Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:59:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Watch out for the scams out there  (Read 2317 times)
ZeusTrade
Copper Member

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:52:19 PM

THERE ARE MANY FRAUDS ON THE FORUM INCLUDE VIA EMAIL TYPE EMAIL OF MYETHERWALLET AI FOLLOW THE RULE OF VITALIK NOT GIVING ETH AND SOON NOTHING FAILS THERE IS IF SOMEONE PROMETE IS FRAUD
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 05:21:32 AM

Wish I knew that before getting scammer $7 for $10 agc!  Cry
Take that as a very cheap lesson even if for you 7 dollars is a meaningful amount of money you should consider yourself to be lucky there have been people that lost hundreds of bitcoin to scammers that are now worth a fortune, so remember to always use an escrow for any deal, there are some escrows that charge you money but there are others willing to do it for free, just look that the escrow has a good reputation or you could lose your money to them as well.

There are many scams out there and when the scammers wanted more than just scam for a few dollars, they would create an ICO. I do participate in some bounties and then after a while, the team would be inactive and leaving the investors and the bounty hunters in vain. There are times when the ICO is not scam but they do not pay the bounty participants which is quite unfair that's why we should have a consensus that tokens should be escrowed.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
Lydiaglo

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:26:00 AM

Yeah thanks for reminded us.. and it's not only that, now scammers more increasingly a various forms of its deception. Anyhow internet is the one of the scam's media that's really suitable for a scammers.. and of course scams forms in cyberspace, it's harder to read or researched than scam in the real world. Sometimes someone who doesn't intend to scam, but we consider it a scam and vice versa. Well in essence we've to be a more smarter person.
Unfortunately this is the reality of this space, you cannot ever let your guard down, there are people trying to scam you and there are others sending phishing links and if you click on them you risk losing money as well, this is why sometimes people in the forum may seem to be paranoid about stuff but the truth is they are only trying to protect themselves and others of being scammed.

Thats why cryptocurrencies have so bad reputation. You can count on scam on every step of the way.

There won't be mass adoption until this problem get fixed so every illiterate person can use it without fear.
That is probably never going to happen, there are also many scams in fiat but the difference is chargebacks are possible, something that will never be possible with bitcoin so we will have to change the culture and instill a culture of using an escrow in every single trade no matter how big or small the amount of the transaction but most people never take additional precautions until they suffer a bad experience with bitcoin.
It is very important to know the ICOs in which we are going to invest. The project should be authentic and reliable. Market cap should be good and should be listed in exchange. These are some facts that every investor should know about it. There are thousands of coins in the market but all are not authentic and there are many scams which should be avoided.
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:46:20 AM

Escrows are really cool and safe when you want to deal online on peer-to-peer basis
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:52:00 PM

Look out for the people who arent willing to do escrow. Their will be guys coming on here promising you any gift card but you first must send them money. First sign is low posting number. There is a lot of signs showing someone may be a scam.
Using an escrow is a must in any deal you make in the forum, I know that this adds costs and time delays but it is worth it especially if we are talking about a significant amount of money, however I will recommend that you never buy gift cards from people, most of the time they are committing some kind of fraud and you do not want the police knocking at your door just because you wanted to get a cheap gift card.
Pancheng

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:43:58 PM

Look out for the people who arent willing to do escrow. Their will be guys coming on here promising you any gift card but you first must send them money. First sign is low posting number. There is a lot of signs showing someone may be a scam.

When you make transaction on someone whom you don't know and you will do it for the first time, it is advisable to use wallet that can tract your transaction well and if possible use wallet that requires KYC so you can tell that this person with this account scams you so other people will also know!

gscplatform.io ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█▐
Deubila

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:46:39 PM

Yeah thanks for reminded us.. and it's not only that, now scammers more increasingly a various forms of its deception. Anyhow internet is the one of the scam's media that's really suitable for a scammers.. and of course scams forms in cyberspace, it's harder to read or researched than scam in the real world. Sometimes someone who doesn't intend to scam, but we consider it a scam and vice versa. Well in essence we've to be a more smarter person.
Unfortunately this is the reality of this space, you cannot ever let your guard down, there are people trying to scam you and there are others sending phishing links and if you click on them you risk losing money as well, this is why sometimes people in the forum may seem to be paranoid about stuff but the truth is they are only trying to protect themselves and others of being scammed.

Thats why cryptocurrencies have so bad reputation. You can count on scam on every step of the way.

There won't be mass adoption until this problem get fixed so every illiterate person can use it without fear.
That is probably never going to happen, there are also many scams in fiat but the difference is chargebacks are possible, something that will never be possible with bitcoin so we will have to change the culture and instill a culture of using an escrow in every single trade no matter how big or small the amount of the transaction but most people never take additional precautions until they suffer a bad experience with bitcoin.
It is very important to know the ICOs in which we are going to invest. The project should be authentic and reliable. Market cap should be good and should be listed in exchange. These are some facts that every investor should know about it. There are thousands of coins in the market but all are not authentic and there are many scams which should be avoided.
Investing in an ICO at this stage is risky if the investor does not really grasp the elements that can lead to a successful ICO project. I believe this market is recovering but the opportunity is only for serious and professional investors.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:42:06 AM

Wish I knew that before getting scammer $7 for $10 agc!  Cry
Take that as a very cheap lesson even if for you 7 dollars is a meaningful amount of money you should consider yourself to be lucky there have been people that lost hundreds of bitcoin to scammers that are now worth a fortune, so remember to always use an escrow for any deal, there are some escrows that charge you money but there are others willing to do it for free, just look that the escrow has a good reputation or you could lose your money to them as well.

There are many scams out there and when the scammers wanted more than just scam for a few dollars, they would create an ICO. I do participate in some bounties and then after a while, the team would be inactive and leaving the investors and the bounty hunters in vain. There are times when the ICO is not scam but they do not pay the bounty participants which is quite unfair that's why we should have a consensus that tokens should be escrowed.
Most of the time it is going to be impossible for the tokens to be escrowed because while the campaign is running the tokens have not been created yet, while I understand that will give everyone the security they are going to eventually going to be paid, the developers are busy doing other stuff needed to make their project a success, so unfortunately the risk of not being paid by bounty campaigns will still be there.
Dharmmie
Copper Member

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 01:45:09 PM

Lots of scam ICO are out there don't even know the real one to invest on

pinot95

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:22:49 PM

THERE ARE MANY FRAUDS ON THE FORUM INCLUDE VIA EMAIL TYPE EMAIL OF MYETHERWALLET AI FOLLOW THE RULE OF VITALIK NOT GIVING ETH AND SOON NOTHING FAILS THERE IS IF SOMEONE PROMETE IS FRAUD
e

Do not trust easily to someone you aren’t sure of. Always be careful when doing transactions specially money transfer online because once it is done it can never be undone. There are many bad people online that pretends to be good it is hard to identify them.
checkmatesir

Activity: 584
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:50:02 AM

Always be on the lookout for scams to avoid losing your assets and investments.
In the crypto world, there are lots of ways to get phished. Scammers and hackers are everywhere.
Secure your assets, always.
To avoid scams I suggest never invest in anonymous cryptos and new ICOs until they listed in exchange because when they do not receive funds they ran away with money. It is better to invest only in authentic and reliable coins like bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin etc. if you invest in these top coins you will be mentally relaxed.

Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:57:53 PM

That goes without saying. Before investing your money into any speculation, you should ascertain to a certain degree the possibility of that project and the skill of the team handling it.
There are so many poorly managed 'good' ideas.
Do your OWN research. And don't just follow the recommendations of a crypto influencer.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Guideare

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:40:56 AM

For me its stupidity to sending someone money you don't know. We are aware there's 99% scammers here and all are looking for our money. I have never send money to unknown person.
ghost14k

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:53:18 PM

Bitcoin scams is increasing everyday and we need to be on look out in order not to fall a victim. Using an escrow service when going for a trade is good but just to be sure you are not getting scammed. Still understand that the escrow service is to be trusted. Localbitcoins kind of does the trick for me and i have been using them for quite a long time. There are also many other sites that relies on good form of escrow and creates a neutral ground where buyers and sellers meet.
Marcelle7

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:30:29 AM

We have to first figure out who is he better to find his identity his name his address.Bitcoin is really a risky a single mistake can lose your all money better to be active and smart before sending money.
lana_93

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:17:16 PM

I thought that this kind of fraud does not work anymore. Who believes in these conditions? It seems to me that now the schemes of scammers are much more secretive. It is very difficult to distinguish truthful ICO from the scam. Maybe the project Menlo.one can help with this.
Ripa17

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:28:10 AM

I don’t invest in any site, except on those that are very popular and well known by everyone for their good reputation online. I also don’t jump into any business I see on the forum, most of them are scammers, and I don’t also do business with people here.
Liquidathor22

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:14:23 PM

I thought that this kind of fraud does not work anymore. Who believes in these conditions? It seems to me that now the schemes of scammers are much more secretive. It is very difficult to distinguish truthful ICO from the scam. Maybe the project Menlo.one can help with this.
We need to get out from this situation and look for projects on our own, until there is an assistant like Menlo.one . Studying the team and the usefulness of the project are the main criteria for selection.
M7MMike

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:06:26 PM

Don’t trust everything as sometimes it is not just true but rumours.
greylandm

Activity: 106

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:56:40 AM

All it needs is a bit of common sense and everything else will be normal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: