Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:18:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your asset allocations for Bitcoin versus Altcoins? PORTFOLIO  (Read 80 times)
dontomas12345 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:24:40 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2017, 06:37:54 AM by dontomas12345

Right now I'm strong on Bitcoin Portfolio:

50% Bitcoin

20% ethereum

10% Litecoin (is this too high?)

20% Alt coins:  (Spread out) Btcoin cash, XLM, Cardona, Monero, Ripple, SALT, Bitcoin Gold, Steem, IOTA,

Thoughts?

Or suggestions?
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:20:32 AM

I keep about 60% in bitcoin. 5% in ETH, 10% in LTC and the remaining 25% in altcoins. Since altcoins provide easier opportunities to make quick winnings, I try to keep its percentage up, whereas with the other three, I just purchase them and wait.

helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 10:28:48 AM

Your portfolio is good and balanced but still I suggest to change a little bit for Bitcoin and Ether.I will advice you to invest 80% of your capital in both this coins because both this have bright future and will jump minimum 50% from current level in just 3-4 months and now a days demand of both this coins increasing huge.And remaining 20% of your capital you can invest in good altcoins  like XLM, Cardona, Monero, Ripple and Litecoin.

dontomas12345 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:08:58 PM

Your portfolio is good and balanced but still I suggest to change a little bit for Bitcoin and Ether.I will advice you to invest 80% of your capital in both this coins because both this have bright future and will jump minimum 50% from current level in just 3-4 months and now a days demand of both this coins increasing huge.And remaining 20% of your capital you can invest in good altcoins  like XLM, Cardona, Monero, Ripple and Litecoin.
I keep about 60% in bitcoin. 5% in ETH, 10% in LTC and the remaining 25% in altcoins. Since altcoins provide easier opportunities to make quick winnings, I try to keep its percentage up, whereas with the other three, I just purchase them and wait.

I have to agree with you both about putting more into Bitcoin... Only problem is I already had 50% during this last run up to $19,000 BTC price.  Now I feel that it is really inflated and will correct this next week before the holidays.

I feel like it needs to go back to sustainable levels like $15,000-17,000 because the December runup just seems too "tulip-like".  ( I do think it will go up to $30-100k per BTC by the end of 2018 but there will be some corrections prior.) As a whole I think Bitcoin has had a crazy run up and will correct about 10-30% soon.  Then I plan to dump more into Bitcoin at that time.  Like $60k (about 10% of my stocks.

I think After the holidays.  Like starting Dec Dec 29-Jan 4 there will be a MASSIVE run up.

---I think for now I will go with 60% bitcoin like you all suggest, but once Bitcoin has a correction to $15k levels I will just dump $60k into it... (dollar cost averaged over 1-2 weeks)

---Then for 2018 I will keep like 70% in Bitcoin before slowly tapering to Altcoins and rebalancing to about 60% bitcoin by the end of 2018...( this could definitely change as things happen so fast!)

Thoughts?  Or is that too simplistic trying to time it based on Holidays and the current psychological FOMO run up in December?
1kings

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:47:17 PM

Good spread. Make more investment in AltCoins.
dontomas12345 (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:51:15 AM

After tonights rollercoaster .  I guess I was right-I thought BTC should go to $15k-17k levels,  For my portfolio. I'm thinking :

50% BTC

20% ETH

10% BCH (BCC)

20% Alt Coins

Thoughts?

Looks like BCH might make some big moves... but at same time I still believe in BTC for long run (6 months-2 years+)  Should I have even more in alts?  Or more in Bitcoin cash BCH??  Thoughts?
wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:56:08 AM

If you're going to invest Cryptocurrencies with a volume of Money then dividing them into a sliced portfolio is the clever decision but I think most of us aren't into investing from our own pocketnfrom a thousand of dollars and then buy some tokens that fits your portfolio.
Having a good portfolio like what you had made is a good one but for the most of the members it's all depends on how much stakes or coins we received from bounty campaigns we participated in a month or two.

wanderloy

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:58:22 AM

After tonights rollercoaster .  I guess I was right-I thought BTC should go to $15k-17k levels,  For my portfolio. I'm thinking :

50% BTC

20% ETH

10% BCH (BCC)

20% Alt Coins

Thoughts?

Looks like BCH might make some big moves... but at same time I still believe in BTC for long run (6 months-2 years+)  Should I have even more in alts?  Or more in Bitcoin cash BCH??  Thoughts?

That's a very good portfolio and I couldn't think better than that and for me that would be the exact portfolio that I'm going to slice up my investment if I'm going to rob my own account in the bank and if I decided to invest Cryptocurrency for my future.

CryptoKranthi

Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:43:27 AM

Yes litecoin allocation is a bit high. Take out some from litecoin and invest in ETN.
dontomas12345 (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:24:49 PM

Yes litecoin allocation is a bit high. Take out some from litecoin and invest in ETN.

Thanks I think I will unload some of the LTC. Buy some Bitcoin Gold just to diversify... I think yesterday's volatility just shows how crazy this is and that we need to DIVERSIFY and allocate into different portions.  I'm holding about 80% in the top ten coins

general guidelines like:
30-70% BITCOIN/BTC/Bitcoin Gold 
10-30% Platforms like EOS, ETH, IOTA
10-20% Privacy coins
5-10% Altcoins
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:47:58 PM

This is a well balanced portfolio. Now I am also keeping half in bitcoins, however as for the other 50% I prefer to diversify in many more altcoins, more chances to catch the right one.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: