Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:04:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is The Problem You Experience When Analyzing Altcoins?  (Read 486 times)
modtakels

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:39:38 PM

Working with your personal friends in team is a good idea,my friends and i has specific jobs to do,normally i am scalping every coins which we are seeing will pump,the other one is searching for good ICOs,PND groups are indeed a scam,you just need to work with some of your prevents to be a successful trader.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btctuxedo (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:06:53 AM

Working with your personal friends in team is a good idea,my friends and i has specific jobs to do,normally i am scalping every coins which we are seeing will pump,the other one is searching for good ICOs,PND groups are indeed a scam,you just need to work with some of your prevents to be a successful trader.

I would stay away from P&D. They will get the coins earlier than everyone else and they'll ask you to buy when it's time for them to dump.

Problems comes when one is trying to get too greedy in the sense that you would want to remain in the market to make more profit when you are supposed to cash out.

If you decide to HODL then maybe it's best to research and know the team members behind the project closer. And hopefully they live up to their promise when they made one.

nata777

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:18:02 AM

One thing I have noticed is that when bitcoin is unstable, then no news and realities help, and in order for the altcoins market to grow, you need more or less stable bitcoin.
MGmahesh

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:19:17 AM

As a cryptocurrency traders, we are always on the lookout for which next altcoin will moon and grow 100-200% the fastest.

Doing your own fundamental analysis is easier said than done because every blockchain projects have their own way to update their progress. It could be from social media, press release or word of mouth from a friend and you may not be in the loop because you are not subscribe to their update channel.

There may be crypto trader community that share trading signals, but it could cost a bomb just to get in, and of course, not everyone can afford it.

These are just some of the issue that new & even experienced crypto traders are facing, I am hoping that you can share your experience on any issue that arise when you do your own analysis.
for me the promotional and marketing techniques of each project have different capacities and levels of suitability that are sometimes appropriate by utilizing various social media facilities to introduce a product in advancing crypto currency trading to be more of a concern to investors and other users deemed important for progress a particular company.
there is also enough to take advantage of some or one of the marketing facilities, in this case is needed to review the market to better know which priorities are needed in a timely manner. if not doing the analysis then it will only have a bad impact and reduce the existing trading productivity, because it is considered chaotic and waste of time and cost used.
bratbu

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:30:27 AM

As a cryptocurrency traders, we are always on the lookout for which next altcoin will moon and grow 100-200% the fastest.

Doing your own fundamental analysis is easier said than done because every blockchain projects have their own way to update their progress. It could be from social media, press release or word of mouth from a friend and you may not be in the loop because you are not subscribe to their update channel.

There may be crypto trader community that share trading signals, but it could cost a bomb just to get in, and of course, not everyone can afford it.

These are just some of the issue that new & even experienced crypto traders are facing, I am hoping that you can share your experience on any issue that arise when you do your own analysis.
Fundamentals are indeed more complex than technical analysis,because you will notice that a coin which has a good technical analysis wont pump but why?because of these manipulators in the market,whales and financial institutions doesnt care about technical analysis,a coin which has good technical and fundamental analysis can be manipulated by these big players,so your analysis would be taken for granted.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
lero34

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:57:16 PM

The problem is that when new coins appear, people abruptly switch to them and more stable coins begin to gain in price more slowly. Strongly it does not affect, but makes you nervous.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:59:31 PM

The problem is that when new coins appear, people abruptly switch to them and more stable coins begin to gain in price more slowly. Strongly it does not affect, but makes you nervous.

You have to deal with constantly checking up on people and projects, is person A lying is person B lying. Is this really going to happen , is that really going to happen etc.
rlclub

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:20:04 PM

Jumping on a coin because it is getting noticed in some circles is one strategy.  Another is to do proper due diligence on the team and business plan up front, looking for trustworthy players and medium to long term value.  I'd look for opportunities with strong existing businesses where tokens take the model to the next level. 

With this in mind, check out the ICO for RLCoin, an enterprise solution for loyalty: www.rlcoin.io.  The product has traction with 250 clients and partners in Europe and Asia.
Yusran

Activity: 78
Merit: 3

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:31:13 PM

Analyzing and understanding the potential price and value of a cryptocurrency can be both tricky and frustrating. There are no quick and dirty methods of analysis that can forecast an altcoin’s price, but there some parameters that can help you understand where it might go and how to gauge if the coin is (still) a good potential investment.

Something to remember is that a lower price will not always lead to a higher Market Demand.

DENARO.IO   》   CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRE-ICO STARTS JAN 30,2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DrewXland

Activity: 409

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:55:38 PM

Analysing a coin is difficult as there are so many factors. At the end of the day, buy coins/invest in ICOs who have a proven team who are commited to the cause. If they are good marketers and are in it for the long run, then you have a chance of making some good money.
katlogic

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:39:36 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 12:44:58 AM by katlogic

There are 2 categories, both are worth investing into, but for different reasons:

• Long term. Code talks, bullshit walks. If the coin is competent, they overwhelmingly deliver some sound code *before* they even start trading anything. Typically they run testnet first, too. This is the case for all long lived coins basically. Ethereum and such is a modern example of this - they got money from VCs first, and then used the crowdsale to pay off VCs.

• Short term pumps. They generally cover most of first 2 pages of altcoin ann, all day. Pumps are often an easy ride because are so easy to categorize. These coins typically have no implementation, aggresivelly solicit funds, and churn out PR (not code, copy pasting doesn't count) day after day. If they deliver anything at all, it's utter garbage, often they just exit scam.

In bullish market, "long term" generally isn't where the money is. This is the reason why as a speculator, you must pay close attention to the, shall we say, "marketing oriented" projects as well.

Which means tracking shilling and FUD, because that's just a way how category 2 coins duke it out, those virtually never compete on technical merit. It ultimately boils down to "fake news" propaganda wars.

Pro trader bots scrape altcoin section to track shill/fud ratio in real time - keep track of whos "winning" and act accordingly.

Under no circumstances one should pay attention to shills/fud content, lest one would suffer brain damage. What is important about these is *quantity*. If there is sign of massive shill campaign, might be worth looking into if a pump rally is about to happen, as the campaign might pay off. Conversely, if there's sign of a start of FUD campaign, might want to short accordingly.

As for long term investing, that's self-evident. Unfortunately just knowing the buzzwords ("DAG", "IOT", "CT", "zkSNARK") is not enough - buzzwords are tool to shill the technically illiterate, not to describe technology.
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:50:16 PM

Actually,  market trend today seems to be hardly to predict, we really don't know when it pump or dump as it changes all the time.  We really don't expect that today, tomorrow  or by next day it will goes up because I sense there is a manipulation inside. Though we are having a decentralized market but it looks like we are practicing in behaving just like a centralized market in our current situation.
yareklamator

Activity: 154

Magic is real

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:24:17 PM

For me, one of the problems is the technical part. I read how a project can be implemented and I do not understand whether is it possible at all in the near future?
 Does the team have this knowledge to do this? I'm googling and asking my friends if it is possible to implement this idea in general. After all, maybe in a couple of years the team will not move from the dead end in the development.
max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 11:23:14 PM

as might with better preparedness to work on displacement as referring limit with the varying level of affection the returns might shows as with the exchange to deliver returns as one with the difference on exchange to displace of numbers with beginning initiation as requesting progress with the scale of running examination with the empirical shifts of notion within the array of timelines as the focus of expends with the dedication.

SuperiorCoin

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:16:24 AM

Great tips yes this is pretty much how it works.
You need to stop having anything to with Superior Coin and Kryptonia they are stolen and illegal. You are mixing with very serious criminals and gangsters. Get out now
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:22:40 AM

Well my problem in analyzing altcoins even if there is a good advertisement in social media like facebook, twitter , telegram or discord most of the altcoin that i joined were useless due the roadmap was not able to meet on time, with that the price of those altcoin dropped rapidly until i lose my investment. I have lots of alt coins stored in different wallet for every of those altcoins that have a very low price due to those roadmap that doesn't met and lack of devs community contact.
idgaf007

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:42:37 AM

The main problem I encounter when analyzing a coin if finding people on the internet overhyping it and shilling the coin even if they know it is not really that good. they are doing it with vested interest even telegram and signal groups does this. I have learned it the hard way that's why I only read from trusted source and follow my own instinct. The more I have confidence in my research the more I can strategize my investments.

●  ▌█  Dbrain - AI happens  |  Sign up for Alpha  █▐  ●
A blockchain platform to collectively build AI apps
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:33:00 AM

Problems comes when one is trying to get too greedy in the sense that you would want to remain in the market to make more profit when you are supposed to cash out.

Therein lies the great dilemma without an easy solution. How does one predict and time the market before it crashes to cash-out? Do you set a specific rule such as "once this alt does a x5 I will cash out no matter what"?
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:49:04 AM

Therein lies the great dilemma without an easy solution. How does one predict and time the market before it crashes to cash-out? Do you set a specific rule such as "once this alt does a x5 I will cash out no matter what"?
Yes, exit strategy must be an inevitable one with respect to altcoin investments. Without that we cannot make good profit for a given time. A strategy may fail as no one can be sure about the success of one strategy all the times. Still, it may safeguard us from going too greedy when some coins sky rocketing and then missing booking profits due to sudden dumps.

The real problem I do face when deciding about to diversifying my capital along with bitcoin investments is, finding good potential coins like which one will fetch me good profits in next 2 to 5 years as I am ready to hold bitcoins for maximum times like 10 years also hence I will not be having any problem in holding altcoins for 5 years also.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:10:39 AM

I can't analyze altcoins and i don't buy new altcoins i only buy when the altcoins got stable. It is hard to analyze with the altcoins, all i have to do is to ride for a wave and control my emotions and keep the faith. There are many manipulators for altcoins so T.A. is not applicable and not so effective for cryptoanalysis.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: