Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 08:31:32 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how is this economical?  (Read 376 times)
cabinetmaker (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 11:28:25 PM

coinotron miner running 83.500Mh on FTC.

that's between 80 and 100 video cards, pegged out.

500watts per card (Radeon says, but we'll even go stupidly to 2 cards), 20,000 watts or 20Kw. make it the full value and that is 40Kw. or 40,000 watts.
 only mining 9 bucks a day AT MOST at $.003/FTC.

you're going to tell me this is economical?
Unless you run solar panels and a wind generator, don't hand me a line of this is economical, crap.
Even if you are not it is still not economical, because you just paid 24,000 for those cards, or more, internationally, not to mention shipping, motherboards, memory, processors, fans, power strips, risers, cables, a ups, if you are running one to keep it all up...... etc, etc, etc. Now we approach 26,000, or (most likely) higher................

9 bucks a day (let's round to 10), 365 days = 3650 year.
8 years to pay for itself, and you say this is economical?

I say BULLSHIT AND you should prove it!!!!!

It may have a return when they are actually worth a penny or more, but today, it is just bullshit to think this is economical, at .003 USD.

It is nice you have all that money to throw away on FTC.

Why would anyone throw away this, when they could be mining LTC at about 250 bucks per day or 92,000 per year?
Even if you turn HALF on FTC and the rest on LTC, you make 45,000 per year and still collect a butt load more than anyone else on FTC.
I don't understand YOUR economics, at all.

some people amaze me.

But then, I am a stupid newbie, don;t know jack shit about economics, or anything else, except maybe my name, according to the gods here on bct.org.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: