Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:24:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best coin to mine currently.  (Read 302 times)
nkchokshi (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:22:39 AM

Hello guys i am new to the community and this mining. I am currently investing little bit in crypto currency and thought to start mining as well.
So with that thought, i started looking on forum and also on whattomine. But i am not able to make my mind, because since last week i am seeing. The currency which were showing profitable in Nvidia cards on 1st no. now they moved to 3rd-4th, and same happnes in amd cards.

I want to build 6 or 9 gpu rig, but i am confused, to wait for AMD cards to come in stock, as i have asked many retailers didnt find them in stock, or get NVIDIA. will they be the right choice, as NVIDIA are like 20-30% costlier. To get same level of earning of AMD i have to buy direct 1080 or 1080TI's.

I am asking is Whattomine correct on showing numbers, since its a big investment for me.

Looking forward to hear your views guys.

Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:22:39 AM

Hello guys i am new to the community and this mining. I am currently investing little bit in crypto currency and thought to start mining as well.
So with that thought, i started looking on forum and also on whattomine. But i am not able to make my mind, because since last week i am seeing. The currency which were showing profitable in Nvidia cards on 1st no. now they moved to 3rd-4th, and same happnes in amd cards.

I want to build 6 or 9 gpu rig, but i am confused, to wait for AMD cards to come in stock, as i have asked many retailers didnt find them in stock, or get NVIDIA. will they be the right choice, as NVIDIA are like 20-30% costlier. To get same level of earning of AMD i have to buy direct 1080 or 1080TI's.

I am asking is Whattomine correct on showing numbers, since its a big investment for me.

Thank you.

I think it's foolish to rely on the data of Whattomine, since it shows the result "here and now". And the real picture for a particular coin depends on the news on their development, on the stock exchange, the conclusion of agreements and the like. Do not forget about pumps and dumps on the stock exchange. Get the main coins and their forks - Ether and Monero.
I now started to run Monacoin.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:42:59 AM

Thank you.

I think it's foolish to rely on the data of Whattomine, since it shows the result "here and now". And the real picture for a particular coin depends on the news on their development, on the stock exchange, the conclusion of agreements and the like. Do not forget about pumps and dumps on the stock exchange. Get the main coins and their forks - Ether and Monero.

yeah I second that, at best it just gives you a general idea, that and most people miss the fact that in order to match what IT displays you have to set the gpu bios to the spec's they tested each algo at. its best to use a few sources for income comparison

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
fraggyb_

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:30:40 AM

What I personally do is pick a 'regular' coin, such as ETH/ZCash/XMR etc to mine when I'm not mining anything else, otherwise I'll check around the ANN threads here to see what's new/hot and mine something from there.

You could also filter out non-mineable coins on CMC and do some research from there.

https://coinmarketcap.com/coins/views/filter-non-mineable/
nkchokshi (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:23:09 PM

Thank you.

Okay so as per your experience what should i do? Should i wait to get amd back in stock, as i asked most of the destributors even in my region they dont have any cards with them in AMD.

Or start with NVIDIA. I am thinking of getting GTX 1080 8gb. I had actually asked Inno 3D guy, they has new card coming in P104-400 4GB http://www.inno3d.com/products_detail.php?refid=352

the dealer said its mixture of 1070 & 1080. But costs same as 1080.
INNO 3d 's 9GPU performance with their unit
http://www.inno3d.com/products_detail.php?refid=351

so should i take chance with new P104? or go with 1080. Also on what to mine chart, when i mix 6 x 1080, it shows daily profit of Monacoin = $29, Zencash = $27, ZCash = $25. and ETH is bottom $13-14.
can i minus 10-20% from the earning value and assume my profit will be? just to start?

which one you guys look more bang for the buck? or can say as more ideal to start with?
splat1

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:06:10 PM

1070ti is probably the best all around mining card.  The Vegas produce more but are not as stable for all coins.
Turk Ace

Activity: 360
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 06:25:49 PM

1070ti is probably the best all around mining card.  The Vegas produce more but are not as stable for all coins.

No it's not and that's bit even what he asked.

Just mine whatever coin you support it believe in.
Moondoggie

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:48:53 AM

Go the 1080ti and mine zcoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: