Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:27:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: money: a fungible proxy for humanity?  (Read 1220 times)
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 10:34:22 PM

In this video devoted Ann Barnhardt, coming from the cattle business and having closed her brokerage for moral reasons (not being able to guarantee her clients funds against reappropriation by the global banking sector), comes forward with an interesting definition of money:

Money is a fungible proxy for man's ability to reason, labor, create and produce.

For some reason I get the feeling of sitting in some catholic church school when listening to her, but she has some valid points as far as I watched the first half of the first part of this 8-video sequence.

There even is an accompanying workbook. Don't forget to download your workbook!

So what do you guys think about this definition of money?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:01:11 PM

Money is a fungible proxy for man's ability to reason, labor, create and produce.

I'm not sure I would call it a definition.  I would call it a statement, but would modify it somewhat:

"Ideally, money should be a fungible proxy for one man's ability to reason, labor, create and produce that allows him to exchange for the ability to reason, labor, create and produce of others."

I think these statements just elaborate a little on the "medium of exchange" and "measure of value" definitions of money.  Just a complex way of saying that money should allow for the honest exchange of fish, bread, and beer between the fisherman, baker, and brewer.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:45:16 AM

Once acquired, money is the potential for power/freedom to command/control resources in the future ... (and with freedom comes responsibility, etc).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: