Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:23:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: United Bitcoin Hardfork December 12th  (Read 160 times)
muraqaba (OP)

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:49:05 AM

apparently there was another bitcoin hardfork besides super bitcoin on the 12th which i also heard nothing of until after the fork.

A new bitcoin fork called United Bitcoin has been announced by a few prominent cryptocurrency luminaries that aims to improve the mechanics of the original bitcoin software. United Bitcoin was forked on December 12, 2017 at block height 498777 and the creators claim it will feature an 8MB block size, Lightning Network support, Segregated Witness, and the ability to process smart contracts.

https://news.bitcoin.com/after-segwit2x-failed-jeff-garzik-reveals-united-bitcoin/
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:14:44 AM

United Bitcoin? So this time around it is not a fork that is splitting from Legacy Bitcoin alone but one that is designed to steal bitcoins from inactive users' wallets. What do you call a fork that it's goal is to transfer unused balances to the United Bitcoin Foundation? A scam!
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 07:32:18 AM

This is a total scam.

A fork is fine, but give the people the fork.

What is easily passed in the roadmap is that they give out coins that are active after November 1st.

So, if you bought your bitcoins 2 months ago - You get nothing.

So, 16.75 Million coins distributed, but if you haven't used any in the last 1.5 months, you get nothing.  THEY get them.

So, one for you and xxx,xxx for them.
another one for you and xxx,xxx for them.

I still can't believe that they expect anyone that purchase their coins as an investment over 2 months ago get nothing.

This is basically a scam, a pre-mine, and de-anonymization of bitcoin owners whom try to get some if this free coin by moving coins around if they want to claim anything.  It's not a fork when they get 16.5 million out of the 16.75 in existence.

almighty_lama2

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:34:04 AM

This is a total scam.

A fork is fine, but give the people the fork.

What is easily passed in the roadmap is that they give out coins that are active after November 1st.

So, if you bought your bitcoins 2 months ago - You get nothing.

So, 16.75 Million coins distributed, but if you haven't used any in the last 1.5 months, you get nothing.  THEY get them.

So, one for you and xxx,xxx for them.
another one for you and xxx,xxx for them.

I still can't believe that they expect anyone that purchase their coins as an investment over 2 months ago get nothing.

This is basically a scam, a pre-mine, and de-anonymization of bitcoin owners whom try to get some if this free coin by moving coins around if they want to claim anything.  It's not a fork when they get 16.5 million out of the 16.75 in existence.

Thanks for the input, so it's likely there are only 3 existing fork Coins called : CALM : BITCOIN CASH : BITCOIN GOLD? correct me if I'm missing something.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:41:24 AM

I am also hearing this for the first time and hope we would get some free coin from them in days to come and also we would see them in the market soonest. We would need a lot of this splitting in other to reduce this network conjection.
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 07:51:03 AM

I am also hearing this for the first time and hope we would get some free coin from them in days to come and also we would see them in the market soonest. We would need a lot of this splitting in other to reduce this network conjection.

Splitting (Forking) coins does absolutely nothing regarding network congestion.  This is just a scam coin.  Worse than any other alt.

asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:18:43 AM

I am still confused by the existence of hard fork on bitcoin. I am still looking for information on this subject. maybe hardfork has a lot of impact on bitcoin.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:44:19 AM

I am still confused by the existence of hard fork on bitcoin. I am still looking for information on this subject. maybe hardfork has a lot of impact on bitcoin.

hard fork has a big impact on bitcoin but not these "forks". they are very different from traditional forks that bitcoin used to have. those forks (that have an actual impact) are performed to change something in bitcoin and they are done on bitcoin itself. like Segregated Witness fork, or the fork to enable P2SH feature (both soft forks).

these new "things" which they are calling forks are trash! they are creating an altcoin with sole purpose of getting rich. they either premine it or do something crazy like this one to steal people's tokens and make it their own!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████