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Market Cycle Stage Are we ?  (Read 197 times)
jdlr (OP)

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:12:35 PM

Where are we in this cycle ? Not only for bitcoin, for altcoins too.
Thoughts from the experts / early adopters ?. Cheers !

tomwalsh

Activity: 112
Merit: 30

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:20:30 PM

It is such a hard question to answer. It is always so easy to see the defining moments in hindsight but during it nearly impossible.

I believe bitcoin is midway up or at the top of its cycle, and it wont be long before it sees sharp trend downwards.

From my analysis of the altcoin market, especially the token market, I think we are at the early acceleration phase, many good coins have been supported by early adopters and are now poised to accelerate as development progresses.

My worry is that the crash of bitcoin may cause a shock wave effect that breaks down the fledgling altcoin market.

Only time will tell.

Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:30:49 PM

I think that image oversimplifies a very complex thing. Not saying those phases are not correct because they are, but I think it's missing the consolidation phase after the euphoria. That graphic is probably perfect for bubble behavior but if you really have something quite revolutionary in hands, and with a real use case, then I think you will get a cool down and consolidation phase. There is no reason to go to denial, panic, etc, until depression, because it's time to just use what you have.
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:36:59 PM

For now, we are in the cycle of earlier than prosperity. As I notice that bitcoin grows up faster and other altcoins will go through the flow of bitcoin, I can say that cryptocurrency is in economic boom! If the cryptocurrency will spread around the world and all countries will adapt this trend then it will go to the peak of the cycle. One day, it will go slowly and I am afraid that cryptocurrency will crash.

777asianinvasian

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:42:13 PM

The way I see it we are in either the anger or depression part of the cycle and are nearing our way to the disbelief part of the cycle. Either in a couple of months or 3-4 months I believe we will be in the optimism part of the cycle but again I think that is a few months away at least. Some stronger altcoins will have their time now but the whole overall market will have its time in late Spring early Summer imho.

tomwalsh

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:43:17 PM

I think that image oversimplifies a very complex thing. Not saying those phases are not correct because they are, but I think it's missing the consolidation phase after the euphoria. That graphic is probably perfect for bubble behavior but if you really have something quite revolutionary in hands, and with a real use case, then I think you will get a cool down and consolidation phase. There is no reason to go to denial, panic, etc, until depression, because it's time to just use what you have.

The crypto bubble seems very much like the dotcom bubble.

That too was a revolutionary development like you say but that didn't stop the market from falling into panick.
People were throwing money at projects that had no use in the market, but believed in them just because they were part of the hype.

Same thing is happening with crypto.

Best thing you can do is invest in coins and tokens which are supported by projects with good fundamentals and real world use cases.
That way even in the event of a crash you can ride it out save in the knowledge that even if it is a victim of the panic and depression the vale of the coin will be realized with time and should start to correct.

scarecrow2096

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:43:40 PM

https://i.imgur.com/xZ7vxK5.jpg

This is the real beginning, when the whole world start to use the crypto related world and see what's the next future for the currencys transactions blockchain based.
tomwalsh

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:48:04 PM

The way I see it we are in either the anger or depression part of the cycle and are nearing our way to the disbelief part of the cycle. Either in a couple of months or 3-4 months I believe we will be in the optimism part of the cycle but again I think that is a few months away at least. Some stronger altcoins will have their time now but the whole overall market will have its time in late Spring early Summer imho.

That is a ridiclous conclusion.

From what you are saying the 1000% increase in bitcoin value over the last year was the CONTRACTION stage of the cycle???

That is moronic, the market very obviously increased in value meaning we definitely are at some point in the expansion phase.
This is typical hype and wishful thinking that the price has only just started to go up.

marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:55:36 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 01:53:58 AM by marcbitcoins

I think we are still in improvement stage or recovery-prosperity cycle because even do bitcoin already recorded an ATH of $17,000 still we have more issues that need attention like the delayed traffic transactions in the blockchain and bitcoin still to be introduce to the whole world because still lot of people dont know about digital currencies.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:58:42 PM

I can't imagine deficits becoming smaller anytime soon.

As long as deficits continue to increase and taxes are hiked as governments attempt the flawed policy of taxing and spending their way out of debt.

Interest in crypto currencies should continue to increase dramatically as people seek ways to protect their wealth and savings against what may be a rising tide of fear and concern, propelled by fears over the dollar and euro failing or hyperinflating.

Heightened increase in crypto, should translate to higher trading volume and higher demand, which should in turn continue to drive its value upwards.
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:08:18 AM

I think we're in consolidation phase and yes the chart is perfect for bubble. time will tell what would be the bitcoin prediction in the next few years. 2018 Q1 start of bull run and we're to get a lot of profit in here.
Shendy23

Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:02:26 AM

I think we on a thrill stage now. Since everyone is telling everyone to buy and have more bitcoin. But I rather earn the bitcoin by doing task from a campaing here than buying it. This is to avoid money losses in the end. Since  I already loss much of it from other scammers. haha. I better to avoid it this time.

jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:19:23 AM

I hope I've reach the euphoria stage, but as of now i am in "belief" fully invested to bitcoin and to become euphoria someday not bad if you have that goal in cryptocurrency because nowadays more investor in bitcoin it comes less supply and makes bitcoin expensive. Maybe this chart says for perfect bubble, we can't predict what will happen next.
All i can say is just trust bitcoin no doubt no halfhearted we all more than rich someday with bitcoin and have faith.

cheers!!

Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:43:10 AM

We are in a stage of a game of patience, you see everything else mooning and you want to ride the wave so bad, but you know you just have to wait for 1 piece of news and this is going to the moon. Recently the news and also the fake news have pumped a lot of respected coins. I always say that people forget about the innovation of cryptos and that will cause some great hurts to the industry.
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:04:26 AM

As of now, I think cryptocurrency is just amidst of prosperity. We won't actually predict what will happens in cryptocurrency. Maybe it will reach its peak by the year 2018 or it may turn down. For me, it will grow up specially bitcoin becomes famous all over the world.
viscera2

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:36:26 AM

Dear Imposter using my Viscera Account

I realise you're having a lot of fun with my account

Since you won't talk to me I'm just going to pop back from time to time to remind everyone that you are not actually a senior member but have stolen a senior members account.

You picked on me a couple of weeks after I was able to get some help on here selling BCH so I'm not sure if that's why.

Anyway, I'm not really expecting a reply, you've never denied being a scammer and you've never denied stealing the account so I won't hold my breath waiting for a reply.

To everyone else reading this, don't be lazy with you passwords on here... I had an easy one cause I had this account from the time BTC was $20 and I didn't value the account that much... just a nice place to chat.

Hope not too many of you get scammed but hey, scammers gonna scam.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:51:39 AM

We are actually at the early adoption as most of the world populace has started to get knowledge on Bitcoin and others crypto currencies. The future trade is another major adoptions that has happened and to me, we need this type of professionals to enter into the market in others to fix most of the problems governments may create for Bitcoin in future.
grimoire5

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:09:03 AM

after read about that chart, i'm interesting about future contract
if you want to bet BTC price will go down, just go there
i'm not an expert but i think we almost reach the top
Thrill
why? because i think more people will join and after that, whales will take profit because they already invest in the beginning
when there is no more whales want to buy.. you know.. price will go down and people will start looking another investment
in this month many whales buy BTC so the price just go high.. if the price go down so soon, they are not making money..
so that's why BTC price will go higher and we msut becarefull after that
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:53:27 PM

A highly subjective question, different perspectives, quite difficult to predict at what stage of the hype cycle Bitcoin is currently at. IMO there could be two possible scenarios.

Peak of inflated expectations – Trough of disillusionment – Slope of enlightenment - Plateau of productivity.

1. Technology-driven adoption, proven valuation as a store of value, technological developments/upgrades/scalability/surviving forks and other uncertainties. Getting legal status from countries like Japan and Australia and most recently the Bitcoin futures. If all these can be considered as mainstream adoption then the 2011 and 2013 crashes were the trough of disillusionment and Bitcoin is now on its way to slope of enlightenment.

2. Speculation-driven adoption/hype, lack of merchant adoption, transaction volume getting dominated by trading volume, lack of utility as a medium of exchange, pending technological implementations/upgrades. Currently roughly around 0.01% of the world population is using Bitcoin and based on all these it can be assumed that Bitcoin has yet to reach mainstream adoption so it might still be in the peak of inflated expectations which would be followed by a trough of disillusionment (major correction) to finally reach slope of enlightenment and then plateau of productivity.

Like I mentioned, it is quite impossible to predict the current phase of Bitcoin, better to relax without giving much thought to price movements.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:08:10 PM

Obviously, we are still in the stages where Bitcoin goes straight up but if you ask me, I don't think this chart is fully applicable to Bitcoin as well as altcoins. In other words, we have already seen this cycle repeat itself many times. For example, after Bitcoin had been goxed, we were definitely in the downward trend for a couple years, but we have long passed the Gox highs made in 2013. Well, maybe not so long ago actually but you get the point.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: