Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:05:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is everyone trying to sell the USB Asic K1 Miner???  (Read 3639 times)
eve (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:44:27 PM

What is the point of buying a USB Miner knowing very well you will never recover your investments!!

Be smart and don't into their sweat talk and empty promises.

You will NEVER RECOVER your ROI  !!!

It is not  worth even as a collector item!!
kevcoins

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:02:36 PM

I would lists down the following but those selling and making these usb miner will not agreed with me. They are only interested in making money from the newbie. So better watch out.

1) YOU WILL NEVER RECOVER YOUR INVESTMENTS

2) YOU ARE ONLY WASTING MONEY BUYING THE USB MINER

3) YOU ARE ONLY INCREASE YOUR POWER BILL

4) DOES NOT LOOK GREAT AS A COLLECTOR ITEM

5) YOU LEARN NOTHING ON BITCOIN MINING USING A USB MINER

6) YOU ARE JUST WASTING YOUR TIME.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:21:36 PM

Block Erupters?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=259075.0

"THE LUCKY 13"

.94 per device plus costs (read Pricing section below).

K1's are priced much lower especially if you want larger lots. I think you might want to add BE's or edit out the K1's to your title... wait... are you selling BE's OP?

Also you can get K1's in DIY form for much much much cheaper... just throw in your Avalon chips and party.

Funny how you didn't mention Block Erupters at all wonder why?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
eve (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:30:46 PM

0.94 btc would be $86.4 plus costs would be $96.4 and is only giving you 282mh/s or max with over clocking of 350mh/s? At the moment 1gh/s is only $18.
Bicknellski

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:36:03 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2013, 01:51:03 PM by Bicknellski

0.94 btc would be $86.4 plus costs would be $96.4 and is only giving you 282mh/s or max with over clocking of 350mh/s? At the moment 1gh/s is only $18.

That is a block erupter price friend. So do the math. Why not mention all the BE sales at this point? Seems very 1 sided post? I guess you are selling Block Erupters? 18$ for 1Gh/s which machine? How is it shipped? How is it powered? Including PSU, Controllers and heat sinks? Any issues with customs? Factory delays? BFL? Do they catch fire? Is it pre-ordered? When is it going to ship? Is it still sitting on the tech bench or shipping cart? Can't you mine altcoins with these units? Seems easy to post a number then not elaborate on it.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:56:46 PM

That is a block erupter price friend. So do the math. Why not mention all the BE sales at this point? Seems very 1 sided post? I guess you are selling Block Erupters? 18$ for 1Gh/s which machine? How is it shipped? How is it powered? Including PSU, Controllers and heat sinks? Any issues with customs? Factory delays? BFL? Do they catch fire? Is it pre-ordered? When is it going to ship? Is it still sitting on the tech bench or shipping cart? Can't you mine altcoins with these units? Seems easy to post a number then not elaborate on it.

What is the pricing at Big Picture Mining?
BTC0.99 for small orders.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251831.msg2674534#msg2674534

That seems block-erupter-ish

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
Bicknellski

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:58:04 PM

Question is why he is pointing to K1s not BE's. Our prices are based on USD not BTC... it floats in BTC and we also set variable prices for larger orders meaning our prices if you group buy are much lower and as soon as we did our 85$ for 1 - 9 units the BE group buy prices matched ours.

But the real question is where are these 18$ per 1 Gh/s machines that I can afford and plug into the desktop or USB hub? I want to spend just 18 dollars and get one machine. Someone just trolling away I guess.

chuhuue

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:32:44 AM

They are trying to do whatever they can to make money via the most efficient way they think they can (I think)
atariguy

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:15:01 PM

I bought 4 of the Block Eruptors a couple weeks or so ago when 1 BTC was $70 USD, for a total of $280. I get 1.3 GH/s from them. My 2 x 7950 GPUs cost me about $600 and I get about 1.03 GH/s from them.

Seems like I got a pretty good deal on an ASIC product that is actually shipping (they're hashing away as I type this).

However, when they were going for 2 BTC and BTC was at $150 USD, I too thought they were ridiculous...  Wink
tymothy

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:29:30 AM

Reasons I bought a USB miner for USD:

1. It looks cool
2. It will generate some bitcoins and will be kind of historic
3. It's way more fun to have and run than having 1 BTC sitting in a wallet
4. I have a very disposable income and we're talking about a loss of at most, what, $50? Less if the value of bitcoin increases.
gdpone

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 10:49:54 AM

Not speaking brand specific here because I bought the USB Eruptor miner however I had to come to terms with myself and the fact OP is right, it wont be profitable at all for the money spent.  Even if the price dropped to .89 btc or whatever the group buy price is.  The difficulty alone is what will kill the miners ability to mine anything.

Wont matter how high the price of btc goes.
MrHempstock

Activity: 140

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:25:25 AM

1. It looks cool
4. I have a very disposable income and we're talking about a loss of at most, what, $50? Less if the value of bitcoin increases.

Other than the 1st part of #4, I'm right there with you.

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:10:19 PM

1. It looks cool

1. It doesn't look cool in the slightest. It looks like a USB stick, because it is a USB stick.
2. Sure, it will generate some bitcoins, but you already had some bitcoins which you wasted by buying such a device. There will be nothing "historic" about these devices. The only thing that people will remember about these devices is that a bunch of idiots actually paid for them.
3. Running a bitcoin miner is about as fun as running a clock.
4. That's no reason to throw money away.
bassclef

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 01:07:38 PM

If your goal is to generate bitcoins, these USB miners are great. Not everyone is in it to make gobs of money.

People can be judgmental. Maybe I should examine and pass judgement on my brother's wasteful food purchases, but I don't. He's just throwing money away! Why would he do such a thing, eating at restaurants...
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 02:39:29 PM

1. It looks cool

Where did you buy them for USD and not BTC?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
atariguy

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 02:48:42 PM

1. It looks cool

Where did you buy them for USD and not BTC?

You can pay inflated prices and buy them in USD on Amazon and Ebay.

I bought mine by buying bitcoin with USD on Coinbase and then buying the devices from BTCGuild. I even managed to time it so that I got it during the $70 dip a few weeks ago.  Grin
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:52:29 PM

1. It doesn't look cool in the slightest. It looks like a USB stick, because it is a USB stick.
2. Sure, it will generate some bitcoins, but you already had some bitcoins which you wasted by buying such a device. There will be nothing "historic" about these devices. The only thing that people will remember about these devices is that a bunch of idiots actually paid for them.

1. It's got a little green light, of course it's cool.
2. Or the idiots who complained on the internet about people who bought them
3. Well, that's your opinion.  There's lots of folks who spend money on machines to run stuff like RC5, Seti@Home, Folding@Home.  At least these things give you some payback, where those other 'hobbies' are literally useless.
4. Who died and made you the world's financial adviser? 

Before you say it, no I don't sell BEs.  I do have 3 of them.  But I do still have a number of GPUs mining, too.  Did I also waste my money there, too?

If you don't like them, then don't buy them.  If they annoy you so much, don't read or reply to threads about them.

You're a bit of a berk, aren't you?
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 08:59:28 PM

1. It's got a little green light, of course it's cool.
2. Or the idiots who complained on the internet about people who bought them
3. Well, that's your opinion.  There's lots of folks who spend money on machines to run stuff like RC5, Seti@Home, Folding@Home.  At least these things give you some payback, where those other 'hobbies' are literally useless.
4. Who died and made you the world's financial adviser? 

Before you say it, no I don't sell BEs.  I do have 3 of them.  But I do still have a number of GPUs mining, too.  Did I also waste my money there, too?

If you don't like them, then don't buy them.  If they annoy you so much, don't read or reply to threads about them.

You're a bit of a berk, aren't you?

1. Flashing lights? Well then it must be cool. It would be even cooler if it made weird noises as well. Toddlers would love it.

2. I'm not complaining. If someone wants to waste their money that's their choice.

3. I'm not saying that bitcoin mining is not useful. I'm not saying that it's not profitable. I'm saying it is not fun. There is no fun involved in watching a machine automatically do calculatons, just like there is no fun involved in watching the time change on a clock. Bitcoin mining is not fun but it sure is bloody great.

4. Nobody did and I'm not trying to be.

I will read threads about these devices and I will reply to them because I'm a bitcoin miner. I want to see mining hardware which is fairly priced that will allow me to make a profit because I want to buy such hardware.

You can make up whatever reasons you want to justify poor purchasing decisions, it's your money you're wasting not mine. I'm not angry or annoyed, I'm laughing my arse off at stupid people who clearly cant do basic maths.

Emmie

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 02:41:48 PM

You guys are arguing over points which are opinion based (such as what looks cool or not) as if they were factual. You'll never arrive at any conclusion to this argument.
MrHempstock

Activity: 140

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:56:21 AM

1. They don't care.
2. They are having too much fun numbering their snippy retorts.
3. At this point they wouldn't agree on something they agreed on.
4. You should be able to remember my points as they have all been conveniently numbered.
 Grin

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: