Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:31:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy ****! There has to be a more reliable and less confusing wallet than Ledger  (Read 83 times)
COLT601 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:47:12 AM

Just got a new Ledger Nano S and it is one frustrating piece of crap. I have about 15 different Alt coins and Ledger will support about 10 of them in conjunction with MyEtherWallet.

Please tell me there is something better on the market. I don't care if I have to buy a new computer for cold storage or whatever but this Ledger Nano is ridiculous.

It constantly freezes requiring computer restarts, wont connect, wont sync, wont load wallets. Takes forever. ONLY works with Google Chrome and Chrome Apps.  Will only hold 4 coin programs (advertises 5 but mine runs out of space and wont install) so you have to constantly install and uninstall coin apps on the device. Ripple wallet takes 3 minutes to open assuming all the planets have aligned.

Trying to store altcoins on this in conjunction with MyEtherWallet.... holy *F#%*(#U!ing confusing and definitely does not instill any confidence that my coins are secure and RELIABLY accessible.

If there is nothing better out there I might just say screw it and leave the alt coins on the exchanges and only store larger quantities of BTC LTC and ETH on this thing. If this is the best and most intuitive piece of hardware the crypto word can come up with than some other company will soon make a killing when they can design a better user friendly wallet that doesn't require a masters in computer science to operate.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:23:02 AM

For sure the system of safe storing cryptos must become more efficient and user friendly..and for sure it will, because it is a need. This being said I am happy of my ledger nano s even though I could be happier. I find it useful for storing unlimited ERC -20  tokens in conjunction with MEW. Once you learn how to do it, it is easy.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
SCAR_8

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:45:33 AM

I have never had those kind of issues with my ledger Nano S but I do agree that the limited amount of apps that you can store on it at one time is a bit ridiculous. Hopefully they come up with a fix for this. I know you can "delete" them and reinstall. But I do not like doing this. Makes me feel like there could be a glitch and loose a wallet/coins completely. With today's storage technology it should be able to hold hundreds if not thousands of wallets.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: