Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 02:49:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: just bought all the pieces for my first mining rig, give me your opinions please  (Read 93 times)
zorack (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:56:28 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2017, 06:07:52 AM by zorack

Hello there everyone

Recently I've got some gtx 970 for a really sweet price (US$ 130 each) and decided to build a mining rig, those are the pieces I bought, they will be delivered between monday-tuesday:

Asrock H81 Pro BTC
Celeron 1840
4gb ddr3
120gb sata hd
2x corsair 750bq (750w)
6x gtx 970 g1 gaming (got em during black friday)

By the way dont worry about profitability, I already did all the math and I am 100% sure this is profitable.
So, did I do a good job picking those equipments? I am a bit afraid that the celeron  might be too weak, or that 4gb ddr3 wont be enough. By the way are those 4 capacitors riser cable much better than the most common one with 3 capacitors?

by the way  can someone tell me if the gpu's  memory amount makes significant difference when mining? because I was thinking about buying some rx 580 4gb or gtx 1060 3gb in the near future
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 05:59:58 AM

By the way dont worry about profitability, I already did all the math and I am 100% sure this is profitable.
So, did I do a good job picking those equipments? I am a bit afraid that the celeron  might be too weak, or that 4gb ddr3 wont be enough. By the way are those 4 capacitors riser cable much better than the most common one with 3 capacitors?

I mean, I wouldn't purchase parts for a new rig just to host 970s, but if you're sure it's profitable under your conditions, go for it.

4GB should be fine. If the Celeron's too weak (mixed reports on this for different miners), you'll just have to find out experimentally.

Risers are going to be pretty hit-and-miss, regardless of the number of capacitors on the PCB.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
zorack (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:04:13 AM

I mean, I wouldn't purchase parts for a new rig just to host 970s, but if you're sure it's profitable under your conditions, go for it.

4GB should be fine. If the Celeron's too weak (mixed reports on this for different miners), you'll just have to find out experimentally.

Risers are going to be pretty hit-and-miss, regardless of the number of capacitors on the PCB.
thanks for your reply
yesterday I plugged one of the 970s on my personal pc and made some tests. I was able to get 300 sol/s mining zcash with 150w power usage, the kw/h here where I live costs US$ 0.1  so I put those numbers on whattomine and cryptocompare and it told me this will be pretty profitable, like 2 dollars a day each gpu

I really hope the celeron gets the job done, maybe I should have picked a slightly better one, but I bought this g1840 for a good price
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: