Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:52:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Statistics and Surveys  (Read 52 times)
bmurph (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:38:32 AM

I am considering a  crypto investment business based on statistics. Am looking for advice, or to partner with a statistician, or other expert in the field. I've seen some unbelievable survey's in the news media, and want to make sure that I can conduct truly accurate survey's, before I start this project.

Question: Would a service such as surveymonkey.com provide trustable results?

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 05:08:53 AM

I am considering a  crypto investment business based on statistics. Am looking for advice, or to partner with a statistician, or other expert in the field. I've seen some unbelievable survey's in the news media, and want to make sure that I can conduct truly accurate survey's, before I start this project.

surveymonkey.com

what a name, people will take you truly serious with this name

good luck

bmurph (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:31:25 AM

surveymonkey.com

what a name, people will take you truly serious with this name

good luck

That's just the name of one of the online survey services, not the name of my letter. I think survey monkey is the most popular one, that's why I mentioned it.
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:02:02 AM

Survey Monkey for a crypto investment business survey, they are indeed popular and trustable. Their free plan is limited to only 100 responses per survey. Survey Legend and Survey Planet have unlimited respondents. Why not use Google Forms, have seen some users posting their surveys on this forum, but I think the response rate is low, might get more response from Reddit/CryptoCurrency or CryptoMarkets.
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 915

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:27:09 AM

The online survey provider doesn`t matter.The most important part is the target group of people that will conduct the survey.If you ask the wrong people with the right questions(or the right people with the wrong questions),you will never get accurate results.Can you post your survey questions here?
What is you business plan?

bmurph (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:47:54 AM

Thanks, Kris

Davis, I would conduct any where from 1 survey to many survey's per month, depending on how many subscribers we can get. Subscriptions would start at $2-$5/month, for 1 survey per month access to more suvey's, along with expert advice, would cost more. There would be special "bubble watch" survey's, which would be taken of the general public mostly. "Top picks" survey's would be taken of well researched crypto investors with good track records. If we can get a hold of 100-1000 experts we would pay them extra to take the survey's. Some survey's would be monthly repeates, while others would be constantly changing and evolving.

This is a new idea, so right now my business plan is to gather information, and contacts. To start I would conduct one or a few suvey's and send them as a free trail to an email list, and have a simple website, and low subscription fees. Then determine if the business should be expanded, or ended, depending on the subscription rate, and cost of survey's.
JoinWell.io

Activity: 210
Merit: 5

Healthcare delivered. WELL

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:40:05 PM

I believe that  depends on the quality of this survey, its questions. and on the respondents, of course. You need to make it really good and try to cover quite a big part of your target audience to make it representative

|  WELL  |  MAKING HEALTHCARE BORDERLESS
● ▬▬  ICO  》  3 January - May 15, 2018  ▬▬ ● (https://joinwell.io/)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: