Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:50:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese company will start paying salaries in Bitcoin  (Read 892 times)
Quonelet

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:48:44 AM

TOKYO: A Japanese company will start paying part of its employees’ salaries in Bitcoin, as it aims to get better understanding of the virtual currency, a spokeswoman said on Friday.

GMO Internet, which operates a range of web-related businesses including finance, online advertising and internet infrastructure, will start paying up to 100,000 yen ($890) monthly by Bitcoin to its employees in Japan from February next year.

“Employees can receive salaries by Bitcoin if they want to,” company spokeswoman Harumi Ishii told a French wire service.

“We hope to improve our own literacy of virtual currency by actually using it,” she said.

The offer will be open to around 4,000 employees of the GMO group in Japan, she said.

The company started a Bitcoin trading and exchange business in May.

And next month, it will join the so-called “Bitcoin mining” business — gaining the right to receive new Bitcoins as a reward for helping keep the network secure by approving transactions.

World Bitcoin prices have surged globally this year, soaring from less than $1,000 in January to $17,000 this week.

Copied from a news site.
This is good news for all of us. Bitcoin prices will come back in time. I think Bitcoin will increase rapidly shortly. But if there are so many companies out there, that would be a good sign for crypto and Bitcoin.
JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:48:49 AM

Japan is a state which strongly contributes to the development of innovative technologies. Major I. T. company offered its employees to pay part of their salaries in bitcoin. This part will be about $ 900. It is in the opinion of management, should improve the ability to dispose of cryptocurrency and how to use it.It is planned to introduce this in February of next year.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:03:58 AM

well, because the Japanese government officially endorsed bitcoin as a legal currency in digital transactions.
In Japan there are many retailers who accept payments with bitcoin. The number of stores that receive digital payments with bitcoin has more than 4,500 outlets. Like the Nikkei that experienced a transaction surge after working with bitcoin by the end of 2017. and in the end, a company paid its workers with bitcoin. truly extraordinary.
hydeevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:11:50 AM

The country of Japan has known for being great at innovating and contributing technologies to different countries of the world. If all of Japanese knows a lot about bitcoin's then they will be all glad to receive their salaries in bitcoin because if the value of it suddenly increased then it is a great opportunity to cash out it. Bitcoin is known in the crypto world as the best coin because of its highest value among the rest of crypto currencies.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:17:44 AM

I appreciate GMO's such step to spread bitcoin usage around Japan very much, it's a good step for Bitcoin.
sampoer23

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:44:21 AM

This plan aims to improve the literacy of virtual currency in Japan
In addition to the salary earned in the form of bitcoin, employees who choose paid with digital money also reserves the right to get the incentives of 10 percent of the total salary
If this works out I hope could be followed by all countries.
lnihjlbg

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:57:20 AM

I think Japan will slowly become the most developed place for cryptocurrency when it is launched because they first accepted bitcoin and the first attempt would always be in the best interest and where is the law appropriate , So I think next, the cryptocurrency market will receive the impact of various Japanese news.
ramgonzales

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:37:26 PM

That's a good news It only proves that Japan indeed believes on Bitcoin and what it can do for their people. I hope more naad more companies will follow the path that this Japanese company ti taking.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
jeluhtajem

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:39:49 PM

Good news
is it possible that my country will one day organize such a thing.
and I hope bitcoin is acceptable all over the world
cepedacharles29

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:40:28 PM

This may be good news because bitcoin will advance and become better known by everyone in the world, Japan introduced the first country to pay salaries using bitcoin, then other developed countries will follow the example of japan using bitcoin.
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:41:56 PM

I like how Japan, Korea and these Asian nations are going bolder and bolder into cryptocurrency adoption, they've trailblazing many aspects of it by applying practical use of the blockchain. We need to observe and perhaps learn from their trends.

glaciercapital

Activity: 145

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:43:26 PM

I like how Japan, Korea and these Asian nations are going bolder and bolder into cryptocurrency adoption, they've trailblazing many aspects of it by applying practical use of the blockchain. We need to observe and perhaps learn from their trends.

I believe company's like this are really leading the way for the western world. For a global organisation paying salaries in crypto in a lot of instances makes a lot of sense and reduces fees rather than managing multiple fiat currencies.

jayhal

Activity: 32
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:54:17 PM

Ladies and gents, Konnichiwa.  I live in Japan.  I thought you'd all love to know some stuff about the country and their love of crypto.  At this point in time, VERY few Japanese own BTC.   Most of those retailers that accept BTC don't even know that they accept BTC (because they accept it through a popular payment processor).   Things are changing with more and more people talking about it, but rarely do I meet someone that knows about it deeply.   Next to no one knows there are other crypto projects besides BTC.   AND yet Japan is still considered an innovator in the space.   This should tell us all something.   That once the majority of Japanese (and Korean / Chinese) know about this stuff deeply, that it will be integrated into daily life quite quickly.   Adoption of new things does certainly happen fast here.   I'll keep you all in tune with when I hear all the ol ladies on the train talkin bout it.   That'll be when cryptos truly go to zee moon.   That is all. 

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1194565)
Gregoryxl

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:20:12 PM

TOKYO: A Japanese company will start paying part of its employees’ salaries in Bitcoin, as it aims to get better understanding of the virtual currency, a spokeswoman said on Friday.

GMO Internet, which operates a range of web-related businesses including finance, online advertising and internet infrastructure, will start paying up to 100,000 yen ($890) monthly by Bitcoin to its employees in Japan from February next year.

“Employees can receive salaries by Bitcoin if they want to,” company spokeswoman Harumi Ishii told a French wire service.

“We hope to improve our own literacy of virtual currency by actually using it,” she said.

The offer will be open to around 4,000 employees of the GMO group in Japan, she said.

The company started a Bitcoin trading and exchange business in May.

And next month, it will join the so-called “Bitcoin mining” business — gaining the right to receive new Bitcoins as a reward for helping keep the network secure by approving transactions.

World Bitcoin prices have surged globally this year, soaring from less than $1,000 in January to $17,000 this week.

Copied from a news site.

Its an excellent proposal, especially because it gives employees the option of charging in bitcoin or doing it in their local currency, within the companies this could be a way to increase the worker's momentum, to benefit them and at the same time make the movement economic for themselves be prosperous. At least one of the companies in an Asian country adds to this good idea that promotes knowledge of the economy. Will they also take the initiative to offer a course on btc to their employees, for those who do not know the new technology at all?
Queen077

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:56:25 PM

Great news for all of us. Japan is very advanced country and many cryptocurrencies also experienced popularity in Japan. Its good idea company paying salary with Bitcoin. if it succeed, more companies will follow
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:08:43 PM

Japan's use of Bitcoin and the blockchain seems to be much ahead of other countries.
It is because Japan's view on cryptocurrencies is different from most of the countries. Well, to be precise, each country has a different viewpoint in cryptocurrencies that is why some don't accept the use of it or ban it in their country and some accept it as a great opportunity to further improve their economic status. Let's just see how paying salary in bitcoin would turn out for the employees.
doblok

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:09:10 PM

If in Japan there are companies that pay their employees salaries through bitcoin which I think in other countries may start looking at companies in Japan who pay salaries through bitcoin. If the salaries of employees through bitcoin work well most likely in other countries start applying payroll companies in Japan that pay their salaries through bitcoin. Wink
ranz_18

Activity: 112
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:10:52 PM

It sounds great that Japanese company will start paying salaries in bitcoin. Its a good news for bitcoiners like us. Japan initiating this activity and if this activity will success I'm sure many country will follow just like what Japan did.
doblok

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:32:14 PM

I think if there is one company in Japan that implements paying their salaries through bitcoin most likely in other countries will also start implementing their employees salary system through bitcoin. Wink
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:51:59 PM

I really like Japan when it comes to discipline and implementations. It says there that it is to prepare the country better for cryptocurrency which really i agree. Atleast their government is supporting/helping them to be better in this matter, and besides it says also there that only part of their salary will be in crypto and they still have a choice whether crypto or not to recieve.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: