Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:06:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have any MINING RIGS FOR SALE ??? -- Central Florida  (Read 1067 times)
CRYPT (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 03:30:27 PM

I"m currently deployed to Iraq with the US Army, and would like to buy or build a bitcoin Mining Rig.  Though I live in a metal box, they do provide me with Air Conditioning, electricity, and I'm able to purchase the Internet... sooo,

Right now, I'm dabbling in the bitcoin mining world on the high end laptop that I brought with me, but would like to build/set up a 3 Ghash/s (or more) to use during my next 6 or 8 months here, while I do'nt have to foot the electric or cooling bill.

I saw where eintstienXX had a couple rigs for sale, then was going to ship the parts bck.  I've people in Orlando that can send the stuff to me, so...

Thanks,
The CRYPT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xurious

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 04:49:18 PM

I"m currently deployed to Iraq with the US Army, and would like to buy or build a bitcoin Mining Rig.  Though I live in a metal box, they do provide me with Air Conditioning, electricity, and I'm able to purchase the Internet... sooo,

Right now, I'm dabbling in the bitcoin mining world on the high end laptop that I brought with me, but would like to build/set up a 3 Ghash/s (or more) to use during my next 6 or 8 months here, while I do'nt have to foot the electric or cooling bill.

I saw where eintstienXX had a couple rigs for sale, then was going to ship the parts bck.  I've people in Orlando that can send the stuff to me, so...

Thanks,
The CRYPT

Are you just looking for a completely preconfigured, unbox from USPS, plug into power/network and go?

Having your people in Orlando buy the parts on ship them to you would be the easiest. It's all still packaged well. If you are base, between you and a few buddies you should be able to assembled the pc, install windows, download updated drivers, get guiminer and go. Would also be much cheaper.

SiaMining.com -- First PPS SiaMining Pool! 3%, VarDiff, Stratum Support
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 05:18:08 AM

I had a good experience with bitcoinrigs.com
Comes ready to plug and play.
Took a very long time to ship but it wasn't his fault, there were just ZERO 6990 available.
If you get the lower cards, you should get it right away.

JONW2012

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 06:24:02 AM

Hey man, mad respect to you and all the boys who are deployed right now.  Happy 4th of July to you!

I think there are some good options around as far as people selling mining rigs.  I have built some pretty serious PCs for work (image processing stuff), so if you don't find a more direct option, let me know your price and I will put something together for you.

Also, side note I have a Google Chrome laptop (Samsung Series 5, white) I'm looking to sell for about 40 BTC.  It's still sealed in the box.  Let me know if you or any of your buddies are interested.

Jon
cocodapuf

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 12:52:31 PM

The other day I missed out on a craigslist sale for a water cooled rig with a 5970 and a 5950 in 3 way crossfire.  It was actually a gamin g rig, came 8 gigs of ram, 3 solid state drives, a 5.25" internal enclosure for the SSDs, a 750gig HD, 1.5T HD, and *2* 28" displays...   all for (get this) $1100.  It could have been a 1Ghash and had left over parts to make my gaming machine totally badass, all for less than the cards were worth on their own.  Unfortunately it was sold about an hour after it went up on craigslist.

But anyhow, yeah people are selling rigs, just jump on em fast.
CRYPT (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 12:18:10 PM

Thanks all for the response... I'm still looking, I keep missing the Ebay and Craigslist rigs for sale.  I was actually looking on NewEgg at the HD 6990s.  I'm contemplating putting together a rig with 2 x HD 6990s, but what I'm finding is that either the motherboards are too flimsy, or, the HD 6990 is so big, that you can't fit 2 on a standard PCI x16 interface card.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
CRYPT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: