Print  
Author Topic: g  (Read 78 times)
mc162BCT (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
g
December 15, 2017, 02:56:10 PM

As long time lurker in these threads I have to admit Phil has and continues to do a massive public service with the stuardship here thanks again to everybody else too (too many to name) the contribution and wealth of knowledge in these threads are whole weekend worthy rabbithole inducing

Even for lazy old STRICLTY ASIC set up guys like myself.

Every time I watch the latest BBT or lately even whatever VOSK is thrown up (SHOUTOUT TO VOSK i was like your 112th sub)

Anyway my eyes glaze over and envision the seemingly endless morays of whatever misfortune my lie ahead for me being mac OS only setup even down to the routers cause I can barely tolerate android phones or Windows Machines "OS" drivers upon fucking drivers drivers for hours then more updates and drive hrs whatever..

And please...LINUX?

GTFOH

Honestly not once but multiple failures later it's borderline PTSD for should I dare venture into the altcoin/mlutiple pints of failure GPU scenes even thegpushackdude who sends you the idiot proof linux build "turnkey" shit got so sick of me that he literally refunded me just I would go away!

Without that embarrassing backstory now out of the way I was hoping for some opinions on the following package of "openbox" 1080ti hybrids (5 Total) in the particular offer I'm kicking around in my mind and if there's any hidden issues you anyone might be able to steer clear from before I go fail miserably again trying to conquer my altcoinphobia et al..

www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-HYBRID-GAMING-Technology/dp/B0713XX64Y?p
sc=1
&SubscriptionId=AKIAJM5QXLFGO5WBB4VQ&tag=yroo0d9-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0713XX64Y

So there's 5 Ti's all with the massive hybrid water cooler things are they going to be able to work in a "straight to the motherboard" riserless design? Or am I way off on that?

If risers are are gonna be a thing I'd rather stay away I really dig Phil's straight to the board approach eliminating as many points of poytential failure as possible.

Anyway thanks again guys for this thread especially Phil ;-)

Cheers

MichaelC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: