Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:15:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TSMC says its supply of 28nm chips continues to be low  (Read 1282 times)
SOSLOVE868 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:24:29 AM

http://www.phonearena.com/news/TSMC-says-its-supply-of-28nm-chips-continues-to-be-low_id40077

28NM process demand is highly exceeding its supply all over the world. The news above just a typical example ,for further information you can google it.

However,  Is anyone still dreaming that those ASIC mining rigs companies can get its 28NM standard chips into production?

If you still believing that those small ASICs Mining rigs companies can do it ...then you are delusional and too naive...you are setting fire on your BTC investment.

anyone invest your BTC relate with this 28NM concept, I can fairly say that before 22NM become mainstream , you won't see anything return from your current

investment, The time wasting could be a year or couple of years.

Ask you self , what makes you think those manufactures will gives up big quantity of orders which come from APPLE or Nvidia ,instead to producing those small

scale of order from ASICs mining rigs companies?

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:48:10 AM

http://www.phonearena.com/news/TSMC-says-its-supply-of-28nm-chips-continues-to-be-low_id40077

28NM process demand is highly exceeding its supply all over the world. The news above just a typical example ,for further information you can google it.

However,  Is anyone still dreaming that those ASIC mining rigs companies can get its 28NM standard chips into production?

If you still believing that those small ASICs Mining rigs companies can do it ...then you are delusional and too naive...you are setting fire on your BTC investment.

anyone invest your BTC relate with this 28NM concept, I can fairly say that before 22NM become mainstream , you won't see anything return from your current

Ask you self , what makes you think those manufactures will gives up big quantity of orders which come from APPLE or Nvidia ,instead to producing those small

this article is almost 6 mo old.  things change fast in the tech industry.
SOSLOVE868 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:07:28 AM

this article is almost 6 mo old.  things change fast in the tech industry.
Still valid ,recently another 28nm production line in Taiwan (belong to hong hai international )is suspended due to technical issue,and only few companies in the world that have the infrastructure to producing 28nm standard chips.  
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:08:20 AM

things may change fast in the tech industry, but the difficulty, or total hashrate, is rising even faster.

the advantage of being first to market in bitcoin ASICs is enormous and has been proven by Avalon and ASIC miner. personally, I feel that chasing the smallest process size possible should take a back seat to getting a working product done... IT WILL NOT MATTER if your design is slightly, or even greatly, more efficient if you are late to the party.

(*personal case in point: after missing out (or rather, opting out) after seeing the clusterfuck that happened on the Feb 2 release of batch 2 Avalons, I made a purchase of some BFL devices. that was around Feb 10. About a week later batch 2 round 2 from Avalon was released and I got in on that one. I thought it would be a close race to see which device I received first, I preferred the BFL design because it was a smaller process size and a flip-chip design.

My Avalon has almost broken even in the 3.5 weeks I've had it running and my BFL order I likely won't see until some time in September if I'm lucky.

The point I'm trying to make is that you need to choose between using a more advanced technology that may take more time to get to market, and using more commonly available tech that you can produce right away. So far, the latter approach is winning hands down.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
SOSLOVE868 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:14:49 AM

things may change fast in the tech industry, but the difficulty, or total hashrate, is rising even faster.

the advantage of being first to market in bitcoin ASICs is enormous and has been proven by Avalon and ASIC miner. personally, I feel that chasing the smallest process size possible should take a back seat to getting a working product done... IT WILL NOT MATTER if your design is slightly, or even greatly, more efficient if you are late to the party.

(*personal case in point: after missing out (or rather, opting out) after seeing the clusterfuck that happened on the Feb 2 release of batch 2 Avalons, I made a purchase of some BFL devices. that was around Feb 10. About a week later batch 2 round 2 from Avalon was released and I got in on that one. I thought it would be a close race to see which device I received first, I preferred the BFL design because it was a smaller process size and a flip-chip design.

My Avalon has almost broken even in the 3.5 weeks I've had it running and my BFL order I likely won't see until some time in September if I'm lucky.

The point I'm trying to make is that you need to choose between using a more advanced technology that may take more time to get to market, and using more commonly available tech that you can produce right away. So far, the latter approach is winning hands down.
During that waiting time ,you may already get return from other activities,and in fact,the waiting time isn't predictable ,you may get nothing like order with BFL.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: