Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:04:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just enabled Bitcoin on my Online Store  (Read 1431 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 12:51:29 AM

Well, just signed up for a Merchant account at least.   My developers have the Bitcoin Magento plugin in their task list.   A couple weeks and we'll be live.

Excited to be in a position of owning an ecommerce site and being able to take a step like this.   

Both to propogate both the awareness of the currency, and to encourage transactions.

Anyone else here with an online store going to add BTC soon?

-Burger-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4536

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 12:58:22 AM

might be worth adding your website to your profile. so that people can come visit and spend coins with you once live

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
CoinsForTech

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 01:57:29 AM

We're a bitcoin only store, so yes we accept BTC Grin

Why not add some details about your business to your profile? There are a lot of us on the forums that are incredibly interested bitcoin businesses, both already established & up and coming.

What are currently you selling?

BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 02:03:29 AM

Well okay here it is.

I may win the award for most strange Bitcoin early adopting online store though .... lol

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/shop

CoinsForTech

Activity: 698

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 02:16:57 AM

Well okay here it is.

I may win the award for most strange Bitcoin early adopting online store though .... lol

Really, really nice site mate! I doubt you'll have any trouble finding customers wanting to pay using bitcoins. Majority of bitcoin users are young males, some of which I'm certain will be interested in your products.

edit: I must express my disappointment that your store is not burger related though Cry

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 06:41:30 AM

Well okay here it is.

Very nice site but I don't know about hair loss products + Bitcoin. Isn't the average age of a Bitcoin user like 24? I guess there's a small market among the few Bitcoin business operators that are older.

BTW: Your name is almost my favorite beer.

jacktarli

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 06:49:36 AM

Very professional looking site and I see you already have 8k facebook likes.

Although you have picked a hard niche to sell in, I wish you the best of luck and keep up the good work  Cheesy
melon

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:19:59 AM

I frequently use custom color schemes(high contrast) bcz I have bad eyes and most sites have half the pages objects buried under color of window(parameter)... your site seems to work well as almost all objects are presented one level up over window color parameter) separate from background color parameter or application background color... in other words its layered correctly.. one mention though.. the price of generic propecia is layered below window color and doesn't show on screen as the rest do ...  ive noticed even well known sites such as yt don't layer .gif images correctly to work under high contrast..they all get buried ..nice work... nice site... im bald I might try the finasteride...lol Cool

Once was a man his name was Jed..had a lot of hair but it wasn't on his head !
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 12:29:12 PM

Very nice site but I don't know about hair loss products + Bitcoin. Isn't the average age of a Bitcoin user like 24?

32 and MALE

http://simulacrum.cc/2013/03/04/the-demographics-of-bitcoin-part-1-updated/

I think a very significant percentage of males actually starts losing hair at 24 anyway.

Perseus353

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 12:52:42 PM

Wow -- I fit perfectly in the demographic, although I wonder whether at age 33 I'm getting on a bit.

1CkV1H1CA67CjpG5QMxEgVU9tNto51DBHd
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:53:08 PM

Very nice site but I don't know about hair loss products + Bitcoin. Isn't the average age of a Bitcoin user like 24?

32 and MALE

http://simulacrum.cc/2013/03/04/the-demographics-of-bitcoin-part-1-updated/

I think a very significant percentage of males actually starts losing hair at 24 anyway.

24 really? That's sad. I'm 59 and still have a full head of hair. Runs in my family though.

Edit: I just looked at your age distribution survey and the bulk of users are between 25-29.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:59:56 PM

Anyone else here with an online store going to add BTC soon?

-Burger-

I added BTC to my online store too.

www.Knives4Bitcoin.com

in fact that's the ONLY payment method we accept. I feel like a true bitcoin patriot and you should too Smiley

You're following in the footsteps of Charlie Shrem. He started out his Bitcoin career selling knives in the marketplace forum.

trilightzone.org

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 06:55:56 PM

Well okay here it is.

Very nice site but I don't know about hair loss products + Bitcoin. Isn't the average age of a Bitcoin user like 24? I guess there's a small market among the few Bitcoin business operators that are older.

BTW: Your name is almost my favorite beer.
http://www.seeklogo.com/images/B/Bitte_ein_Bit-logo-BDF1FCE7A2-seeklogo.com.gif

We got some one who might be interested :-) Nice to see more stores / services with bitcoin acceptance !
Ephebus

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 09:40:13 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2013, 07:03:35 AM by Ephebus

Although this thread is not intended as an analysis of the quality of the OP's site design, I'd like to second the opinion that it's very well designed and implemented. I'm sick of seeing sites made by people who just finished some web design course and are willing to show off their "skills", then they fill the sites with all kinds of plugins and non-W3C compliant code causing them not to work properly with a lot of browsers. People don't seem to realize that if just 10 per cent of visitors have issues visiting a web site, that means that out of every 100K visitors, for example, 10K will not buy anything from that site and most probably won't return to it again = potential customers lost forever. I took the time to test the OP's site on different versions of Opera, Firefox and IE, and it worked perfectly with all of them. Way to go!
CryptoCoinShops

Activity: 124

Online Crypto Shopping

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 10:25:47 PM

Nice to see more omline sites acepting Bitcoin  Smiley

Guys you are more than welcome to list them for free on the cryptocoinshop website in my siggy .

BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 07:57:36 PM

Thank you everybody.  The site has actually been around since 1999, so we have a pretty decent sized customer base already.   Pretty sure none of them use bitcoin but I consider it an honor to even increase awareness of it with the banner on the store home page.  "Visual familiarity" is a huge step in legitimizing anything. As for the design - its a bit outdated, but I need to give props where props are due - http://www.orangelabel.com were the designers. They're pretty badass at web design.  The one they did for us is now about 6 years old, but it was pretty amazing looking back in 2007.  We'll be updating it soon.  

-Burger-

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: