Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:26:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: General help or advice needed.. ( another new guy...sorry )  (Read 89 times)
Athaluss (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:09:11 AM

Hey all. So... after a few weeks of studying crypto i finally decided to make some purchases. I only bought a couple of days ago, so not holding coins at their lowest point. Nothing huge, but with the idea of holding it for around 10 years to give to my children.
I know no-one can ever predict what will happen to prices, so i just bought what ( at this moment ) i could afford to lose, although i am sure i will add small amounts over time in the future.
Read whitepapers and looked into the ones i chose to educate myself as much as possible, but appreciate there are a so many people out there with far greater knowledge than i could maybe gain.

My purchase is made up of some XRP, Iota and Data. I also bought a Ledger Nano to store it on ( guessing that will be as safe as anything ...) Here's the main questions i am wondering....

1) Are my purchases sensible ? ( As far as anyone can be with this...and i know alot of that will be based on different peoples opinions, but i didnt want to risk getting caught in a scam ICO so went with companies i liked the idea of techwise etc )

2) My ledger gets here in a couple of days... and despite reading up on MEW, i cant figure out if i will be able to send my coins straight to the ledger from the exchange, or will it be Exchange --> MEW --> Ledger.

Not asking if i should have bought X instead of Y, just looking for knowledge as looking and reading the wealth of info out there is swamping me.. i.e when using/creating with MEW should i be offline ? As it seems i need to download stuff etc..

Cheers guys, any insight is appreciated.. and thank you for your patience.

Sorry if posted in wrong section.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:34:31 AM

Hey all. So... after a few weeks of studying crypto i finally decided to make some purchases. I only bought a couple of days ago, so not holding coins at their lowest point. Nothing huge, but with the idea of holding it for around 10 years to give to my children...

Sorry but the second I read 'holding, 10 years, and for my children', I had to stop there and have to tell you that there's only one thing that you should be holding.  Bitcoin.  It's simply the only crypto that's worth holding (right now).  The rest are just up in the air at this point.  

But I have to say this, Monero could be the future.  Privacy and fungibility will matter a lot in 5 years and it's gonna be crypto's biggest issue imho.  And the coin that does it right will prevail.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████