Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:43:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DISASTER ON THE BREAD TOKENSALE  (Read 157 times)
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:37:04 AM

A team that intends to build a Bitcoin and Altcoins wallet + ecosystem launched the ICO sale 30 minutes ago. The admins recomended "NO LIMIT" on the gas limit from transactions.

Due to a wrong contract NONE of the transactions went through, all failed. Some participants lost more than 300$ in fees. The telegram chanel was not muted and spammers got in trying to fool people into sending money to fake addresses, along a large collection of Rare Pepes

This reveals that the team did not even care to pass an external audit, risking the whole 30 Million USD project.

THIS IS THE TEAM THAT WANTS TO BUILD YOUR WALLET. Any volunteers?

beezle

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:39:58 AM

There needs to be a site like virustotal that will let people submit a smart contract address to be scanned for red flags before sending money to it. As things currently are there is no way to know if a smart contract has problems until those problems have affected people or a dev notices something and reports it. All too often we see swaps taking place due to a bug or some other issue that could have been detected right from the start..

James007uk

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:15:08 PM

Mt attempts to join the ICO kept failing, I am actually glad, no faith in their product at all now, in fact off to leave a rubbish review for their wallet.

Wasted so much of my time with this one, makes me angry when they tell you they have a great product, and can't even take your money.

Coke Heads.
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:03:14 PM

There needs to be a site like virustotal that will let people submit a smart contract address to be scanned for red flags before sending money to it. As things currently are there is no way to know if a smart contract has problems until those problems have affected people or a dev notices something and reports it. All too often we see swaps taking place due to a bug or some other issue that could have been detected right from the start..

There is a service called Quantstamp, they had their ICO recently. I would trust the technical part of any ICO that has gone through their scrutiny.

allenwillis

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:19:00 PM

This is my top pick ICO . Do I have to be always logged in to my MEW wallet? Good luck and keep us updated
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:53:35 AM

This is my top pick ICO . Do I have to be always logged in to my MEW wallet? Good luck and keep us updated

After a few hours they got ICO rolling... and then everyone found out that there was an additional sale at Binnace. Cheating and not reporting are going to kill the ICO business. Is not that difficult to do a honest ICO with full disclosure and transparency.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: