Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:05:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will BTC's dominance of crypto market cap drop below 50%?  (Read 314 times)
CoinClarity (OP)

Activity: 281
Merit: 77

You got questions? We got answers. coinclarity.com

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 01:22:02 AM

Its currently sitting at about 53%. Its simply mind-blowing that even at record prices for BTC, all the altcoins are rising at break-neck speeds, which I assume is largely due to the dark hand of Wall Street. And as BTC is simply long overdue for a correction, I suspect BTC's dominance could fall within a matter of weeks, if not days..

"To HODL or not to HODL, that is the question." - Shakeyhandspeare

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:03:36 AM

By the amount of capitalization bitcoin is still dominant, but by the number of transactions, no longer exists. The number of transactions is already dominated by ethereum, with a margin of just over 50 percent. But the transactions in bitcoin make up about 33 percent of the total.
    While it is difficult to say what will happen with the capitalization on. If bitkoyn continues to increase in price at such a rate, the odds will remain, even the difference in capitalization between it and the altoquines will soar. Only when bitkoyn reaches the general limit of its growth, it will be possible to say that capitalization will smoothly pass into good and promising altas.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:45:40 AM

Its currently sitting at about 53%. Its simply mind-blowing that even at record prices for BTC, all the altcoins are rising at break-neck speeds, which I assume is largely due to the dark hand of Wall Street. And as BTC is simply long overdue for a correction, I suspect BTC's dominance could fall within a matter of weeks, if not days..

As you said bitcoin transaction over the years decereased but not because of other coins, people started to hold bitcoin rather than spending it because we all know that price increased from $1000 to $18k in one year.So in my view bitcoin will be always the king if crypto and no one can dominate it.
lzby2000

Activity: 379
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:51:24 AM

I think in recent years, the market value of bitcoin will remain at half of the market value of the encrypted currency, that is, 50%, because many altcoin is based on bitcoin. Bitcoin also has a strong miner's network support, and it is the first coin. And it does not increase the weight of the same, in fact, it is becoming more and more scarce. This is not a altcoin that can be easily overtaken.

--►Telegram --►Twitter
--►Ann Thread              PIPSCHAIN - HYBRID EXCHANGE
Bringing you fiat & crypto currency in one platform!     --►Whitepaper--► Website 
--►Medium
rcticoin

Activity: 139

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:17:58 AM

The last few days Criptocurency market turns have significant trade fluctuations. Bitcoin prices skyrocket to $ 7,500 / coin or about Rp100 million more per 1 Bitcoin. The turnover of Bitcoin transactions in the $ 10 Billion Market this week. As for Criptocurrency Market turnover (Bitcoin and Altcoin) reaches a very funtastic value of $ 200 Billion.

But there are some unique events, namely Altcoin-Altcoin prices in the market tend to decrease, but the price of Bitcoin cebderung stable enough to even move up. Although the average price of Altcoin has decreased, but the market can still maintain the amount of Criptocurrency transaction turnover up to $ 200 billion dollars.

In early November, the top 10 Coin Criptocurrencies had a massive decline, while Bitcoin continued to show an upward trend. The dominance of Bitcoin as the undisputed Criptocurrency King of the top market price has been able to keep Cripto's market value up to $ 200 billion. This shows that 60% of cripto trade in the market is still influenced by Bitcoin.

Altcoin certainly still plays an important role in holding transactions in the market, but its dominance is not as big as a transaction on Bitcoin. Criptocurrency world market share is very impressive. What needs to be admired is from the growth rate. Going below $ 20 Billion on January 1, 2017, then increased dramatically to $ 200 Billion more on November 5, 2017.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:29:43 AM

it will drop below it sooner than you may think because new shitcoins are being created at the speed of light.

and in case you didn't know, market capitalization doesn't mean shit for crypto currencies. it is a factor that is falsely imported from stocks market into crypto currency market and people keep quoting it as if it means something!

the way it is calculated is that you take the number of coins (supply) and simply multiply it by the price:
market cap = supply * price

and it is such a simply math shenanigan that when you look deep into it, you will laugh.
most shitcoins have a low price, so they increase their supply by a big factor and that will give them a huge market cap. you can look at Ripple and IOTA and Dogecoin for examples of altcoins with a huge supply and a very low price. even the big altcoins like Ethereum do this and actually use it to manipulate the public mind so they can pump their coin just because it is "number 2".

Only Bitcoin
atileture

Activity: 258
Merit: 57

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:36:37 AM

last increasing in market cup last days   &more than 500,000,000$& because price all crypto rising all crypto price jumping 30%.

BTC have massive effect because all basically use bitcoin to buy and  sell all altcoins
CoinClarity (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 12:41:43 AM

it will drop below it sooner than you may think because new shitcoins are being created at the speed of light.

and in case you didn't know, market capitalization doesn't mean shit for crypto currencies. it is a factor that is falsely imported from stocks market into crypto currency market and people keep quoting it as if it means something!

the way it is calculated is that you take the number of coins (supply) and simply multiply it by the price:
market cap = supply * price

and it is such a simply math shenanigan that when you look deep into it, you will laugh.
most shitcoins have a low price, so they increase their supply by a big factor and that will give them a huge market cap. you can look at Ripple and IOTA and Dogecoin for examples of altcoins with a huge supply and a very low price. even the big altcoins like Ethereum do this and actually use it to manipulate the public mind so they can pump their coin just because it is "number 2".

Actually no new Ripple is being created. And market cap pretty much determines which coin is biggest. Yes, you're correct, its a simple math equation, and its equally important in estimating the valuation of a coin. Bitcoin's lead just took a big jump over the last 24 hours.

CoinClarity (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 12:50:41 AM

last increasing in market cup last days   &more than 500,000,000$& because price all crypto rising all crypto price jumping 30%.

BTC have massive effect because all basically use bitcoin to buy and  sell all altcoins

I think more and more alts are becoming "unglued" to the price of bitcoin as they now can be purchased using fiat currency directly. For the longest time, yes, it was true, whenever bitcoin went up, alts would go down. When bitcoin went down, alts would go up.

But if you look at some of the price movement that's been going on with some of the top alts (ETH, XRP, ZEC, and today, DOGE), you can see that they continue to rise in price in terms of BTC, creating exponential gains.

2017 was definitely The Year of Bitcoin. I'm pretty certain 2018 will be Years of the Altcoin.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:54:08 AM

Altcoins had 2015 and 2016 and 2017 too. In case you hadn't noticed ETH and XMR was in the cents in 2015.

They all went mental while Bitcoin sat there like a lonely turd at sunset. This is the first year since 2013 that Bitcoin's done anything resembling what alts have done in a straight line for years.

Bitcoin might also be in the process of delivering on its promise which is a simple one compared to all the convoluted shite that'll never get anywhere in altland. They need to shit or get off the pot. Bitcoin's curling out a massive one right now.

People seem to assume alt action is a god given right. It may well be but there's been plenty already.
CoinClarity (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 01:00:52 AM

Altcoins had 2015 and 2016 and 2017 too. In case you hadn't noticed ETH and XMR was in the cents in 2015.

They all went mental while Bitcoin sat there like a lonely turd at sunset.

Such poetic imagery... love it.

You can't deny that bitcoin went mental this year, though. I mean, c'mon, up an additional $1500 in the last 24 hours?

Now that Wall Street has their fat sausage fingers on it, I expect it to drop like a rock once there are bitcoin ETFs and futures markets that allow people to "short" or otherwise bet against bitcoin. I don't foresee a DASH or ZEC ETF in the near future, however.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:02:57 AM

Such poetic imagery... love it.

You can't deny that bitcoin went mental this year, though. I mean, c'mon, up an additional $1500 in the last 24 hours?

Now that Wall Street has their fat sausage fingers on it, I expect it to drop like a rock once there are bitcoin ETFs and futures markets that allow people to "short" or otherwise bet against bitcoin. I don't foresee a DASH or ZEC ETF in the near future, however.

And ETH went from $8 to over $700 in nine months. Plus it never went below a few hundred despite the intensity of that pump. That's considerably more mental.

If Bitcoin futures are a success you can bet your arse alt ones will appear too.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:14:39 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 05:17:36 PM by malikusama

Yeah it is still above 50% but even after it may fall in near future bitcoin will remain the dominant in this flood of crap coins. You are logically true but not so precise about the market capitalization. Some cheap alt coins are emerging everyday and some of them become able to gain the attention of investors and that's why manipulating the market. Sell BTC now and you will regret later.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:36:15 PM

To hold or not to hold is not the real question, we know that if you hold bitcoin you benefit economically, what it is happening is that alts are recovering some of the ground they lost in the last months and to me that is natural, the price of alts was suppressed by the forks, since people were buying bitcoin in order to receive free coins and now that no important fork is coming things are getting balanced.
laxinternational

Activity: 124

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:43:51 PM

In May and June, I think the bitcoin domination was far below 45% I remember this from coinmarketcap website. Bitcoin won't give the driver seat to the other altcoins. It will maintain as the dominating factor of the entire market.
namjar

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:08:29 PM

Remember that most altcoins are following bitcoin pattern, if bitcoin goes down, a lot of altcoins will follow the same trend too.

It happened on June too, only a "few" altcoins were in green numbers after the great dump from $3000 to $2000 in just a few hours.

And as BTC is simply long overdue for a correction, I suspect BTC's dominance could fall within a matter of weeks, if not days..

That is the same question that i have been having in my mind for the last few days, should i keep holding or not?

That is something that i have been thinking a lot..

but there aren't many alternatives, if you sell, you need to move to alts, it is simple as that, so it is the same.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
CoinClarity (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 06:48:33 AM

When the bubble does burst (and I'm strongly of the opinion that it someday will -- don't ask me when), a bunch of money will flow into altcoins. That's why I'm furthering my proclamation of 2018 as Year of the Altcoin.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:32:12 AM

When the bubble does burst (and I'm strongly of the opinion that it someday will -- don't ask me when), a bunch of money will flow into altcoins. That's why I'm furthering my proclamation of 2018 as Year of the Altcoin.

if we assume you are correct and there in fact is a bitcoin bubble and also we assume it is going to burst soon-ish then why do you think altcoins are going to rise?

you see, based on my experience and from what i have seen so far, every time bitcoin drops, altcoins also drop. so i guess the real question is "why do you think this will be different than other previous ones?"

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
CoinClarity (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 02:02:14 AM

you see, based on my experience and from what i have seen so far, every time bitcoin drops, altcoins also drop. so i guess the real question is "why do you think this will be different than other previous ones?"

Really? In my experience I've witnessed the opposite: when bitcoin goes up, altcoins go down because people are cashing out their alts for btc, then their btc for fiat. Then when bitcoin goes down, suddenly it becomes easier to buy alts and they go up. When the bubble does burst, people will be looking for other investment alternatives. And as the top alts becomes less tied to the price of BTC, they tend to go up either way... Its easy to purchase ETH and BCH with fiat now, so you can largely skip the intermediary step of having to buy BTC to get alts.

jimbo2000

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:13:57 AM

I think it will either be within a few days or if not it will be a few months time, alts may make it above 50% during this pump that they're enjoying but bitcoin is readying itself to pump above 20k and then alts will have a period where they suffer. So if not before then then when bitcoin pauses again at whatever price that may be and alts enjoy their day.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: