Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:15:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid SCAM ICOs?  (Read 485 times)
nrm4bits (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:44:24 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 05:29:23 PM by nrm4bits

This was the original post made by me in this thread you can still share your comments.

What was your favorite project that scamed you  Grin.

Right know I’m being part of a signature campaign called Project C, so far I don’t know –nobody knows for sure - if it will be a scam or not, as a matter of fact I just don’t care, because it is helping me to improve my posts’ quality, besides that I hope it is not a scam. Saying all that what was your favorite scam project you were involved in?

But i would like to know what steps do you follow before joining an ICO ? What makes you decide to join an ICO or not?
namjar

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:54:44 PM

It did not scammed me, but i was happy because i wanted to invest in VisaCoin, it seemed to be a good ico,
 but twelve hours later from the releasing of the first ico stage, the page went down and no one knew about it anymore.

What was your favorite project that scamed you  Grin.

Project C is the most scammy project that i have ever seen! Just look at how the manager is talking to their members, they are bullshit. They do not know how to run a campaign, they do not even know how to manage their ANN Thread because they do not even have a community manager

Right know I’m being part of a signature campaign called Project C, so far I don’t know –nobody knows for sure - if it will be a scam or not, as a matter of fact I just don’t care

Avoid that project like the PEST.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
furfurol

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:12:27 AM

Right know I’m being part of a signature campaign called Project C, so far I don’t know –nobody knows for sure - if it will be a scam or not, as a matter of fact I just don’t care, because it is helping me to improve my posts’ quality, besides that I hope it is not a scam. Saying all that what was your favorite scam project you were involved in?

I guess you are participating in the signature campaign of this project, because they pay bitcoins for posts, and not just because of the improvement in the quality of your posts  Cool I think it's a very strange project
retampan

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:36:24 AM

Ah, Project C? That unethical project? Just look his untrusted feedback, he is known as scammer from the past. I've just sent him a neg trust, one day after, he and his partner from Litra (JPnotmorgan) sent me a neg trust, too. He allows newbie & red tagged users to enroll in his campaign, what an irony. Also, he paid more bitcoins than the usual payment to deceiving bitcointalk users.
However, I'm have not been scammed by any ICO, though. I'm just investing in trusted projects that have many reviews about it.
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:59:21 AM

What a discreet way to promote project C.
I was following two projects and then the person running it just disappeared. Those are one man show that deceive people with the promise of airdrop, their link still on BCT
infinity pay   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2322857.0;topicseen
drop answer   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2349317.0;topicseen

desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:22:21 AM

Scam or not we will know that in future so not now. If something happen to investor and the developer can not help seems like then project is scam.
So far, i ever join 1 success project but i dont get paid. Most people get paid and some people have same thing like me. They dont get paid too. The project looks great but i dont know why they dont pay me for my effort. The project called "Centra ".
But i dont care since i just join the social media bounty, maybe if they pay me it will not big amount.
Azzhan

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:28:11 AM

In my opinion, more than this C project is a scam, most of the ICO projects are a scam, so it is important to choose a good ICO project.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
nrm4bits (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:30:35 PM

I guess you are participating in the signature campaign of this project, because they pay bitcoins for posts, and not just because of the improvement in the quality of your posts  Cool I think it's a very strange project

Well, post quality is a fuzzy thing to discuss here in the forum you can find some threads discussing that in Meta section. And yes it's kind of a strange project.

Ah, Project C? That unethical project? Just look his untrusted feedback, he is known as scammer from the past. I've just sent him a neg trust, one day after, he and his partner from Litra (JPnotmorgan) sent me a neg trust, too. He allows newbie & red tagged users to enroll in his campaign, what an irony.

As a matter of facts i haven't looked at his Trust yet, i gotta say things are red in there.

Also, he paid more bitcoins than the usual payment to deceiving bitcointalk users.

Yes, it is suspicious, its week payments is way too high to be true.

What a discreet way to promote project C.

Grin It's true that i'm doing it but my future purposes for this thread is to gather some of the SCAM ICOs people has been involved in.

I was following two projects and then the person running it just disappeared. Those are one man show that deceive people with the promise of airdrop, their link still on BCT
infinity pay   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2322857.0;topicseen
drop answer   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2349317.0;topicseen

This is one thing i was looking for, an example of scam icos

So far, i ever join 1 success project but i dont get paid. Most people get paid and some people have same thing like me. They dont get paid too. The project looks great but i dont know why they dont pay me for my effort. The project called "Centra ".
But i dont care since i just join the social media bounty, maybe if they pay me it will not big amount.

Not being paid for our efforts it kinds of sucks even if we don't care and if the payment is low.

SilArt

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

Semux!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:33:47 PM

there was a thread with a list of scam ICO here somewhere. Can someone post it? It was a pretty informative thread!

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
LUCKY21

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:40:44 PM

Recently, among the ICO companies more and more scams come. And this does not please. But in the place so there are quite a few ICO companies that are developing and their tokens are rising in price. We can only hope for a favorable outcome.
nrm4bits (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:55:03 PM

As cryto-currency popularity increase so will the scam icos, and the truth is that it's kind of hard for an experienced user and for a newbie like me to recognize when an ico will become a scam. There are some hints to start the recognition but still, nobody will know until the end when every participant is scammed.

It could be great if the community join to fight those scam icos.
kekman1337

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:56:33 PM

Most scam ICOs are blatant scams with shitty front pages and copy-pasted material on their sites. Others actually include scammers in their 'team', and you need to do some digging and research to find such things. It's difficult to do for every ICO but there are usually people that do the heavy lifting in most ICO threads.

mdgabrielzim

Activity: 1232
Merit: 143

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:06:44 PM

Boy I do not remember the name, it was a single aimed at the well being and health of the user. I gave them several jobs and in the second month I discovered that it was a fraud. I lost time and a lot of work.
Igorgnome

Activity: 252

Power to gnomes!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:45:16 PM

I do not understand why to participate in the ICO, when such strong doubts. You can choose another company to helping you to improve your posts’ quality. Huh  I admit a small chance that it is not a SCAM, but simply poor quality approach to organizations ICO.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:47:25 PM

There's enough ico's, you're bound to find a good oe amongst the scam projects. Although it's easier to stumble upon a scam.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
nrm4bits (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:19:10 PM

I do not understand why to participate in the ICO, when such strong doubts. You can choose another company to helping you to improve your posts’ quality. Huh  I admit a small chance that it is not a SCAM, but simply poor quality approach to organizations ICO.

So true, and that's what i'm going to do after Dec 20. And even if

There are enough ico's, you're bound to find a good oe amongst the scam projects. Although it's easier to stumble upon a scam.

The same problem still out there, SCAM ICOs, it's hard to really know when you're facing a fake ICO or not, although most of them probably are scam.

So the question still the same: What can we do to decrease SCAM ICOs ?
Jonky10

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:49:54 PM

The only ICO that scammed me was glu token, I participated in the ICO and everything disappeared into thin air.
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:54:24 PM

Now there are a lot of scam-campaigns, and almost all of them have a Russian-speaking team
Antikais

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:09:39 PM

trueflip was totaly scam. first they stole our bounty coins and now i see they are not even at any exchange.. i wonder how many tickets they sell every day.

ASSETA - Blockchain based borderless crypto bank | ICO | DISCUSSION THREAD | BOUNTIES
anilffff

Activity: 114

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:21:46 PM

I would like to point out that Joost was the name of some CompSci student that they hacked the LinkedIn profile of. He was never actually involved and is a victim just like the investors. Probably more so, because his name is now synonymous with ICO scam. If crypto continues growing, the wary will constantly be reminding people not to get "Joost'd", and he will never be able to do anything in the sphere
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: