Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:08:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would a BTC crash destroy alt coins?  (Read 526 times)
zchprm

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:43:17 AM

It is a good question but a tough one to answer. For me i think when btc crashes, every other coins will also be affected. BTC is the largest and the benchmark for all of these coins. It will create a depression like in economy.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dissgo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:07:20 AM

BTC is the first created in cryptocurrency or the king.
So, it will affect the trust of people who would want to invest or already invested into bitcoin. They will be getting into panic sell zone and continue dump which is not just bitcoin, altcoin will also get the effect.
but, usually if btc goes down, most of altcoins goes up or just stay.
btc goes up, altcoin goes down.
when btc stable, that's altcoin time to go up.
it depends on the trust. Probably, altcoin who can survive with better support or feature bypass the btc one day. I don't know. Just my 2 satoshi.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:10:32 AM

Bitcoin and altcoins were similar in features, but has got different platforms for functioning. In this regard, even if one fails the other won't get crashed. It'll continue to survive gaining good value and now it's time to think about growth rather than the crashes, because both were now growing in a mutual manner.
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:18:38 AM

Depends what cause the crash of bitcoin if its some kind of hack then no since btc use old technology and there are much better coins compared to it,but if its some kind of market crash(like tether shananigans)then atls would take a hit 2.Have in mind that more then 50% of total money in crypto is invested in bitcoin and that btc is pretty much only crypto currency that people heard of
Zistmine

Activity: 234
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:23:52 AM

BTC crash is not wanted by any community. It will not only harm the altcoins but also people will fear to invest in projects and ICOs as they will fear that the bigger crypt got crashed then anything can happen to any coin. That is why BTC crash is harmful for altcoins.
nikjain422

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:50:59 AM

See i know it will not crash but as you have ask this question according to me there are two possibilities 1) If bitcoin crashes that means large part of crypto crashes and that possibly take whole crypto system down and out which includes all new or old altcoin,ico's and everything.2) If it crashes and this crashing is no new for people as it happen in past too soo people will look for alternative to invest and they might turn to some other coin which indeed can acquire the position of bitcoin.This is the rule of nature if one gets down other rises and here is no new if bitcoin falls it gives its position to other alts.
flipperfin

Activity: 161

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:52:44 AM

If a bitcoin crash happened right now, the alt coins would go down with the mothership.. They're still tied together. BUT, i do think that many alts would start to make a recovery short after actually
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:57:57 AM

Hello everyone, I'm sorry if this sounds stupid. I am a learner in the crypto scene.  Embarrassed

I know BTC probably isn't going to crash anytime soon, and in this case, if a huge BTC crash happens, eventually most altcoins would suffer alot.

But, in this cenario of crash, would most of the alts be done? I mean, what are the odds of altcoins surviving this crash? Would they then get negotiated with fiat?

I was just wondering this and wanted to discuss this (distant?) possibility...
Huge btc crash? I doubt it will happen but okay let's stick with your IF. If bitcoin will be on a big crash then that's going to make altcoins into a great opportunity of having some time to pump. When bitcoin is crashing / correcting, altcoins are starting to pump, vice versa. You are starting to think a lot of things that will just make you think for inappropriate things. Crypto's can't negotiate with fiat, it's incompatible.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:01:36 AM

i personally think with the current price and according to the experts bitcoin price is far away from crashing at least in the near future which i mean buy the up coming ten years and if that happen i think it wont effect other altcoin
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:05:41 AM

Bitcoin is the core of all altcoins. If it crashes people will notice how risky and volatile investing in cryptocurrencies is ,It would be hard for anyone to trust another coin and most of the people will start panic selling their alts . You already saw how when ever bitcoin goes down most of the alts go up and the opposite. So yes if bitcoin crashes it would be a sad time for alts too.
This is a good brief description. Obviously, Bitcoin has also tried to adopt Ethereum smart contract technology, if it works then the rate of crypto currency (Bitcoin and Altcoin) will be soaring, but if it ends badly, at least it will have a much worse effect for other Altcoin. We can not predict what will happen in the future, but at least with the results of consensus fork and its implementation, hopefully crypto technology continues to grow for the better.
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:14:22 AM

Hello everyone, I'm sorry if this sounds stupid. I am a learner in the crypto scene.  Embarrassed

I know BTC probably isn't going to crash anytime soon, and in this case, if a huge BTC crash happens, eventually most altcoins would suffer alot.

But, in this cenario of crash, would most of the alts be done? I mean, what are the odds of altcoins surviving this crash? Would they then get negotiated with fiat?

I was just wondering this and wanted to discuss this (distant?) possibility...
I believe, as long as there is demand for bitcoin and other crypto-currencies, nothing will "collapse" and there will be no breakdown. And the demand and popularity only grows, so while you do not need to worry. My opinion.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 10:20:32 PM by jaocoincrypto18

If bitcoin collapses, people will lose faith in all crypto-currencies. I think that this will not happen. Manipulation will be, but the collapse of bitcoin is gone. Especially altoquin is now very dependent on bitcoin.

If bitcoin collapse it will be an opportunity for altcoins to surge because they will selling BTC to buy altcoins in which the trading must go on, that we need our passion of trading to continue but this is a most likely the opposite for now because bitcoin continue to surge in which altcoin holders are selling their coins to ride on BTC stability.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:46:08 AM

I believe so because the altcoin market is highly correlated to Bitcoin market as an example when bitcoin neither up or down the altcoins market get a dump. If that happens, i'm sure only the altcoins that really had a real-life use will survive and the others pump and dump coins will be dead.
But personally, i doubt Bitcoin will crash that an indeed little percentage that would happen.
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:01:29 PM

Bitcoin's fall will not lead to total crash of all altcoins. There are altcoins which have proven their strength and have flourished in the cryptoworld and i think those altcoins will be there when bitcoin crashes which is unlikely to happen today and years to come.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:18:59 PM

Many altcoin is already showing there independence from bitcoin. With raging bitcoin price increase and very difficult transaction speed and fee, Altcoin will start gaining prominence and become prefer choice of use for large percentage of users!
Petfrk

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:22:49 PM

As already mentioned, bitcoin and altoins (normally) will go in different directions - if BTC rises, Alts will remain low, and the opposite; if BTC would crash, Alts will go up again
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 12:23:31 PM

Here again it really depends on each individual ALT coin you are talking about. If anything it may increase the value of the ALT coins. This appears to be the trend when Bitcoin crashes.

panduryk

Activity: 516
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:34:33 PM

I think that this will not affect the altcoin.
Each altcoin is a completely different concept and idea.
It all depends directly on the technology Cool
Adil Amim

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:29:41 PM

First of all Bitcoin is not going to crash because there is largest population of the world yet to get in BTC, still a great number of people worldwide are not very well aware about Bitcoin, BTC market is Young and the increasing price of BTC is unstoppable.
But IF Bitcoin crash then the era of cryptocurrency revolution will meet its end.
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:48:51 PM

We have seen this happen loads of times already, when BTC dips, so do alts but they dip even more. Even the top 2-10 coins all dip in value when BTC does.

BTC is king at the moment till something else dethrones it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: