Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:57:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advice....  (Read 90 times)
IwantaS8 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:05:45 PM

Hi, I used to do a bit of alt coin mining a few years back and exchanged a small amount for bitcoin and forgot about them (4 years). As the price has shot up I went to check the value of my bitcoin was worth and was pleasantly surprised to see it would cover the cost of a ryzen build i am looking to do.
I thought i would use purse.io to take advantage of there select your discount function (try and offset some of the high graphics card prices) and proceeded to transfer some bitcoin to them to test the water. However, the amount i sent did not cover the cost of the item so I proceeded to make 2 very small transaction to cover the fluctuation. As I have been away from the crypto scene for a while I did not realise you can no longer add a small fee and it becomes confirmed within a few hours (only found out after a few read ups on forums - i know i should have done it before sending bitcoin), As a result my transactions are unconfirmed after 3 days and is it just a case of waiting a few more days to become confirmed or sooner or later they will be rejected and return to my wallet?

In the meantime I am looking to send another amount of bitcoin to cover the cost of the item on purse (with a higher fee 4 hours - 48 blocks), however, before i did that I was seekign your advice whether i should as it is becoming apparent to me you need to be careful in what you do if the original tx gets confirmed I would have additionl bitcoin sitting in purse wallet rather than in my QT wallet 

So what are your recommendations. Do i wait until my original tx's get confirmed or rejected, and will these automatically go back to my QT wallet or do I need to do something for this to happen?, and do I send an additional bitcoin payment to purse to purchase the item or just sit and wait and see what happens with the first lot?

I will appreciate your responses

Cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: