Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:47:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ODEM.io, On Demand Education: Featured Forbes, INC.  (Read 2129 times)
CryptoProcent

Activity: 291
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:10:22 AM

Udemy's success is so well known that for any new education blockchain project should be an example, something to be desired. It is possible that this technology will give us something more in any field, something we can not even imagine. Let's see how things evolve, watch!
Andreea B O

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:16:23 PM
Merited by CryptoProcent (2)

As far as I read from the initiators of this project, it seems to be a major project of scale. Their intentions are very good and I think they can do what they have done and with the help of bigger publicity. I wonder why so few people here on this tread? Is the community not important? Good luck

| DO YOU WANT TO HAVE MORE REFERRALS IN AIRDRPOS CAMPAIGNS? I RECOMMEND LATIUM A COMMUNITY THAT IS THE NEW FIVVER OF CRYPTO SPACE. HURRY TO BE AMONG THE FIRST TO GET REFERRALS:  CLICK HERE TO  RECEIVE A $2 WELCOME BONUS |
albermaze

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 01:18:48 PM

I would like to ask about certificates of completion on courses. How it will work? For instance, student has completed the course of some proffesor. Will he get any documents confirming that (and what is the legal status of such document)
gogok

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:17:19 PM

I would like to ask about certificates of completion on courses. How it will work? For instance, student has completed the course of some proffesor. Will he get any documents confirming that (and what is the legal status of such document)
I also asked myself questions. As the examinator will be confident in the trust of the unit, etc. Or, such questions already have technical permission.
Andreea B O

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:30:16 PM

I also asked myself questions. As the examinator will be confident in the trust of the unit, etc. Or, such questions already have technical permission.
Good questions! And I wonder how teachers' assessment system works? If a student's rating is being considered, are some criteria considered, or do they appreciate each of them as useful as possible?

| DO YOU WANT TO HAVE MORE REFERRALS IN AIRDRPOS CAMPAIGNS? I RECOMMEND LATIUM A COMMUNITY THAT IS THE NEW FIVVER OF CRYPTO SPACE. HURRY TO BE AMONG THE FIRST TO GET REFERRALS:  CLICK HERE TO  RECEIVE A $2 WELCOME BONUS |
ODEMtoken (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:36:57 PM

This sounds like a great project, so does Odem have the ability to build smart contracts on as well?

ODEM will be leveraging smart contracts to ensure timely confirmation and payment among the complex multipayer-multipayee structure that exists between educators, students, and service providers.
DassKass

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:52:43 PM

Great! I will read more about your Bounty after that I participated
ODEMtoken (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:45:23 AM

Educational project on the Blockchain - really cool idea! So, if anybody needs got some educational program in special degree he must use your platform. And what after this, which steps person must to make for reaching desired education program?

Awesome question! ODEM.io is creating a decentralized education marketplace for educators to list classes and students to connect directly with services. Our platform removes costly intermediaries and makes educational programs more affordable and accessible. Students may search the platform for existing educational programs or request their own. Utilizing smart contracts, each party may leverage a series of precommitments that ensure payment is sent/received only after all terms are met. When the criteria is met for educator and student, the educational program is then created, payment released, and additional students may join. The ODEM [On Demand Education Marketplace] makes it possible for students to find and confirm a class within our portal and then engage in-person with the educator. We strongly believe in the power of classroom experiences  to drive education forward.
ODEMtoken (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:15:27 AM

This project has a great potential for the future. It seems to me that this will be in demand among those who want to get a quality education. Quality education is very important, in my opinion. Cooperation with experienced teachers, regardless of my location.
It is very interesting to see how this will work in practice.
Quality education is a necessity today. As described by the team, the project is interesting, useful and of scale. I think it's good for developers to offer a demo version of the project so investors can see how it works in practice. Good luck Odem Team's!

I agree that taking into account current digitalization the modification of education system is very important think. And this process have already been started by such great projects as coursera, lynda, udemy etc. Will see if blockchain projects can offer more...

Thanks for your feedback. ODEM is not utilizing blockchain simply for blockchain's sake. There are certainly great projects that offer online education, however, the key takeaway is that ODEM is a platform for real, in-person education. While online education is excellent for reach, the completion rate tends to hover around 5-15%. We're empowering students with education in the real world for the the real world.
ODEMtoken (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:20:00 AM

Good questions! And I wonder how teachers' assessment system works? If a student's rating is being considered, are some criteria considered, or do they appreciate each of them as useful as possible?

ODEM is launching with a core base of 200 professors from elite institutions. We are fortunate to be using a current, profitable company - our sister, Excelorators as a launchpad for our ICO's success.  As noted, ODEM'a BETA process will include 200 of Excelorator's best providers and will tap into a network of 600 educators to launch our initial programs. The educator will be reviewed based on their experience, credentials, and will also be rated based on the success of their courses by students within the ODEM platform. Trust and transparency are incredibly important at ODEM, so we will be reviewing reputation very carefully in selecting and growing our base of providers.
CryptoProcent

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:05:48 PM

ODEM is launching with a core base of 200 professors from elite institutions. We are fortunate to be using a current, profitable company - our sister, Excelorators as a launchpad for our ICO's success.  As noted, ODEM'a BETA process will include 200 of Excelorator's best providers and will tap into a network of 600 educators to launch our initial programs. The educator will be reviewed based on their experience, credentials, and will also be rated based on the success of their courses by students within the ODEM platform. Trust and transparency are incredibly important at ODEM, so we will be reviewing reputation very carefully in selecting and growing our base of providers.
It's a question that I've put it on and I'm glad I found a complete and satisfying answer here. This project is truly serious and of great scope. I wish you the success you expect and much more!q
Andreea B O

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:53:46 AM

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the way each question gets answered, it is a proof of respect for all those interested in the project. Before getting involved, people want to understand the project. A proof of professionalism!

ODEMtoken (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:08:00 PM

Udemy's success is so well known that for any new education blockchain project should be an example, something to be desired. It is possible that this technology will give us something more in any field, something we can not even imagine. Let's see how things evolve, watch!

Thanks for your support, CryptoProcent! ODEM is passionate about going beyond online education and utilizing our blockchain powered platform to coordinate classes on an international level. Our use of smart contracts and existing contacts in education give us excellent footing to help revolutionize educational access. Our hope is to make real, in-person education more affordable and accessible globally.
saerdnaa

Activity: 88
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 03:22:44 PM

Yesterday, in Milan, you were asked to explain your token flow, but I didn't hear any good answer at all.

Your token is intended as a means of payment? Or it has also a different "utility"?
Thanks
arwanabounty

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:34:03 AM

it is a pleasure to see this Odem project focusing on empowering people who do not find their compatibility in the structure of existing educational institutions. This makes it easier for learners to channel their abilities without having to get stuck in educational institutions.
CryptoProcent

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:42:21 PM

I wonder if Odem can be a solution for children who do not accommodate in existing educational institutions that have a lot of demands from a child and kidnap their childhood. In my country, this is happening, they are tired of themes and they hate school. Can Odem be a variant of homeschooling?
ODEMtoken (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:48:43 PM

Yesterday, in Milan, you were asked to explain your token flow, but I didn't hear any good answer at all.

Your token is intended as a means of payment? Or it has also a different "utility"?
Thanks

Thanks for your feedback, saerdnaa. The ODEM team is always happy to answer any questions. Glad that you reached out on bitcointalk.

The ODEM Token is not a means of payment. We are utilizing the Discount Token Model, described further herehttps://youtu.be/q3J0moylTA8. The ODEM Token is used as platform license within the ODEM platform. ODEM Tokens may be escrowed to defray fees for using the platform to book educational experiences. The ODEM Token effectively lowers the cost of education for holders. Tokens may also used by companies and individuals to sponsor students within the platform.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions about ODEM!
ODEMtoken (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:29:13 PM

I wonder if Odem can be a solution for children who do not accommodate in existing educational institutions that have a lot of demands from a child and kidnap their childhood. In my country, this is happening, they are tired of themes and they hate school. Can Odem be a variant of homeschooling?

Thanks for sharing your experience, CryptoProcent. Our team has similarly found that existing institutions have a one-size-fits-all approach. While ODEM as a platform is not geared to replace elementary schooling, we will be including offerings to expand exposure to new subjects like AI and entrepreneurship earlier in life.
ODEMtoken (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:36:49 AM

it is a pleasure to see this Odem project focusing on empowering people who do not find their compatibility in the structure of existing educational institutions. This makes it easier for learners to channel their abilities without having to get stuck in educational institutions.

At ODEM, we are huge believers that learning is a lifelong journey and that front-loading education does not always best serve students. The ODEM platform will help students of all ages to engage in in-person learning with world class instructors. The opportunity to partake in short-to-medium term classes gives students the opportunity to immerse themselves in subjects and certifications without the burdening cost of a traditional institutions.
CryptoProcent

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:13:59 AM

I'm glad I made the decision to promote this project. I'm following several projects and admiringly I can say that the Odem team treats with great respect everyone who wants to understand this project. Responding to everyone shows seriousness and respect.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: