Bitcoin Forum
August 28, 2024, 04:27:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What cryptocurrency i can mine with asic antminer s9?  (Read 1041 times)
youli95 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:41:12 PM

Hi, i m new of world of mining and i have need of support for mining altcoin with my asic antminer s9: what cryptocurrency i can mine with this asic other the bitcoin?
Thank in advance!
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:56:41 PM

You can mine any other SHA-256 coins.
This is a list of 'popular' SHA-256 coins, sorted by profitability: https://www.coinwarz.com/miningprofitability/sha-256
I'd recommend that you stick to Bitcoin though. Profitability varies wildly and it's usually Bitcoin on top.
You can also mine any other coin that you know of that uses the SHA-256 PoW algorithm that isn't in that list.
sunnygrt

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:00:35 PM

you can mine any with SHA-256 algorithm with your AntMiner S9
probably most profitable are Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash with S9
kamarchek

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:23:53 AM

The most interesting would be Bitcoin anyway. I think there is no reason to mine other crypto, this has no sense since others follow BTC in their trends
[YAZ]

Activity: 208
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:57:21 AM

The most interesting would be Bitcoin anyway. I think there is no reason to mine other crypto, this has no sense since others follow BTC in their trends

Also, you can solo mining with other SHA256 based coin (since S9 has a good Hashrate). With some conditions to be considered, such as Net-Hashrate, coin price, Block Reward, etc.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 08:59:54 PM

where can i safelly buy an antminer s9? so many offers, so many prices, i'm afraid of scam. what to do?

Please stop hijacking threads ... Your comments have nothing to do with the op question !
... i can give you the right direction where you can buy Antminer S9 ...
From the official Bitmain Website
or
You can use ebay with a hefty price Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:26:20 PM

Personally, I wouldn't buy from anyone other than Bitmain, unless I knew the person I was buying it from.  You'll probably be waiting for 6-8 weeks on anything from Bitmain, but if you try and go buy one off eBay or Amazon, you're going to pay A LOT more to get it faster ... And possibly run the risk of being scammed.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
ica7000

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:36:33 PM

Back to the OP:

Pick a good site like multipool  (https://www.multipool.us/) and just pick a coin.  I recommend BTC because the others will peak at the top of profitability then some other coin will take it's place. Often this happens every few hours. If you find a coin that is averaging more over a few days the problem solved!

Most of the pools will show profit per hash per day per coin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: