Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:05:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any other ways to withdraw from exchange to Paypal?  (Read 667 times)
starships (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:31:00 AM

With Bitinstant being down, are there any other sites that offer this service? I just want to move what I sell on the exchange to my Paypal. In the midst of the Steam summer sales, I've found myself with $0 left in my Paypal balance. This is an enormous crisis, I still haven't picked up the Skyrim Legendary edition. Please... I beg of you all. Help me.
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:21:11 AM

Does it HAVE to be paypal?  Paypal is one of the harder ones to deal with.  Can it go to your bank account and you pay for it with debit?

I think the solution here is not to find a way into Paypal but a way around it.  For example, Dwolla --> USBank --> debit card purchase through paypal (or just your debit card).  Or Coinbase --> bank account --> debit card purchase.  Etc.
ralphjb

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:24:46 AM

I think your best bet is going to be looking for a small time user instead of an actual exchange service since PP is difficult to deal with once you pass a certain amount of $ because they whip out the magnifying glasses. You'd probably be better to do small trades with people, either on localbitcoins or look for people on here. I'm interested in buying some bitcoins but can never find anyone that accepts Paypal payment that doesn't charge a huge fee so maybe if you did that you could set yourself apart. I'd even be willing to buy <1 off of you to verify legitimacy (no offense just precaution) if that would help.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3219

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:33:27 AM

... I just want to move what I sell on the exchange to my Paypal. ...

LocalBitcoins is a fast and convenient way to sell your bitcoins for cash.

I wish more people were selling in my area. So many people buying bitcoins creates cash flow problems.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
starships (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:51:27 AM

Paypal is just my preferred option, it's much more convenient for me. I can always deposit into my Paypal from bank or do exchange -> bank -> paypal (I think this is possible but not entirely sure. I'm guessing someone will correct me either way), but I liked being able to send it straight to my Paypal in 5 minutes and being able to buy x right away.  The whole point of mining for someone like me(ie gamer making use of their gaming hardware when it would otherwise be idling) is small purchases like this through Paypal. Can't use things like Dwolla and Coinbase because I am in Canada.

I've never looked into LocalBitcoins, can anybody let me know if this assessment from a Reddit user is correct? "1) Someone makes an offer to buy your bitcoins 2) You send the bitcoins to localbitcoins 3) When you get the cash, you send a text message to localbitcoins, the bitcoins are instantly transferred". I found 1 person looking to buy in my city.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3219

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:12:50 AM

I've never looked into LocalBitcoins, can anybody let me know if this assessment from a Reddit user is correct? "1) Someone makes an offer to buy your bitcoins 2) You send the bitcoins to localbitcoins 3) When you get the cash, you send a text message to localbitcoins, the bitcoins are instantly transferred". I found 1 person looking to buy in my city.

That's basically how it works, but you contact the buyer in your case unless you plan to sell regularly.

You should send the bitcoins to your LocalBitcoins wallet ahead of time so that you don't have to wait for them to be confirmed. Alternatively, you can just send the bitcoins directly to the buyer's wallet. In this case, the buyer might want to wait for a confirmation, though.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
starships (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:42:46 AM

That's basically how it works, but you contact the buyer in your case unless you plan to sell regularly.

You should send the bitcoins to your LocalBitcoins wallet ahead of time so that you don't have to wait for them to be confirmed. Alternatively, you can just send the bitcoins directly to the buyer's wallet. In this case, the buyer might want to wait for a confirmation, though.
Thanks, I'm thinking I'll just deposit from my bank and sell the bitcoins to recoup the money.
coinlord1

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:13:34 AM

You can sell on localbitcoins.com for MoneyPak and add use the MoneyPak code to add funds directly to your paypal.
starships (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:50:52 AM

You can sell on localbitcoins.com for MoneyPak and add use the MoneyPak code to add funds directly to your paypal.
Shocked. Not familiar with MoneyPak but I'll look into it. Thanks.

PinkBatman

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:21:21 AM

I have used BTC-e to get cash into paypal. It takes a while and the fees are pretty high, but it does work.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:33:38 AM

I have used BTC-e to get cash into paypal. It takes a while and the fees are pretty high, but it does work.

BTC-e removed Paypal from withdraw options last month.
syn999

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:34:26 AM

dont try to put btc with paypal together

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: