Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:40:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What exchange to use  (Read 164 times)
Arsenius (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:06:02 PM

Hello,
Basically I am wondering what exchange to use to sell bitcoins I live In Qatar I would like to have the money sent via IBAN I have the SWIFT code for my BANK.

Sorry for this question I am new I will be withdrawing every month so I don’t want to be scammed!
Thank you guys for your help  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:10:32 PM

Hello,
Basically I am wondering what exchange to use to sell bitcoins I live In Qatar I would like to have the money sent via IBAN I have the SWIFT code for my BANK.

Sorry for this question I am new I will be withdrawing every month so I don’t want to be scammed!

Gemini is a US based banked regulated by the US government. It's about as scam free as a government regulated exchange can be.

Coinbase / GDAX is another US based and trusted entity.

Either one of those two you can absolutely buy and sell without much concern of it being a "Scam".

Nonetheless I would recommend that you quickly get up to speed with running your own wallets and then move any long-term holdings out of the exchange.

It's not that I don't trust them but it's a matter of principle. You ought to control your funds,

tylerik1

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:33:24 PM

Hello,

I always traded on kraken because I trust them the most. But kraken has a lot of problems in the last time, they are offline for hours / withdrawals and deposits disabled so I try to trade on Bitfinex now and its working fine Smiley

the_observer

Activity: 393
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 08:57:04 PM

I would recommend Revolut.

It is a virtual mastercard which can be used worldwide without fees in exchanges of fiat (real money).
They are A company of Barckley's Bank with offices in UK.

This week they added Crypto's for premium members and next days they add them for all.
With a fixed exchange fee of 1.5 % for crypto's and no hidden fees  is really decent i believe (depending the amount of transactions you will be executing).

Google about revolut and you will see how great it is.I am not somehow payed by them or advertising them. I just have found it very handy specially now which  they add crypto exchange.

If you intent to be a day trader then i would suggest Gdax.

Just my 2 cents opinion.

Regards.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:53:31 PM

I use Coinbase/GDAX for the big three and I use Hitbtc for altcoins.  One of my co-workers is using Cryptopia, because he's mining ETN at the moment.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
7BEN7

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:42:09 AM

Hello,

I personally would recommend Bitfinex. You can also try Bittrex, Poloniex, Binance, WEX, e.t.c.
Arsenius (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:37:54 AM

Hello,

Thank you guys for your help  Smiley

Gemini is a US based banked regulated by the US government. It's about as scam free as a government regulated exchange can be.

Coinbase / GDAX is another US based and trusted entity.

Either one of those two you can absolutely buy and sell without much concern of it being a "Scam".

Nonetheless I would recommend that you quickly get up to speed with running your own wallets and then move any long-term holdings out of the exchange.

It's not that I don't trust them but it's a matter of principle. You ought to control your funds,

Checking Coinbase / GDAX unfortunately i can't use them since i live in Qatar,
Gemini there under maintenance so i'll be checking them soon.
But for the wallet what do you recommend what personal wallet should i buy it makes sense to use my own indeed   Cool

Hello,

I always traded on kraken because I trust them the most. But kraken has a lot of problems in the last time, they are offline for hours / withdrawals and deposits disabled so I try to trade on Bitfinex now and its working fine Smiley

Just checked Bitfinex account registrations are currently suspended due to DDOS attacks :p, will check them out later i guess  Tongue

I would recommend Revolut.

It is a virtual mastercard which can be used worldwide without fees in exchanges of fiat (real money).
They are A company of Barckley's Bank with offices in UK.

This week they added Crypto's for premium members and next days they add them for all.
With a fixed exchange fee of 1.5 % for crypto's and no hidden fees  is really decent i believe (depending the amount of transactions you will be executing).

Google about revolut and you will see how great it is.I am not somehow payed by them or advertising them. I just have found it very handy specially now which  they add crypto exchange.

If you intent to be a day trader then i would suggest Gdax.

Just my 2 cents opinion.

Regards.

Attempted to register on Revolut can't receive the SMS or Call to verify my account will contact support when there open,
Definitely checking this out this is a good second option to withdraw Cash from the ATM when am out  Grin
I can't use GDAX since i live in Qatar!

Hello,

I personally would recommend Bitfinex. You can also try Bittrex, Poloniex, Binance, WEX, e.t.c.
Checking out the other 4 options since Bitfinex has suspended registrations for now.
Thank you  Smiley

I use Coinbase/GDAX for the big three and I use Hitbtc for altcoins.  One of my co-workers is using Cryptopia, because he's mining ETN at the moment.

I can't use Coinbase/GDAX since i live in Qatar going to check out Hitbtc/Cryptopia since i am going to check out Alt coins soon Smiley
mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:06:24 AM

Checking Coinbase / GDAX unfortunately i can't use them since i live in Qatar,
Gemini there under maintenance so i'll be checking them soon.
But for the wallet what do you recommend what personal wallet should i buy it makes sense to use my own indeed   Cool

I use Armory and Electrum and have been relatively happy with both.

Discussions about wallets can get very in depth. Armory is not a good wallet for a beginner and for that reason, of the two, I would recommend Electrum.

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
promoza

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:49:52 AM

Isu coinbase.com, but now there is 13 euro fee on sending for BTC
MachineElf

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:22:35 AM

Create an account with GDAX for best fees. This will also give you access to coinbase if you want to use a card later.
xxjumperxx

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

Buy Bitcoin!

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:26:05 AM

I was using kraken for a long time now, but getting very irritated at all them down times!
I will probably be going over to gdax, since they arent down all the time and feesare low.

Kraken was just very fast with processing deposits and withdrawals.

My vote goes to gdax or kraken.
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:40:33 AM

Unfortunately there's a lack of open exchanges with non-KYC that are trusted. Binance or Kraken are perhaps your best options, maybe bittrex.. but I'd stay away from bitfinex for now. Kraken is slow though and has numerous bugs and is often down as the above poster stated.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:28:44 PM

Create an account with GDAX for best fees. This will also give you access to coinbase if you want to use a card later.

He's in Qatar.  He can't use Coinbase or GDAX.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
midvoc

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:35:46 PM

Try Bittrex mate - one of the first I used - really easy to get some coins and withdraw them. Plus point would be there are loads to choose from - can only try it right?

Good luck Wink
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:37:47 PM

Hello,

There are many exchanges which accept bank transfers. You may find a list here: http://exchangewar.info/

Also, you may find some users which accept bank transfers on localbitcoins, paxful and on this forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: