Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:01:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] 1 BTC for sending BTC to addresses via sendmany  (Read 1661 times)
Voodah

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:55:42 PM

Forgot the blockchain spam. That's BS.

A lot more jackass than the blockchain spam is the mass acumulation and hoarding of first bits.

You know, in my country domain names are free to register, and we got the same kind of greedy people running crazy bots and the such to be able to register as much as possible. Thankfully they later had to and were able to cap it on a per person basis, but the damage was already done. We will not even be that lucky here. These abuses will ran rampart.

"Hey, here is a free amazing resource BTC has which, incidentally, is great for newbies, usability and further adoption."

"Oh cool. IMPERIALIST MODE ON. Let me capture them all before anyone finds out, and then sell for 20 a pop out of thin air."

Nothing further from the ideals of BTC and precisely the opposite of what we need right now IMHO, but I can't however negate the fact that a free market is a free market after all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:46:35 PM

A lot more jackass than the blockchain spam is the mass acumulation and hoarding of first bits.

You know, in my country domain names are free to register, and we got the same kind of greedy people running crazy bots and the such to be able to register as much as possible. Thankfully they later had to and were able to cap it on a per person basis, but the damage was already done. We will not even be that lucky here. These abuses will ran rampart.
Yeah, I guess this is one of the reasons why firstbits is considered by many a flawed idea.
Now I agree.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:20:56 AM

"Hey, here is a free amazing resource BTC has which, incidentally, is great for newbies, usability and further adoption."

"Oh cool. IMPERIALIST MODE ON. Let me capture them all before anyone finds out, and then sell for 20 a pop out of thin air."

Nothing further from the ideals of BTC and precisely the opposite of what we need right now IMHO, but I can't however negate the fact that a free market is a free market after all.
Well, the actual plan is less about jacking them and reselling them, and more about putting them on physical bitcoins, because I think that is a fantastic use for them.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:51:04 AM

I'm at loss here, what do you mean by firstbits?

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 05:52:10 AM

I'm at loss here, what do you mean by firstbits?
http://firstbits.net/about.php
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: