Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:01:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This Address is about to donate 5,057 BTC ( $86 million) to Charity.  (Read 167 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:24:53 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 12:38:59 PM by Ucy

Found this interesting article on Twitter.
Should donate some to promising Crypto projects.

This week an early bitcoin adopter announced on the forum Reddit that he had so much bitcoin he plans to donate 5,057 BTC (US$86Mn) to charitable causes. So far the anonymous donor created a website called the ‘Pineapple Fund,’ and has already donated $5M in bitcoins to some well known nonprofit organizations.

Cryptocurrencies are worth a lot of money these days, and this holiday season one bitcoin whale is donating quite a bit of BTC to charitable organizations. The anonymous donor says he saw the promise of bitcoin long before it broke the single-digit price range. The donor explains the “shattering returns” of bitcoin over the years has given him more money than he can spend. The early adopter has now started a website for the funds he is giving away called the Pineapple Fund , where registered nonprofit organizations can apply for donations. The owner of the website states;

His/her quote:   "The [Pineapple Fund] is Donating $86 million of bitcoins to charity — Because once you have enough money — Money doesn’t matter." https://news.bitcoin.com/an-anonymous-early-adopter-is-donating-5057-btc-85m-to-charity/

Here is the address: 3P3QsMVK89JBNqZQv5zMAKG8FK3kJM4rjt

Wonder what the Charity does.

Could be Satoshi ?

petrov trevor

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:27:37 PM

I am not for the "calls for donations" you never know where the money really goes and who manages it behind
Vimdesk

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:33:22 PM

I am not for the "calls for donations" you never know where the money really goes and who manages it behind
I agree with you, not clear information

Just Bitcoin Not other
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:37:35 PM

Good point! Could even be donating to himself.  Smiley
fireblond

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

Thrive

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:22:29 PM

Good point! Could even be donating to himself.  Smiley
Possible, but they signed it proving ownership of the address https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/c44ad5f83ddc84d08967c7652311f0a23aafa8e54d7db0911a2c7b5bc20ff988/
Also according to the article in op they have already donated to the past on multiple occasions so I don't see why they would fake it now. Last point I don't think It's a "whale" could be a group of multiple people.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:47:37 PM

Found this interesting article on Twitter.
Should donate some to promising Crypto projects.

This week an early bitcoin adopter announced on the forum Reddit that he had so much bitcoin he plans to donate 5,057 BTC (US$86Mn) to charitable causes. So far the anonymous donor created a website called the ‘Pineapple Fund,’ and has already donated $5M in bitcoins to some well known nonprofit organizations.

Cryptocurrencies are worth a lot of money these days, and this holiday season one bitcoin whale is donating quite a bit of BTC to charitable organizations. The anonymous donor says he saw the promise of bitcoin long before it broke the single-digit price range. The donor explains the “shattering returns” of bitcoin over the years has given him more money than he can spend. The early adopter has now started a website for the funds he is giving away called the Pineapple Fund , where registered nonprofit organizations can apply for donations. The owner of the website states;

His/her quote:   "The [Pineapple Fund] is Donating $86 million of bitcoins to charity — Because once you have enough money — Money doesn’t matter." https://news.bitcoin.com/an-anonymous-early-adopter-is-donating-5057-btc-85m-to-charity/

Here is the address: 3P3QsMVK89JBNqZQv5zMAKG8FK3kJM4rjt

Wonder what the Charity does.

Could be Satoshi ?

I really doubt it could be Satoshi because the address must have been recently created because the first time it was used was about five years and damn i wish i was the owner of the address and maybe it could be him who knows multiple addresses are created at a whim these days.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: