Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:20:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Magnetic Bumper Stickers - Group Buy?  (Read 4234 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 02:17:36 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2013, 03:11:01 AM by BittBurger

Hi all -

Another guy raised a good idea regarding bumper stickers here:  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=242684.0

But I wont put a bumper sticker on my car.  Like most people.  A few people requested magnetic ones, but the discussion fizzled.  

I found a site that will produce them for about $3.22 if you buy 50.   I'd be happy to dish out the $175 or whatever to have 50 made.  If you guys want to get in on it, please reply here.  A single magnetic bumper sticker is about $11 on the site, so its still not that crazy expensive either way.  I personally have a black car, so a black version would look sexy on my ride, but the standard logo is also an option.  Maybe I'll have both made.

Here are the two I have right now:

and...

-Burger-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 02:39:39 AM

I would be interested in one..

ralphjb

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 02:51:48 AM

Would it be too cheesy to offer custom ones with a QR receiving code so strangers can tip us?
BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 03:04:05 AM

Updated original post with a couple designs I threw together in PS.

Would it be too cheesy to offer custom ones with a QR receiving code so strangers can tip us?

Pretty cool idea, but that would be individual, so looks like their price is $11.88 for each unique one.

-Burger-

Jbanna

Activity: 151

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 05:34:17 AM

I'd definitely snag one
Kuroth

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 02:28:45 PM

I will take one of each if you really order these..   An I will pay my shipping to me..

PM me if you really do this.. 

Thanks!

shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 07:48:56 PM

Personally, I would prefer to have "IN CRYPTOGRAPHY WE TRUST" printed along the bottom, instead of "ACCEPTED HERE".

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
colmex

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:02:49 PM

I'm in!
I'd love one of these
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:46:24 PM

Personally, I would prefer to have "IN CRYPTOGRAPHY WE TRUST" printed along the bottom, instead of "ACCEPTED HERE".
me too
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 02:17:23 AM

I can do these for about $6-8 depending for smallish runs with 99 cent US shipping of course payable in BTC.  Come up with a design that 5+ people want and I will start stocking them and get them made in a waterproof outdoor variety.  (my standard bitcoin magnet is for indoor use only)

Please note, car rated magnets are not like bumper stickers.  Try stealing a bumper sticker.....  Now the car magnet.  They do disappear off of cars.  Was it the wind and driving 85mph or was it a thief in a parking lot?

For me, the black bitcoin one (similar to my bumper sticker) with the "IN CRYPTOGRAPHY WE TRUST" looks like a good start. 

shawshankinmate37927

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:23:18 AM

For me, the black bitcoin one (similar to my bumper sticker) with the "IN CRYPTOGRAPHY WE TRUST" looks like a good start.

You can count me in for a sticker with this design.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:12:43 AM

I'd like to get one for the bitcoin museum once they come out Smiley

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Kuroth

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 07:48:23 PM

I am in too and open to whatever design you guys come up with..  Will try and watch this thread so I know when and how to pay when the time comes..

forexmasterja

Activity: 130

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 10:44:21 PM

Count me in on one of each.

PM me with the details when you ready for payment.

--** First Jamaican Bitcoin User **--
1JamaicaYQvsBkvm5JcurQBA9Kz969nsqe
Revolutionary Money Making Cloud Miner - https://cex.io/r/0/forexmasterja/0/
Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 04:43:35 AM

How about:

Will be higher res of course.

BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:32:28 AM

Wait so am I doing this or is Little Shop doing it?  Getting confusing.  The place I saw offers them for $3.22 and you can pay regular USD for them.  If you guys prefer going with littleshop for $6-8 BTC payment only let me know.  Up to you guys.    

Regarding 'In Cryptography We Trust' ...   Let me play devils advocate here for a minute.

Marketing 101:  you need to think about the purpose of these bumper stickers.  Your audience is all that matters.  

"In Cryptography We Trust" is just going to offend some people who will see it for what it is:  A play on words with the removal of "God".  
No different than using the Christian Fish symbol and putting 'DARWIN' in the middle of it.  Its offensive to many.
They will not give a rats ass about your weird new currency when they see that.  

The rest of the people are not in the "tech" world, and will likely zone out when they see "Cryptography".
The phrase sounds cool to you, but its not going to mean much to non geeks.  
And they are the only ones who matter.  

The purpose of these bumper stickers (magnets) isnt to show that you're raging against the machine, and religion.
You're not making a statement of rebellion.
My goal at least is to get the symbol, the logo, and the thought into people's heads.
Because this is the best way to guarantee success.  Familiarity.  Brand recognition.

The only people worth offending with Bitcoin are bankers.  Maybe something like

Bitcoin
"Privacy, Security, Freedom"

I dont know ... just thinking out loud.  Im just going to order the regular one and put it on my car.  :-P

I agree "Accepted Here" is a little strange, but it could also be the standard logo for bitcoin, which it is, pretty much everywhere you see it.  So you'd just be promoting that standard logo.  And it doesn't offend anyone.  "Bitcoin" by itself would also be perfect.   Brand recognition.

-Burger-

shawshankinmate37927

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:06:19 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2013, 02:36:25 PM by shawshankinmate37927

Wait so am I doing this or is Little Shop doing it?  Getting confusing.  The place I saw offers them for $3.22 and you can pay regular USD for them.  If you guys prefer going with littleshop for $6-8 BTC payment only let me know.  Up to you guys.

I thought you were doing a magnet and LittleShop was seeing if anyone was interested in a modified sticker.  Perhaps LittleShop can start a new thread to avoid hijacking yours.  Those who prefer magnets can do a group buy with you and those that prefer stickers can do a group buy with him.

Regarding 'In Cryptography We Trust' ...   Let me play devils advocate here for a minute.

Marketing 101:  you need to think about the purpose of these bumper stickers.  Your audience is all that matters.  

"In Cryptography We Trust" is just going to offend some people who will see it for what it is:  A play on words with the removal of "God".  
No different than using the Christian Fish symbol and putting 'DARWIN' in the middle of it.  Its offensive to many.
They will not give a rats ass about your weird new currency when they see that.

Nothing wrong with ruffling a few feathers.  After all, that's why Jesus was executed.  He ruffled the feathers of the religious establisment of his time.  It's blasphemous to link God to something as insidious as fiat currency.  That's what they should be upset about.  BTW, I'm a Christian and the expression doesn't offend me at all.

The rest of the people are not in the "tech" world, and will likely zone out when they see "Cryptography".
The phrase sounds cool to you, but its not going to mean much to non geeks.  
And they are the only ones who matter.

Or maybe it will spark a non-techie's interest when they see it and lead them to Google "cryptography" to find out more about it.

The purpose of these bumper stickers (magnets) isnt to show that you're raging against the machine, and religion.
You're not making a statement of rebellion.
My goal at least is to get the symbol, the logo, and the thought into people's heads.
Because this is the best way to guarantee success.  Familiarity.  Brand recognition.

The only people worth offending with Bitcoin are bankers.  Maybe something like

Bitcoin
"Privacy, Security, Freedom"

I dont know ... just thinking out loud.  Im just going to order the regular one and put it on my car.  :-P

I agree "Accepted Here" is a little strange, but it could also be the standard logo for bitcoin, which it is, pretty much everywhere you see it.  So you'd just be promoting that standard logo.  And it doesn't offend anyone.  "Bitcoin" by itself would also be perfect.   Brand recognition.

For me, there's more to it than "marketing" or "selling" Bitcoin.  It's also about trying to wake people up.  Yes, I understand most people don't want to wake up, but they need to understand that Bitcoin is much more than just a new, cool, convenient way to pay for stuff.  It's also important to let people know that Bitcoin takes control of money away from bankers and politicians.

Edit: I also like "Privacy, Security, Freedom".  "Accepted Here" is more appropriate for a store-front window or next to a cash register.

shawshankinmate37927

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:46:18 PM

How about:

Will be higher res of course.

Love it.  You may want to start a new thread to see how many would be interested in doing a group buy.

BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:44:36 PM

I think he's doing a magnet too, so it would be okay in this thread.

As for the design - whatever becomes most popular should succeed!

If LittleShop does this stuff for a living, maybe do several designs and just add to the store.

I just wont put stickers on my car.  Back in college with the 89 accord, definitely!   I had "WHATEVER" and "VIRGINIA IS FOR LO(V)SERS"

Can't get away with that today.  :-P

Barely got away with it in college  Embarrassed

Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 01:21:19 AM

The design below is done.  The "In Cryptography We Trust" is coming next week. 

http://cryptoanarchy.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=99

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: