Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:35:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon 741 won't power up!!!  (Read 150 times)
hittinboost (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:15:36 PM

Hey guys recently bought two Avalon 741's and bought some EVGA 1300 G2 PSU's. I'm a 110v guy (well 125 at the wall). I hooked everything up, plugged the jumper into the MB connector, and nothing. The PSU 'clicks', but that's it. I know 110 isn't ideal, but I've seen several people getting by with it. It is a dedicated 110 btw. I set the power in the configuration to -2 also. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:45:44 AM

Can you take some photos?

Just to clear a few things up, you have each Avalon running off of 1 PSU.  You have all 6 PCIE connections made properly with the Avalon and your PSU.

What colour lights are you getting on the Avalon units? on the AUC3 Converter.

It sounds like you have been able to access the controller, have you input your pool settings so that the Miners will get work? Are you saving all changes once they have been made?

Are all set up cables connected properly, From the controller USB to micro USB connecting to the AUC3 converter. 5 pin cable from AUC3 converter to the Miner on the left side.

Try one miner at a time while trouble shooting.

What is the size of the breaker for this dedicated circuit because at 110 (125 based on your readings) you will be pulling 9.2 amps when the miner is running so you would need 2 separate 15 Amp circuits to support 2 Avalon 741's

This thread also has a lot of 741 users who help with trouble shooting

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1673843.0

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
nu1mlock

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:10:11 AM

Are you doing the "paper clip" method to start the PSU? There should be a plastic bit included with the PSU you bought, put it on the 24-pin cable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: