Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:25:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [HELP] Sent Bitcoin from Coinbase to Bitconnect, Not Received  (Read 157 times)
ezragreg (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:12:16 AM

Hi everyone,

I sent 0.66 BTC from Coinbase and 1.6 BTC from Abra to my Bitconnect login.  In Coinbase, it says the transaction is confirmed.  I can view both the transaction and the receiving BTC wallet in BlockCypher with the correct balance (2.2BTC).  I also checked the wallet balance in Blockchain.info, and it shows the 2.2 BTC. But, in my Bitconnect account, I only receive 1.6 BTC.

I made these deposits 5 minutes right before the website's maintenance.  But, after the website is back live for ~12 hours till now, I only get the 1.6 BTC.

Can anyone help me understand what might cause this issue?  And is it possible to find/retrieve the Bitcoin?

BlockCypher transaction: https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/f70d410bc38b4eb8e11988fcf57ece583e3b04014f3b59c05ba74515e4c8070e/
Wallet Balance in BlockCypher: https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/address/13Wu5huCEkRTeR7ni93zzRsSUK6MeMeJmL/
Wallet Balance in Blockchain.info: https://blockchain.info/address/13Wu5huCEkRTeR7ni93zzRsSUK6MeMeJmL

At this point, I think Bitconnect is the only one who can help out.  But, they haven't been responding to my email and tickets.
Appreciate any other ideas.   Cry

Thanks in advance for your insights! 
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3273

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:03:30 AM

From what I have heard, BitConnect is a scam. I hope you can get your money back.

https://steemit.com/scam/@thegrinder/the-bitconnect-scam-exposed

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 07:29:44 PM

As you said, only Bitconnect can help you. I don't have experiences with Bitconnect, so I can't say, is it possible to retrieve btc. Only thing that you can do now - wait for response from Bitconnect.
I only can't understand one thing - why the hell you invested 2.2 BTC ($39 000) to Bitconnect ponzi scheme? It can collapse at any moment and you are risking to loose very big amount of money.

PD1882

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:45:58 PM

Woah that's a hell of a lot of money to be putting in but good luck to you! If it's any consolation, if Bitconnect pays out like it says it will you'll soon recoup the lost BTC, and if it's a Ponzi you might well lose the BTC thats made it there and have a bigger loss to worry about! Brave move!

Now I'm not certain and no doubt a more learned person will see and confirm or otherwise, but I don't believe sending from the exchange to a service provider is the thing to do, you should send it to your personal BTC wallet first and then to the service provider, only keeping on the exchange wallet what you intend to trade or send to a wallet. I know this is the case with some ICOs that I have invested in so assume it's the same elsewhere.

Make sure you contact Coinbse too, they may have experience with this if it really is an issue sending from the exchange.
supctrong

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:18:17 PM

Woohoo cowboy as others have said that is A LOT of BTC you are sending to BitConnect. That is alright if it is just a fraction of your entire portfolio or you are okay with taking a chance with those funds. But BitConnect is really something you should be anxious of due to the nature of its business. It is the prototype of a ponzy scheme. As soon as no new users are signing up or people want to withdraw their funds things will start cooking up.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:16:08 PM

Where are all the Bitconnect fanboys out there that defends the shitty scam website? Cheesy

At this point in time, all we can tell you is that you expect your money to be lost in limbo right now. As I can tell based on the exchanges you've used, you are from the Philippines and probably are one of the few people who have been persuaded to join Bitconnect. There have been rounds of rumors circulating over twitter, reddit and this very forum about Bitconnect being a scam site and nothing but a ponzi scheme. No one listened and everyone is in denial of what bitconnect really is Grin If it's confirmed already as stated by numerous block explorers, it means that the money came in their way and they might have intentionally blocked your account or did something in the backend. Wait until their maintenance is completed and then ask questions after.

Hope you got your money back. But then again, expect it to be lost in limbo once this supposed 'maintenance' is cleared.
AMiRU

Activity: 89
Merit: 3

Meritocracy

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 03:35:01 PM

Ouch that's a big amount of money you're putting in to Bitconnect. I hope you'll get it sorted out and also hope that you'll get the return bitconnect promises.
As what the others have told you in previous post, only Bitconnect can help you with this issue.
Have they responded back to you?

Pure SSD Shared Hosting with Litespeed + LSCache, optimized for Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal 8, Xenforo & Prestashop (https://awangan.com)
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 04:32:19 PM

If it's any consolation, if Bitconnect pays out like it says it will you'll soon recoup the lost BTC, and if it's a Ponzi you might well lose the BTC thats made it there and have a bigger loss to worry about! Brave move!

Wow, you might be the perfect candidate to invest in a pyramid scheme like Bitconnect. They short the OP BTC0.66 and your response is, "at least you'll re-earn it in interest, maybe!" That's ridiculous! This OP is still going to be out the BTC0.66!

To the OP, I'd move your money out of Bitconnect ASAP. The fact that they lock in your investment is a big red flag that it might not be legit. No investment firm in the world, real investment firm, requires you keep your money with them and invested for some period of time.

There are better interest earning options for you, PM me.
PD1882

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:14:14 PM

If it's any consolation, if Bitconnect pays out like it says it will you'll soon recoup the lost BTC, and if it's a Ponzi you might well lose the BTC thats made it there and have a bigger loss to worry about! Brave move!
Wow, you might be the perfect candidate to invest in a pyramid scheme like Bitconnect. They short the OP BTC0.66 and your response is, "at least you'll re-earn it in interest, maybe!" That's ridiculous! This OP is still going to be out the BTC0.66!

Sarcasm bro - the rest of the sentence should've made that clear but no harm done! Seriously anything which guarantees a daily return like that AND not provide any proof of this trading bot must be taken with a serious amount of caution (and comedy). Add to that the volumous amounts of evidence staking up against them and big trusted names like David Hay on YouTube calling them out says it all.

Did you happen to see any of their anniversary shin dig in the East? I think BoxMining did a bit about it on their channel, now that was comedy gold!
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 3149

₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:19:55 PM

Hi everyone,

I sent 0.66 BTC from Coinbase and 1.6 BTC from Abra to my Bitconnect login.  In Coinbase, it says the transaction is confirmed.  I can view both the transaction and the receiving BTC wallet in BlockCypher with the correct balance (2.2BTC).  I also checked the wallet balance in Blockchain.info, and it shows the 2.2 BTC. But, in my Bitconnect account, I only receive 1.6 BTC.

I made these deposits 5 minutes right before the website's maintenance.  But, after the website is back live for ~12 hours till now, I only get the 1.6 BTC.

Can anyone help me understand what might cause this issue?  And is it possible to find/retrieve the Bitcoin?

BlockCypher transaction: https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/f70d410bc38b4eb8e11988fcf57ece583e3b04014f3b59c05ba74515e4c8070e/
Wallet Balance in BlockCypher: https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/address/13Wu5huCEkRTeR7ni93zzRsSUK6MeMeJmL/
Wallet Balance in Blockchain.info: https://blockchain.info/address/13Wu5huCEkRTeR7ni93zzRsSUK6MeMeJmL

At this point, I think Bitconnect is the only one who can help out.  But, they haven't been responding to my email and tickets.
Appreciate any other ideas.   Cry

Thanks in advance for your insights! 

Maybe it's too late to say it, but stay away from Bitconnect
Hope you get your coins back , but for your next investment try to search before you invest. There are so many scam and Ponzi schemes available online now so it is not easy to decide where to put your money. That's why you have to search and read and use credible sources like  this forum.
Good luck!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: