Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:55:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will surpass $500,000 by the end of 2018  (Read 427 times)
iron talon

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:11:05 PM

Since China shut down exchanges bitcoin has been growing at a rate of 1% per day.  This is because lets estimate at least 5 million coins are stuck in china and can't be traded so the overall tradeable supply of bitcoin is much less than it was before september 30th.  Less supply means increase in price.

Bitcoin will continue an average growth of 1% per day until the world runs out of money or china reopens exchanges and a massive dump occurs.  The equation is:

starting value x (1.01)^(# of days in the future)

Once bitcoin hits 1 million it will stall, this is because the world will literally run out of money.  At this point china will launch the cryptoyuan and allow people to trade bitcoin for it.  Then when the chinese government gets all its people's bitcoin, it will dump them on the open market and attempt to make 5 trillion dollars and pay off their national debt.

That's a huge claim. In a positive scenario, bitcoin could even be $50,000 but $500,000 wouldn't be that easy honestly. It's way too far from the current price and will take too much time.
VuLDK

Activity: 284
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:25:47 PM

In 2018, I think price of bitcoin will be increase $25000
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:15:24 PM

This year was very optimistic for the crypto currency market and I think most analysts believe that in the next years the price of crypto currency will grow rapidly. I'd really like that, but I'd rather keep my sanity.
I think if in 2018 the price of bitcoin reaches $ 100,000, it will be an excellent result
Yeah 100000$ is possible at the end of 2018 but 500k is a large value and it will take couple of year to achieve that value because it is just the beginning f rise an community is not that much denser to take price to so high value it take acceptance of 70% of world and investment as well, so 500k will come but not that soon and every value suit on its time and enjoy the current prices and hope for the profitable future.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1105

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:24:26 PM

That is something a big value to be reached in a very short time period. Within an year reaching such a high value is really tedious. But it too has got the possibility, because just with the adoption of bitcoin from Japan it made a sudden price pumping. When more countries similar to Japan adopt bitcoin such a price might be reached.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:40:52 PM

lol, op is kinda excited. we aint  yet done on the year 2017 but your already speculating the year 2018 and your saying that it can reach 500,000 dollars? oh my word. keep it easy mate for sure bitcoin will gonna reach that insane amount soon but for now lets just foccus  on how to improve our strategies on how to improve our selves to be able to control our emotions on how we can possibly hold and preserve our bitcoins in a verry long time.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:47:37 PM

In 2018, I think price of bitcoin will be increase $25000

This is more reasonable and seems to possible as well in 2018 as at present the value of per bitcoin has risen till 19500$ . Also if it falls to some extent it will come back in few months or so . SO for 2018 we should all be positive and with some good initiatives from governments the price will definitely increase and will help people to fulfill their dreams .

wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:14:42 PM

This will be a fun thread to look back on by the end of 2018. I want to just log my thoughts here, so that I can come back a year & 2 weeks from now & see this post.

It's definitely possible that BTC could go to $500,000 by the end of 2018. Look at what people were saying at $1k..."I'll eat _______ if BTC goes to $10k by the end of 2017". Now we are at the end & it's nearly double that.

The thing is that only a small portion of the world's money is in BTC right now. As price continues to climb, more people go from "wtf is a bitcoin" or "It's a bubble", to "How do I buy some of that".

If price ends the year at something like $25,000, then that is only 20x for BTC to reach $500,000. I use the word only loosely, because currently in the cryptosphere you can say only 20x & people say "yeah, that's nothing".
It would be interesting later in 2018 to come back here to really see what even really turned out to be. Most times when I read some threads far back and the discussion of so many people and how bitcoin turned out eventually, that gives me some hope and really this forum is just pretty awesome.

The price ending this year at that value would really mean we can expect some huge rise in the value of bitcoin next year. No doubt! And how huge that is going to be, no one knows and even John Mcafee is so optimistic about it.
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:00:32 PM

Since China shut down exchanges bitcoin has been growing at a rate of 1% per day.  This is because lets estimate at least 5 million coins are stuck in china and can't be traded so the overall tradeable supply of bitcoin is much less than it was before september 30th.  Less supply means increase in price.

Bitcoin will continue an average growth of 1% per day until the world runs out of money or china reopens exchanges and a massive dump occurs.  The equation is:

starting value x (1.01)^(# of days in the future)

Once bitcoin hits 1 million it will stall, this is because the world will literally run out of money.  At this point china will launch the cryptoyuan and allow people to trade bitcoin for it.  Then when the chinese government gets all its people's bitcoin, it will dump them on the open market and attempt to make 5 trillion dollars and pay off their national debt.
you are really too godlike bitcoin. 500.000$  is a number too large to achieve in 2018. you where to base to say that bitcoin is still stuck in China. There's way too much to the people of China can sell bitcoin out. 5 million coins- I don't think even the earlier China holds more so when only current bitcoin has more than 16 million bitcoin in the world

Make me great again
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:03:50 PM

$500K by end of 2018? Hey we can all dream, right? The end of 2018/beginning of 2019 is when we will start seeing hype for the 2020 halving event. I bet a lot of new bitcoiners getting in now don't even know what halving is yet.
maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:08:21 PM

This year was very optimistic for the crypto currency market and I think most analysts believe that in the next years the price of crypto currency will grow rapidly. I'd really like that, but I'd rather keep my sanity.
I think if in 2018 the price of bitcoin reaches $ 100,000, it will be an excellent result
Yeah 100000$ is possible at the end of 2018 but 500k is a large value and it will take couple of year to achieve that value because it is just the beginning f rise an community is not that much denser to take price to so high value it take acceptance of 70% of world and investment as well, so 500k will come but not that soon and every value suit on its time and enjoy the current prices and hope for the profitable future.

Yes it might take a good 4 to 5 years to reach anywhere near that figure if things go well and if we form a strong bitcoin community who can work for betterment of bitcoin and help us in creating strategy to defend bitcoin from regulator's wrath and to over come other challenges like transaction time, implementing smart contacts , having some new technologies to outstanding other altcoins as well.

Am I spamming? Report me!
coolstory

Activity: 211

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:12:05 PM

$500K by end of 2018? Hey we can all dream, right? The end of 2018/beginning of 2019 is when we will start seeing hype for the 2020 halving event. I bet a lot of new bitcoiners getting in now don't even know what halving is yet.

Let me ask you one question, who dreamed about bitcoin to hit up to $20,000 this year? Simply, at most 1% of the whole community. Then dreaming about bitcoin sometimes turn into real.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:21:29 PM

Going from $1000 to $20000 is not really to compare with going from 20K to 500K. You just can't see it like that, there's no exponential growth when it comes to such large amounts. Besides, you cannot see the 5 million bitcoins in Chinese hands as missing. The people who own these bitcoins are smart enough to find there way in trading outside from China. 50K is a more realistic prediction for next year, which still is a large amount.

DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:32:20 PM

That's too exaggerated maybe $80,000 won't be bad by the end of 2018 but still it will base on the flow of exchanges and demand of the bitcoin. But still if what you predicted will happen i will be thank you now because of this.
TriplexXx

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:39:30 PM

Bitcoin can't reach $1 million per coin for sure within next few decades but if it will remain alive or in limelight than it can surpass that level after all bitcoin will be mined.

Also $500,000 by end of 2018 is just a over speculation. I think $50k around will be new ATH price for 2018.
Delusional! $500k within few weeks is of course not realistic with that random data.
Even $50k i will say it is hard , bitcoin even struggle to comeback to $17,500 and $18,000 how you can say something like that.
Let's be realistic , close this year with $19,000 is a gift , close this year with $50,000 it is miracle!
I was thinking the same thing, there is no way bitcoin price reach $500,000 in only 52 weeks. how about $100,000 that can be possible.
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:54:06 PM

That's too exaggerated maybe $80,000 won't be bad by the end of 2018 but still it will base on the flow of exchanges and demand of the bitcoin. But still if what you predicted will happen i will be thank you now because of this.
Yes this is too fast of bitcoin, I think $500k is to huge by end of 2018. Actually were are not very sure about but prediction might happen or not. So however, bitcoin cannot surpass $500k by the end of 2018.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:04:17 PM

Bitcoin can't reach $1 million per coin for sure within next few decades but if it will remain alive or in limelight than it can surpass that level after all bitcoin will be mined.

Also $500,000 by end of 2018 is just a over speculation. I think $50k around will be new ATH price for 2018.
Delusional! $500k within few weeks is of course not realistic with that random data.
Even $50k i will say it is hard , bitcoin even struggle to comeback to $17,500 and $18,000 how you can say something like that.
Let's be realistic , close this year with $19,000 is a gift , close this year with $50,000 it is miracle!
Yesterday, the eth began to fall. It may be that the reason that people sell their coins and buy bitcoin. If this happens we will see a short-term surge in prices. This may be 19-20K dollars. But then I agree that the end of the year we will meet with about 18-19K$. Bitcoin champion of the year. I hope that the next year will be even better.
Your speculation seems wrong , the price of ethereum tend to stable in bitcoin rates.
And even increased in usd rates , people still have a faith in ethereum equal a faith to bitcoin maybe ....
So it wasn't the reason why bitcoin can still go up to 20k$ by the end of this year to fall or corrected later in the new year?
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:56:32 AM

Well I think no, bitcoin maybe hit $40k to$60k by end of 2018.But I don't know why you said 500k we are still not in the stage of speaking about $500k.lets talk about $100k then we may go to $500k then $1M.
Everyone’s answer is no because the requirement of 500k price is high and bitcoin reached at that level and this is not impossible but seems difficult because people are out there who don’t know about it yet and if they will know about bitcoin and get started in bitcoin then there is a minute chance to see price that much high bitcoin assure that when its use will increase up the 70% of world then prices will be in millions.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: