Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:12:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin on MTGOX?  (Read 2017 times)
No_10 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:26:08 PM

Hi.

I'm fairly new so forgive me if this is a repeat question.

My friend told me that Litecoin would be coming to MTGOX in July.

Does anyone know if this is still happening.

Has there been any news? Or can anyone point me at news articles on this that cite reliable sources.

Does anyone know if they will be upgrading their trading system at the same time as the litecoin lunch and are there still any plans to include Namecoin?

Thanks all.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:42:33 PM

it will eventuality but its anyone's guess when  Smiley

mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:45:33 PM

I don't think there has been any official news on it in awhile. Last I recall, they announced sometime in July on their facebook page. But that was before they had issues with wires and USD withdraws. And did they acquire Satoshi Dice, or was that just a rumor/joke?

Anyway, my guess is late July or sometime in August at this point.

EDIT: Here's the quote from their facebook page on June 21st:
6) As risky as it is to invoke the name of Litecoin (LTC???), we must apologize for not keeping everyone up to date. The fact is that the current situation means a continued delay, but for good reasons. We’re looking at July right now, though that depends on a few things. Mainly, we want to do things correctly from the beginning.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:46:56 PM

Hi.

I'm fairly new so forgive me if this is a repeat question.

My friend told me that Litecoin would be coming to MTGOX in July.

Does anyone know if this is still happening.

Has there been any news? Or can anyone point me at news articles on this that cite reliable sources.

Does anyone know if they will be upgrading their trading system at the same time as the litecoin lunch and are there still any plans to include Namecoin?

Thanks all.

Why would you want to trade anything on MtGox? they do not allow people to take money out, they have a ton of legal troubles, they are probably going the way of the dodo soon, I would look at other exchanges instead.

I don't think there has been any official news on it in awhile. Last I recall, they announced sometime in July on their facebook page. But that was before they had issues with wires and USD withdraws. And did they acquire Satoshi Dice, or was that just a rumor/joke?

That was definitely a joke.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Olimpiata

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:57:09 PM

I highly doubt it will be on MtGox this month. The price of litecoin has been very much manipulated by the speculation/news surrounding the July announcement. If they do not deliver, I can see the value of litecoins dipping quite a bit.
Drug5bitz

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:59:18 PM

https://twitter.com/fontase. Probably the best source go back a month or so and read about the litecoin ipo.

If you would like to donate to my jalapeno mods, or just buy me a b33r it's all appreciated.

BTC Address 1DX24XAojH2qjAgFzbME81o9BD3yDjfGLR
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:18:36 PM

https://twitter.com/fontase. Probably the best source go back a month or so and read about the litecoin ipo.

https://twitter.com/fontase:
MtGox is close to LTC implementation. They are working with developers on the technical intricacies. Best estimate timeframe is July 24-31.

Where is the guy getting his sources from?

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Drug5bitz

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 11:50:55 PM

Its just where most people build their speculation from.

If you would like to donate to my jalapeno mods, or just buy me a b33r it's all appreciated.

btcbonanza

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:30:50 AM

as with everything dealing with gox, i'll believe it when i see it.
Drug5bitz

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 03:55:33 AM

Exactly.....

theokep

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:00:02 AM

and if it actually gets there, it will get ddosed in roughly one minute Cheesy
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:03:10 AM

Gox can't even handle USD -- you think they're going to add MORE currencies?!

Rumor came from https://www.facebook.com/MtGox/posts/484532824964463 #6
tharude

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:58:14 AM

I've never trusted a line announced by Gox! Too many problems to solve they have.
Lawsuits, new trading platform, withdraw backlogs, [name the next excuse here]. Sounds familiar? Kind of BFL'ish?
If they manage to sort out all these things in July it will be miracle. And meanwhile, they are constantly losing trust... not a good way for an exchange to follow.
So, LTC on Gox... certainly not July, maybe mid August or close to never. It was and still is only a rumor after all.
I wouldn't rely on this hype attempt for adding some value to LTC, real life implementation will bring much more value to it though.
bitcoindigi

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:00:25 AM

https://twitter.com/fontase:
MtGox is close to LTC implementation. They are working with developers on the technical intricacies. Best estimate timeframe is July 24-31.

Where is the guy getting his sources from?

fontas is just a mad troll, do not take him seriously.
Cryptobits

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:51:49 PM

Fix Gox first, then worry about LTC>
chuhuue

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 03:06:37 PM

Gox is so random there is absolutely no telling when/if they will add LTC. It is all rumors for now.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 03:08:52 PM

I think miners want soon.   But i don't know if Gox's priority is new ATM.
derekx

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 07:45:26 PM

Obviously a topic with a lot of opinions. Take them all with a grain of salt. Last Gox said was July. Could be pushed back a bit obviously, but probably around then  give or take a couple of weeks, seems reasonable. Don't listen too much to all the doom and gloom about Gox. They have issues but seem to working them out. It's a young industry and crypto growth has been fast. Just my opinion, but a reasonable one.
MinerStatus

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:44:10 AM

I done know when its gonna be there, but i'd like to see it sooner then later...
SirMintALot

Activity: 140

In POS we trust

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:27:29 PM

Mt.Gox should add Litecoin and Namecoin as quick as possible. With their payout problem people will walk off to other exchanges sooner or later, but if people could trade between those three cryptocoins to build up a bigger pile of cash, then they will stay there until the problem is fixed.

BTC: 142BHpdq4wey7PC3Cp5QiUoshF19u3yvHN LTC: LbiEUDYjohwpXnv1Gd4LvdGr1Jr1M5Usjc NMC: N3eeYkWqeLFWBJRmS3WyU1zz6WgKkjEVtb
IXC: xtR8uc2EFGWFJgrVEgZZ5yvRsWKhwAg8ZH DVC: 18oVWfSqHjvhJEuHHxsDpCfBeDMuLWyh5p CLR: CGZGWW16sooX69PJBEtJH2Xmo4KFupkow7
PPC: PLJ5uzFw21FkKdSrmfccT3MqubSfSB4soE YAC: Y7FM89AiFhWKBcXh2BzzRaw4eUAYkreXbs LBW: 5ygEWM7dMjeUV2sBeppTvkTTXCkeREKqf2
I0C: jatiogvXJYhK7auegbjPnQRV3kQgFvz482 JPU: JE7fhhPfP1Kjyd1hj8zevNsf7THeMqHo6A NVC: 4Hvecu2fzC2rCwYbKBeYXr8y9pdAZLFZHH
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: