Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:27:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what it takes to mining  (Read 134 times)
Ihlan (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:36:09 AM

what it takes to mining Please help master I am newbie
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:54:49 AM

you only waste time for OP. you only need 5 sec for your answer. jump to google or 5 sec you read in this thread forum. Many same topics

jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:03:55 AM

Knowledge of Mining using Hardware (motherboard, GPU type, PSU). Knowledge of profitable coins. I suggest, If you OP in this forum better you OP specific problem.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:19:07 PM

what it takes to mining Please help master I am newbie

First of all if you want to mine gather all the information that you need like what coins will you mine. For example if you would mine Bitcoin you can use an ASIC miner. Mining Altcoins the use a GPU mining setup. There are also altcoins that are minable by CPU if you want. If you are set in what cypto you want to mine then go build your mining rig and if you are going to mine with either an ASIC miner or GPU just keep the other specs of you rig to the best back to you buck component and invest on a capable CPU. For GPU mining I recommend the RX 570 and the GTX 1060 to be the bare minimum. If you will be CPU mining the go for the Ryzen 5 1400 or the i5 8400 however of the later good luck on finding it right now since the stocks are scarce and it does not have a cheap motherboard to pair to right now.

Does anyone tried to use some old cards but still "powerful"
I mean like 3/4 HD7970 as an example. These cards are cheap. Is it possible to make some profits with these cards ? (could be a cheap way to start mining)
I'm not going into mining but I would like to know ...  Grin

You can you those cards however consider your electricity bill this cards are power hungry with the TDP of 300w. Also it is beaten by the RX 570 by 23% with a lower power consumption(just a TDP of 120w) so better go for the latter GPUs if your electricity is not free in your area.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: