Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:40:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help a NEWB Out!!! Please  (Read 203 times)
livfreely (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:00:14 AM

I have an Antminer S7.  I do not have a power supply for it.  Tonight I picked up 2 Corsair CX750M's.  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-cx-series-modular-cx750m-750w-atx-power-supply-black/8324202.p?skuId=8324202&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=663&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=ed5a8a30-708b-481a-b8fe-4b26a5dac4ab&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg199084&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2   I also have this to help out https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Supply-Individually-Sleeved-100-G2-16KR-B9/dp/B01K9EXU3K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513400243&sr=8-1&keywords=EVGA+black+and+red to help out.  The problem is they all hook up to 8 pin slots on the PSU, and I only have 2 of those on each PSU.  So I can only get 2 hash board fully hooked up.  Help!!!
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:00:57 AM

Why don't you return those PSU's and get something you don't have to try and rig together. You need 10 PCIE connectors if I'm not mistaken. You can order a Server grade PSU from places like Amitylabs ebay store, Parallel miner, or Blokforge has them in stock.

What is the voltage of your circuit that you are running on?

This works for you if you are on 220 V
https://www.blokforge.com/product/bitmain-apw3-power-supply-with-10-plugs/

You could order 2 of these if you are on 110 Volt, just make sure you grab the 8 cable pack
https://www.parallelminer.com/product/hp-gold-rated-750-watt-110-240v-power-supply-kit-for-asic-miner/

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
livfreely (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:29:34 PM

Thanks for the reply.  I will be taking those PSU's back today if they cannot work with an Avalon 741.  I should have an Avalon 741 coming in the mail today. 

Do you know if it is alright to have a PCI-E connection just hanging out not being used?  It is my understanding that I can use 1 power supply for each side of the Avalon 741.  I have two slots on each PSU that i can hook up a connector to that will be a dual PCI-E.  There are only 3 slots on each side of the Avalon 741 so I will have one just handing out not being used on each side. 
livfreely (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:17:20 AM

Well the Avalon showed up today, and the two power supplies are working out great so far.  I had to do the mother board hack on the power cord with a copper cable to get the PSU's to run.  I also had to take the Avalon out of static network to get her to connect to the internet.  All in all it was a blast!  I am hooked, and really enjoy this as a hobby. 

I am currently running at 7.3 TH/s on my pool.  Thanks again for helping with this. 
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:31:04 AM

Glad it's working out for you, if you do have any extra connectors hanging out that's fine, just remember they are essentially live DC circuits if something closes the connection.

Enjoy your Avalon.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀