Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:11:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BE CAREFUL FAKE and SCAM bittaddress.org  (Read 147 times)
WARNING123 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:19:33 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2017, 01:10:45 PM by WARNING123

BE CAREFUL!!!SCAM!!!
https://bittaddress. org/    with  double tt and fake https certificate by Global sign is a SCAM!!!

This kit generates scam public key!Try to generate 100  adresses in bulk wallet and you will see that the list shows same address with already stolen somebodys bitcoins!
Also if you generate keys by brainwallet with pass words you will get scam address each time you press button!
BE AWARE!

PRIVATE KEYS EVEN DOES NOT MATCH YOUR ADDRESS!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:03:37 AM

BE CAREFUL!!!SCAM!!!
https://bittaddress.org/    with  double tt and fake https certificate by Global sign is a SCAM!!!

This kit generates scam public key!Try to generate 100  adresses in bulk wallet and you will see that the list shows same address with already stolen somebodys bitcoins!
Also if you generate keys by brainwallet with pass words you will get scam address each time you press button!
BE AWARE!

I would suggest removing the phishing link from your OP so that nobody clicks it. You can separate the . and the "com" with a space in between so that it doesn't become automatically clickable. People could potentially get scammed by accidentally clicking on it and having it saved in their history.

Pretty straightforward phishing site, nothing special here.

Just remember that the legit site is called bitaddress.org, or you could download the source code from github to run it offline or download their site to run it offline. Use the actual open source one, and you won't get scammed.

Smiley
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:38:29 AM

To be honest, it seems no difference in link while reading your post roughly. I also got confused when i opened the fake link you have revealed as bittaddress . The only word in your whole post that compells me to thinking is (fake). Anyways, we almost know the original url is always BiTaddress.org. I never click links that are in forums or in email, i just type manually in address bar whenever i have to visit
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:46:39 AM

Best way to generate bitcoin paper wallet is by downloading official github file of bitaddress and than run it in completely offline computer now print out the generated paper wallet from an offline printer.

Now you shouldn't save those file in anywhere online or in your computer. Protect that paper wallet and you are as secure as using hardware wallet.

OP remove that scammer link from the post, it will only help it to gain higher rank in search resuts because of additional backlink.

Anybody can clone bitaddress as it is open source project and they can easily modify some of the value in the script to scam users.
whisee

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:44:04 PM

I would suggest removing the phishing link from your OP so that nobody clicks it. You can separate the . and the "com" with a space in between so that it doesn't become automatically clickable. People could potentially get scammed by accidentally clicking on it and having it saved in their history.

Just remember that the legit site is called bitaddress.org, or you could download the source code from github to run it offline or download their site to run it offline. Use the actual open source one, and you won't get scammed.

this is important because i get Scammed by this link other op give fake url when click move me to other site and download tool "clipboard virus"

thanks
WARNING123 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:43:46 PM

BE CAREFUL!!!SCAM!!!
https://bittaddress.org/    with  double tt and fake https certificate by Global sign is a SCAM!!!

This kit generates scam public key!Try to generate 100  adresses in bulk wallet and you will see that the list shows same address with already stolen somebodys bitcoins!
BE AWARE!

DONE Cool
btcbonanza

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:15:43 PM

Yeah, nothing new in that. Almost every popular item in world has duplicate. Internet is no difference.
There are over 20 manipulated domains for MyEtherWallet, with somewhat similar name. Same is the case with bitaddress.
Best thing person could do is to check domain carefully before accessing site. Moreover, if he is regular user of site then should bookmark the site rather than opening link from webpages.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:04:43 AM

the thing that I have learned about security is that you must check with multiple sources before downloading anything that is involving something sensitive like a bitcoin wallet and your money!

for example you check out websites that list these like bitcoin.org, you can use google to find them. you can also come to any social media platform like forums and ask others if the link you have found is the right one or not. and finally it is always best if you do a test run first. for example create a wallet (a key pair) send some BTC to it and let it be there and sped it later. you can also learn how it works this way so that you eliminate any possible mistakes you may make.

it may seem like a lot of work and have some paranoia in it but trust me all the work you do is worth it if you don't want to lose your money.

Only Bitcoin
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 10:37:33 AM

It is always better to check each and every website when dealing with money, that to regret later.
Always bookmark the legitimate sites. Many sites have their phishing duplicates like MEW and many exchanges.
Also, sometimes google may also return fake sites in ads so beware !

bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:32:08 PM

You can report this phishing link to google using this link I guess https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/
And eset here http://phishing.eset.com/report so people who want to use this site will be notified. But always double check the link if its real or just a phishing link. And never click any suspicious link on email or any messaging app just use google search with correct  keyword.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: