Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:28:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitCentury] LittleFury USB Bitcoin Miner - Up to ~4GH/s! [CLOSED] *locked*  (Read 8934 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Jimmy2011

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:30:50 AM

Too expensive for such a pre-order. I think you can do it either with a relative high price in November when you have the miners in hand or pre sell it now with a lower price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lucko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:53:02 AM

I would think about it at 150 to 200$... And you can make it work at that price easy... If not you someone else will...
ujka

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:02:44 AM

No bank transfer payment option Sad  What should ppl with no BTC do ? It will take too long to buy them, even longer to mine on GPU.
Open an account on MtGox, use BWT to finance your account in USD, buy BTC for USD, withdraw BTC to your wallet.
brambi1 has the point. Just see how many steps there are if you want to buy BTC on MtGox. How many steps, and how much time all that takes.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:35:28 AM

Do Bitfury chips exist yet?
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:42:15 AM

Do Bitfury chips exist yet?

Yes, you can see them in action on our website at www.bitcentury.io

nexus99
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:43:53 AM

Let me clarify - Have any devices powered by these chips been sold and are currently in use by anyone that is a consumer? I'm not talking about sample chips used for development, etc.
senseless

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:48:55 AM

Let me clarify - Have any devices powered by these chips been sold and are currently in use by anyone that is a consumer? I'm not talking about sample chips used for development, etc.

The first devices are scheduled to be delivered in August 2012.

nexus99
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:54:13 AM

That will be cool. If these guys were priced out at parity with BFL stuff (I know I know... my Jally has mined out 6 BTC already though) I would jump on with a preorder or two. Anything more than the $50/ Gh/s that the BFL is approximately at is too rich for my blood. I'll just keep buying more BFL miners. I hope this product is a great success though. More success in the market will bring down prices across the board. And more TH/s will squeeze out the smaller players!
intron

Activity: 427
Merit: 251

- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:08:25 AM

Will this device be 'string powered'? It's a feature that is on the
bitfury ASIC and makes it possible to power them in series. Could
potentially cut the current requirements in half.

I myself have still no idea how this works however:)

intron
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:13:24 PM

It's a feature that is on the bitfury ASIC and makes it possible to power them in series. Could

intron

I'm very curious about that too. It's a big advantage. My guess is that inside is simple OPAMP. Connect output with some power transistor (outside chip) and you can have regulated high amp zener diode. This diode will hold voltage at settled point while delivering current to chips that will need more "juice". There will be some power loses but if chips will draw very same current then this losses should be minimal. But DC/DC converted will be simpler, smaller and more efficient. You can do this with every chip, mounting opamp and power transistor outside package.
But it's all guesses and I may be wrong Wink
Documentation from Bitfury is needed ASAP Wink

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
intron

Activity: 427
Merit: 251

- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:21:09 PM

It's a feature that is on the bitfury ASIC and makes it possible to power them in series. Could

intron

I'm very curious about that too. It's a big advantage. My guess is that inside is simple OPAMP. Connect output with some power transistor (outside chip) and you can have regulated high amp zener diode. This diode will hold voltage at settled point while delivering current to chips that will need more "juice". There will be some power loses but if chips will draw very same current then this losses should be minimal. But DC/DC converted will be simpler, smaller and more efficient. You can do this with every chip, mounting opamp and power transistor outside package.
But it's all guesses and I may be wrong Wink
Documentation from Bitfury is needed ASAP Wink

It has something to do with a current mirror, I only got
a sketchy schematic from bitfury that was used for doing
SPICE runs I guess. Not of much help though:)

intron
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:28:27 PM

No bank transfer payment option Sad  What should ppl with no BTC do ? It will take too long to buy them, even longer to mine on GPU.

Open an account on MtGox, use BWT to finance your account in USD, buy BTC for USD, withdraw BTC to your wallet.

Cheers,
kev

Or coinbase or localbitcoins.

hasher87

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 02:00:44 PM

got my eyes on this thread, hopefully the price can be a bit lowered
senseless

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 02:10:45 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2013, 02:29:24 PM by senseless

Due to lack of interest; we have decided to discontinue this offering. The handful of users who have placed orders will be happy to know that instead of refunding; we will be hand assembling and fulfilling your orders out of prototype chips. You can expect to receive your devices in August, a full 3 months ahead of schedule.

We are open to leasing our design if anyone is interested in printing usb3 miners from their own chips/reels. Please contact us via PM or E-mail ( info [at] bitcentury dot io ) to discuss arrangements.

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 02:25:17 PM

Due to lack of interest; we have decided to discontinue this offering. The handful of users who have placed orders will be happy to know that instead of refunding; we will be hand assembling and fulfilling your orders out of prototype chips. You can expect to receive your devices in August, a full 3 months ahead of schedule.

We are open to leasing our design if anyone is interested in printing their own usb3 miners from chips. Please contact us via PM or E-mail ( info [at] bitcentury dot io ) to discuss arrangements.

It should have been obvious there would be little interest in this product. Just compare it to a 5 Gh/s BFL. Your LittleFury has:

• a lower hash rate
  • a higher price
  • a longer delivery time
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 02:39:19 PM

We are open to leasing our design if anyone is interested in printing usb3 miners from their own chips/reels. Please contact us via PM or E-mail ( info [at] bitcentury dot io ) to discuss arrangements.

You might want to change the title of the thread to reflect the new status (or lock it ... or whatever).
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: