Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 09:13:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase question  (Read 1305 times)
cjspiller28 (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:33:36 PM

In light of bitinstant going down, for the first time ever, I purchased bitcoins through a NON-instant service.

As a result, I might be in a little trouble  (as I worried might happen).

On Monday, I was in need of 2.1 BTC, so I purchased 2.6 BTC through Coinbase to prepare in case there was minor drop in value.

Just my luck, the price per unit has dropped $8-9 since my purchase, and I'm on thin ice.

Here comes the question: According to Coinbase, my BTC would be delivered by Friday, but I was hoping that Friday was a "worst case scenario" because in the past I have SOLD to Coinbase and they paid me 1 day prior to the day associated with the transaction. 

Does coinbase ever deliver a little early?  Or, Do they ever deliver LATE?

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 01:41:36 AM

Delivered to the minute with me.  Your transaction should say Friday at such and such time. They will be there on the minute.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:16:27 PM

In light of bitinstant going down, for the first time ever, I purchased bitcoins through a NON-instant service.

As a result, I might be in a little trouble  (as I worried might happen).

On Monday, I was in need of 2.1 BTC, so I purchased 2.6 BTC through Coinbase to prepare in case there was minor drop in value.

Just my luck, the price per unit has dropped $8-9 since my purchase, and I'm on thin ice.

Here comes the question: According to Coinbase, my BTC would be delivered by Friday, but I was hoping that Friday was a "worst case scenario" because in the past I have SOLD to Coinbase and they paid me 1 day prior to the day associated with the transaction. 

Does coinbase ever deliver a little early?  Or, Do they ever deliver LATE?

The estimated date is not always correct however most of the time it is. A couple of weeks ago I bought a few bitcoins from coinbase they ended up approving the purchase two days early. This week my purchase will take the exact amount of time estimated (11:30pm today). Luckily after today coinbase will have applied the instant function to my account so it's a non-issue here on out. If you need btc right away jump through the hoops coinbase sets in place for instant btc. Or go through virwox and pay hefty fee's. Your first virwox purchase will take 1-2 days to clear after that all purchases are instantly available however as stated the fees are a huge down side (something like 10% can't remember).
cjspiller28 (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 08:14:13 PM

Bummer.  Well, at least there is now only 3 hours to go and the bitcoin rate seems to be creeping up to about where it was when I bought them, so maybe all will be ok.

Plus, I discovered Local Bitcoins and I believe "once you go localbitcoins.com you'll never go back!"

My experience with localbitcoins yesterday:  Went to a bank that was literally 2 minute walk from the office, made a deposit, came back and scanned the deposit slip with my ref#, TWO minutes later:  Bitcoins delivered.

Doesn't get much better than that.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 10:11:16 PM

I have a question about Coinbase as well....

A: I thought the price was pegged to MTGox.com  Just on a quick check right now Coinbase buy/sell is about $5.00USD less that MTGox... (?) wtf.

B: Instant transfer. I made a instant transfer, but I used the wrong account.  In result my 15BTC was canceled. I had 7BTC in my account (which Coinbase took back.) They sent me a e-mail saying I am responsible for sending the remaining 8BTC. I am going to of course but what happens if I didn't.... Coinbase is not a licensed Money transfer business to the best of my knowledge so I just can't see them taking anything to court.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
mfalme

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:13:36 AM

i used instant as well and the BTC is long gone & they are saying they didnt get paid from my bank...even though all the money I initially used is still in the bank. Now they are saying I owe them more than I initially bought....What should I do?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 02:37:47 AM

i used instant as well and the BTC is long gone & they are saying they didnt get paid from my bank...even though all the money I initially used is still in the bank. Now they are saying I owe them more than I initially bought....What should I do?

More than you bought? Seriously? They just requested I deposit 15BTC back, keep us posted. Maybe copy/paste the email of them requesting more than you bought...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: