Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:52:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to send btc from a specific address?  (Read 100 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:15:06 AM

I recently requested btc to an address i never used.  I also have btc in other address in my electrum wallet. 

I know if i send btc to another site that amount of btc in my wallet would be deducted.  However, they seem to deduct a small portion from a few different addresses it seems if one address does not have enough btc or so.

How do i send btc to a site from a specific address?  I want to send it from that btc address that i just received.  For example say i received a total of 0.03 btc in an address.  But i have btc in my other addresses and i do not want any btc being withdrew from those addresses.  Thus i want the full amount of btc that i want to send to come from the wallet i just received btc.  So say i have 0.03 btc in that new address.  The sending fee is say 0.001 btc.  I would then send 0.03 - 0.001 = 0.029 btc from that address to another site as the fee would then add up to a total of 0.03 btc.  How do i do this so the btc balance in my other addresses are not affected?  Thus imagine i were to send 0.03 btc but actually put 0.03 btc sent and there is the 0.001 btc fee.  So where would the 0.03 btc leave from?  Would it be from the new address i just got the new btc or from the old one?  But even if it comes from the new one, then the 0.001 btc fee has to come out of another address since i don't have the full 0.031 btc in that one address right?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinblog

Activity: 496
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:39:41 AM

It is possible from QT wallet or a wallet which is not Mixing another Address while doing Transaction.

With web wallet like coinbase, cryptonator it is not easy as they are using Mixer to send BTC and reduce transaction fees.

If you see receiving , u will realize that u received some amount same time it will go dispatch to some other address which is actually self generated and get stored. Your amount remain same but Web wallet mixed it.

** FREE SPACE **
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:42:32 AM

So im using electrum wallet.  Can i send the total amount of btc i received in that one new address i used to receive btc from 2 different senders who sent me some btc?

Thus imagine 0.01 btc and 0.05 btc sent each.  I want to send 0.06 btc total to one site from that address so the entire 0.06 btc comes from it as oppose to any btc from my other addresses?

Thanks.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:44:54 AM

I'm not clear on what you are trying to do, but your wallet will decide on which addresses to send from and it can send from any addresses that it controls. You don't have to worry or even think about the addresses that it holds. The wallet manages all that for you.

If you want to separate addresses, then you would need separate wallets. Some wallets have a feature that will split your addresses into different "accounts" that don't interact with each other. I don't know if Electrum has that feature or not.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6120

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:30:58 AM

If you don't have the addresses tab shown, go to View => Show addresses and then Go to the new tab, choose the address that contains the funds and select "Send from".

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
maursader

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:51:07 PM

I recently requested btc to an address i never used.  I also have btc in other address in my electrum wallet. 

I know if i send btc to another site that amount of btc in my wallet would be deducted.  However, they seem to deduct a small portion from a few different addresses it seems if one address does not have enough btc or so.

How do i send btc to a site from a specific address?  I want to send it from that btc address that i just received.  For example say i received a total of 0.03 btc in an address.  But i have btc in my other addresses and i do not want any btc being withdrew from those addresses.  Thus i want the full amount of btc that i want to send to come from the wallet i just received btc.  So say i have 0.03 btc in that new address.  The sending fee is say 0.001 btc.  I would then send 0.03 - 0.001 = 0.029 btc from that address to another site as the fee would then add up to a total of 0.03 btc.  How do i do this so the btc balance in my other addresses are not affected?  Thus imagine i were to send 0.03 btc but actually put 0.03 btc sent and there is the 0.001 btc fee.  So where would the 0.03 btc leave from?  Would it be from the new address i just got the new btc or from the old one?  But even if it comes from the new one, then the 0.001 btc fee has to come out of another address since i don't have the full 0.031 btc in that one address right?
I use electrum and I can choose a specific source address from which the BTC will be sent for the transaction. Depends on the wallet. Some support it. And some don't.
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:16:03 PM

I'm confused that you guys are confused what im doing.

Say i have 1 btc in my electrum.  This 1 btc is in many different addresses in my wallet.  Say there is 0.25 in one address, 0.03 in another... and let say that total 1 btc is spread across 10 different addresses on electrum due to the change address etc.  This is the btc that i do not want to touch at all.

So any btc i receive from now on, that is the only btc that i would send.  For example when i request 0.01 btc from a site, i give them a complete different address in my wallet.  Then say i request another 0.05 btc but say i ask them to send to the same address that i used so i use it twice for example. 

So now i have a total of 0.06 in this address.  Thus my total btc in electrum is 1.06 btc.

I want to now send a total of the 0.06 btc i received recently.  Of course there are sending fees so let say sending fees are 0.001 btc.  So i want to send exactly 0.059 btc so the total btc that comes out of my wallet is
0.06 btc.  That way, there is exactly still the original 1 btc in those other addresses in my wallet that i do not want to touch.  Does that make sense?

So i would like to know how would i do this where if i just normally clicked send 0.059 btc... that 0.059 btc does not come from the old addresses?  Does that make sense?

I want to do this because if i just send 0.059 btc normally... then wouldn't it mix with my old btc addresses?  I want to use one single address no more than say a few times only.  I read that you should not use an address that much due to privacy reasons so if you are receiving btc with a new address only once or twice for example, shouldn't you be using that address to send the btc that you recently received?

So i want to know exactly how i would do this.  Or would doing this still link that new address to those old btc addresses that i used in my wallet?

Thus i read its right click on that address, click send from... then when i do this, it shows 2 different addresses.  Then do i just enter the 0.059 btc and the sending address like normally and this is what would work? 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: