Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:32:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese company will start paying salaries in Bitcoin  (Read 888 times)
spaceman87

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:50:04 AM

it's good that bitcoin becomes a means of payment. I think not far off, when it is recognized throughout the world.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aufar

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Japan's economy is one of the world's leading economies.
I think that in the future when Bitcoin will become more stable it will be easier for them to pay their salaries to Bitcoin.

I love the idea of this company even if they know the volatility of Bitcoin, it will even give positive to other developed countries about virtual currency.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:16:12 PM

I have no sure knowledge about that Japanese company have started paying salaries in bitcoin but yes the news about bitcoin in japan is strongly supporting bitcoin  and if such news that bitcoin is starting accepting bitcoin as a salaries then i think that is the best step for bitcoin. That step will make reputation of bitcoin in the world.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:33:56 PM

I think that this is not permanent and this is just sort of experimentation for their company if what will be the come up in the future if they will just pay salaries using bitcoin and i think that it is risky to pay salaries in bitcoin because the employees might complain because of the volatility of bitcoin might decrease or lessen their salary in terms of valuing in fiat.
Generalbablita

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:35:56 PM

I'm also curious at what type of jobs will pay using bitcoin. Are they all like Crypto related jobs? or are there also like manual labor jobs
appiivenkii

Activity: 270
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:44:53 PM

TOKYO: A Japanese company will start paying part of its employees’ salaries in Bitcoin, as it aims to get better understanding of the virtual currency, a spokeswoman said on Friday.

GMO Internet, which operates a range of web-related businesses including finance, online advertising and internet infrastructure, will start paying up to 100,000 yen ($890) monthly by Bitcoin to its employees in Japan from February next year.

“Employees can receive salaries by Bitcoin if they want to,” company spokeswoman Harumi Ishii told a French wire service.

“We hope to improve our own literacy of virtual currency by actually using it,” she said.

The offer will be open to around 4,000 employees of the GMO group in Japan, she said.

The company started a Bitcoin trading and exchange business in May.

And next month, it will join the so-called “Bitcoin mining” business — gaining the right to receive new Bitcoins as a reward for helping keep the network secure by approving transactions.

World Bitcoin prices have surged globally this year, soaring from less than $1,000 in January to $17,000 this week.

Copied from a news site.

Well thats a great news and a great move...

Wish all countries follow this...

Japan is the country who understand technology better and uses it to make ppl life better ...

They are not like most of the countries who fear of crypto .. .

millar1988

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:04:09 PM

very good prospect for the company's employees. They have the opportunity to regularly invest in cryptocurrency without commissions and earn. its good sign .
GardenChristian

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:10:22 PM

Yes, bitcoin is popular in Japan, and it's a great way for Japanese companies to pay their salaries in bitcoins. I think it's great that more Japanese companies will pay their salaries in bitcoins in the future.
muzica0519

Activity: 24
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:16:05 PM

TOKYO: A Japanese company will start paying part of its employees’ salaries in Bitcoin, as it aims to get better understanding of the virtual currency, a spokeswoman said on Friday.

GMO Internet, which operates a range of web-related businesses including finance, online advertising and internet infrastructure, will start paying up to 100,000 yen ($890) monthly by Bitcoin to its employees in Japan from February next year.

“Employees can receive salaries by Bitcoin if they want to,” company spokeswoman Harumi Ishii told a French wire service.

“We hope to improve our own literacy of virtual currency by actually using it,” she said.

The offer will be open to around 4,000 employees of the GMO group in Japan, she said.

And next month, it will join the so-called “Bitcoin mining” business — gaining the right to receive new Bitcoins as a reward for helping keep the network secure by approving transactions.

World Bitcoin prices have surged globally this year, soaring from less than $1,000 in January to $17,000 this week.

Copied from a news site.

This news is old yet it gives us a glimpse of what future brings when bitcoin is accepted in the community. Eventhough bitcoin is not that popular all over the globe but in Japan it is like next to their fiat money that is why some companies accept bitcoin as their way to give salary.
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:16:25 PM

Yes, bitcoin is popular in Japan, and it's a great way for Japanese companies to pay their salaries in bitcoins. I think it's great that more Japanese companies will pay their salaries in bitcoins in the future.

That’s a good news. Japanese are really more advanced in technology among all the other countries. This is a good start. Bitcoin will gain more popularity because of that since Japan has almost always been the leader of innovation. As a result, other countries will begin to think of considering of doing the same thing.
fredemar12

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:19:20 PM

I think not everyone will like it. And I think that this is not right. The person himself must decide whether he wants to invest his money in bitcoin and use it. I hate when someone imposes something on me
Davidbee

Activity: 98
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:27:10 PM

Copied from a news site.
When I heard the news, I was not surprised that Japan, as the most developed area of cryptocurrency in the world, was always at the forefront of the development of cryptocurrency. The Japanese government supports bitcoin's development, so it shouldn't be surprising that bitcoin is being welcomed in Japan.
ben-iyieke

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:23:15 AM

Japan is the leading country in term of crypto adoption so it's not rare to see them become the first one to implement this kind of move. They have a lot of merchants who accept bitcoin so it's not a problem receiving the salaries in bitcoin. 
japan is strongly supporting bitcoin  and if such news that bitcoin is starting accepting bitcoin as a salaries then i think that is the best step for bitcoin. That step will make reputation of bitcoin in the world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: