Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:37:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Smidge.Com] - A virtual, actively managed, multi-asset digital currency fund  (Read 28666 times)
Smidge (OP)

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:21:23 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2013, 12:49:58 PM by Smidge

Almost end of the week any updates
Hi freedomno1,

Sorry for not being so responsive this week. On the other side, we did not have any announcements and activity in the thread was rather low.

BTC: 19dB148YewttZRVwF7WF8ZuT7uqnnjibkC
LTC: LPBi1LPqs1MY1tQKQ4wGG6gjwrcszFek6s
Smidge (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:29:54 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2013, 12:50:19 PM by Smidge

I'd like to ask about the fund manager's perceptions of the implications regarding German Finance Ministry news as pertaining to the fund.

http://www.dw.de/germany-lends-real-value-to-bitcoin-virtual-money/a-17038675

This news came out after Smidge management decided to hold off on the IPO to clarify legals and share structure.

The only negative implication I can imagine is the possibility of profits being taxed, however, now the Smidge team has an opportunity to consider this as they finalise the working arrangements of the fund, so perhaps it is positive.
As I take it, the decision by the GFM to declare bitcoin as money also legitimises investments, and so a fund such as this operated from Germany (I think?) could mitigate some of the percieved risk as mentioned by others in this thread regarding the legality of virtual securities exchanges.

Hi Vexual,

As you already pointed out, the main change is the way of taxation (BTC are not taxed like your regular salary any more, but through a withholding tax that applies to any income through investments since 2009). I think this is a better solution, but it does not change the working arrangements of the fund. We will announce some changes regarding that soon, as mentioned before.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:14:28 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 05:12:06 AM by freedomno1

Almost end of the week any updates
Hi freedomno1,

Sorry for not being so responsive this week. On the other side, we did not have any announcements and activity in the thread was rather low.

No worries, once in a while the market gets interesting and it nice to view a second opinion.
I agree with you on the AM position it takes patience till the units are ready and hashing, and the cause of the crash was eb if you read the AM thread and not any real news its still seems like a good investment, volatile but that's normal of all bitcoin securities. But in full agreement with the need for BTC liquidity.
Glad to hear your fund now has LTC-Global Voting rights as well, helps to keep aware of the newest IPO's and even I must admit the speculators help boost that assets price whistle Smiley

Thanks for the snapshot looking forward to Mid-September

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Smidge (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:01:10 AM

Smidge.Com Weekly Snapshot

Quick Summary:

Another week with an even sharper rise of BTC/USD leading to a further decline of LTC/BTC. DCX lost 12.45% in total this week, making our 9.54% look a bit better compared to a normal portfolio. Total NAV is down 17.57% because we had one large share buyback of 75 BTC, but managed to get new investors on board worth 40 BTC. We will continue to fill up the rest quickly. Current investors are lucky for being on board once again because our balanced exposure to both BTC and LTC securities is really evening things out. Expect a sharp rise in fund NAV once LTC catches up (which it usually does with a certain delay).

We will have more mid September IPO details for you in the coming weeks, still in a lot of discussion.

Balance Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgLGW6ARhmFLdDVyLUFPYjBHX0FIWWxXTy1Bc09uaVE&usp=sharing (Please note that the format is not final, still tweaking a few things here and there. Columns "E" and "I" are hidden for a clearer view.)

Comments:

• The LTC/BTC decline has us steadily buying LTC, providing a nice cost average effect. As soon as the trend turns, we expect to see a sharp rise in fund NAV because of this exposure. MtGox adoption is still up in the air, but will most likely also boost prices
  • ASICMINER has provided even more attractive buying prices, getting our average buy price down to under 3 BTC, which is not bad for a fund operating since end of July
  • MYMINER decided to buy back all shares, which we obviously accepted
  • Management fee from this week has been fully reinvested, while we operate in private mode
  • Please note that dividends per share are still quite low and will be reinvested before IPO, this is due to the reason that we did not invest all of the additional coins. As discussed previously, we will not invest in just anything because excess coins are available

Again, I would like to thank everyone for their trust, the great support, criticism and questions that we received. I hope to be able to meet everyone's expectations in the long run!

bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 01:37:06 PM

Ok so 1/4 fund in refrigator - ltc global no divs
1/4 fund in btc frozen no divs
1/4 fund in amc/am good divs

Rest wasted in mining bonds, some dead like icedrill, satoshi divs

2200 shatoshi for 2 000 000 satoshi stock

False report again about share value,
am should be 2.23 (18 bitcoins lie) instead 2.75
Amc should be 0.032 instead of 0.54 (7 btc lie)
Litecoins are 0.0188 not 0.2 so another few btc

If you post raport ensure you have correct values.
Every week you are loosing money and hiding losses here and there.

Please create true raport when how much you have sold/bought at what price.
In raport as above you can steal btc by making good trades and hiding it.
Smidge (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 01:46:13 PM

Ok so 1/4 fund in refrigator - ltc global no divs
1/4 fund in btc frozen no divs
1/4 fund in amc/am good divs

Rest wasted in mining bonds, some dead like icedrill, satoshi divs

2200 shatoshi for 2 000 000 satoshi stock

False report again about share value,
am should be 2.23 (18 bitcoins lie) instead 2.75
Amc should be 0.032 instead of 0.54 (7 btc lie)
Litecoins are 0.0188 not 0.2 so another few btc

If you post raport ensure you have correct values.
Every week you are loosing money and hiding losses here and there.

Please create true raport when how much you have sold/bought at what price.
In raport as above you can steal btc by making good trades and hiding it.
Hi bbxx,

I have to tell you yet again that you could take at least 5 minutes to read through this thread before trolling and hinting about lying, stealing etc. You would have noticed that we use the 7d avg for valuation since the start. The valuations would have been much higher last week because of this, so we are (of course) applying this both ways.

By the way, did you notice that there is a column "I" that shows the percentage of the portfolio? ICEDRILL is 1.32% of it (I posted that before aswell) and is a purely speculative position. LTC-GLOBAL is paying divs too (monthly), so you didn't even get that right...

bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 01:53:04 PM

It is not a scam accusation. Please try to be transparent.
If you say NAV it should be calculated with actual value not unicorn hope based on your average.
Please add column with real recent prices.

In sheet there is lie, total vaule, it is not.

More detalied sheet is must...

Monthly 0.3% is nothing in the world od bitcoins so ltc global funds are frozen.
If you will try to sell it you will loose year or more of divs so... Lol.
Progressive

Activity: 181

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 01:58:13 PM

The hidden column can be seen only if I copy the spreadsheet (it is not showable in read-only mode). I think that % could be always visible.
Smidge (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:43:47 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2013, 02:57:43 PM by Smidge

It is not a scam accusation. Please try to be transparent.
If you say NAV it should be calculated with actual value not unicorn hope based on your average.
Please add column with real recent prices.

In sheet there is lie, total vaule, it is not.

More detalied sheet is must...

Monthly 0.3% is nothing in the world od bitcoins so ltc global funds are frozen.
If you will try to sell it you will loose year or more of divs so... Lol.
Hi bbxx,

The decision to use 7d avg has been made long ago. How would you value i.e. LABCOIN on Aug 28th? Get the 7am value of 0.0018, or the 10am value of 0.0037? Nope. This is a long-term asset fund, not a daytrading operation.

If you want my explanation on the LTC-GLOBAL position, it is not about the dividends. It's an investment for a higher valuation of the share price in the future, as trade volume is steadily rising (did you read the report 2 weeks ago?). Plus, it's about voting rights and getting more influence.

Smidge (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:44:31 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2013, 03:38:44 PM by Smidge

The hidden column can be seen only if I copy the spreadsheet (it is not showable in read-only mode). I think that % could be always visible.
Hi Progressive,

Sorry I didn't know that. I just made it visible, thought you could show/unshow it in read-only.

alexius89

Activity: 709

Gridcoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

is there already a fixed date for the coming IPO?

jeffshed

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:28:13 PM

hi guys,

i just don't understand some of the strategies. he's bought and held ciphermine for personal reasons which is now like 1/3 of the value.
didn't someone say thats a bad investment?

He's hedging a lot on the rise of LTC. what if that assuption doesn't come true? why is exposure to LTC a good thing. seems risky.

buying to get average buy price of AM down?

holding basic when it's unfortunatly going to act practically like a PMB?

I just don't get some of these things.

sorry if i'm a bit off the mark...just my take on things

ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:37:45 PM

hi guys,

i just don't understand some of the strategies. he's bought and held ciphermine for personal reasons which is now like 1/3 of the value.

He's hedging a lot on the rise of LTC. what if that assuption doesn't come true? why is exposure to LTC a good thing. seems risky.

Decent questions.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:58:03 AM

I got this one smidge.

That's not even close to accurate jeffshed. bASIC-Mining has increased it's hashrate by 52.6% in the past month and has a paid order for hardware that represents another 55.7% hashrate increase for delivery next month. Perhaps you've confused bASIC-Mining with ActM? I see nothing in ActM's fairy dust press releases to indicate they'll come off their unimpressive 430Gh/s hashrate before Thanksgiving.

Smidge (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:56:54 PM

hi guys,

Hi jeffshed,

CM is a strategic investment in a company (there's an actual company behind it) with a great team of very bright people, having great ideas for the present and future. I have commented on this topic numerous times. It has nothing to do with personal reasons, it is about business only.

The LTC positions have been increased to maximize the cost average effect and the profits once the LTC price follows up, which it usually does. It has already shown a tendency for that btw.

AM shows some selling panic at the moment. The operation is one of the most stable ones out there, so we are looking at more attractive buying prices. Losses are losses if you realise them, which we are not doing at the moment. Quite the contrary.

And you're not off the mark, I'm happy to answer good (and new) questions. Thank you.

Smidge (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:57:05 PM

I got this one smidge.

That's not even close to accurate jeffshed. bASIC-Mining has increased it's hashrate by 52.6% in the past month and has a paid order for hardware that represents another 55.7% hashrate increase for delivery next month. Perhaps you've confused bASIC-Mining with ActM? I see nothing in ActM's fairy dust press releases to indicate they'll come off their unimpressive 430Gh/s hashrate before Thanksgiving.

What he said.

Smidge (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:03:01 PM

Smidge.Com Weekly Snapshot

Quick Summary:

BTC/USD is consolidating this week and found a bottom at about 122. LTC/BTC has therefore gone up a bit, which might be the start of a (long anticipated) reversal. DCX lost another 11.63% in total this week, making our 6.90% look pretty decent compared to a standard portfolio. We had two small share buybacks of 9 BTC, but are getting new investors onboard. Again, our balanced exposure to both BTC and LTC securities is really evening things out. The next weeks are looking to be profitable if the described trends continue.

We will have more mid September IPO details for you in the coming weeks, still trying to get the structure, legal part etc. done.

Balance Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgLGW6ARhmFLdDVyLUFPYjBHX0FIWWxXTy1Bc09uaVE&usp=sharing (Please note that the format is not final, still tweaking a few things here and there. Columns "E" and "I" are hidden for a clearer view.)

Comments:

• As stated yesterday, ASICMINER shows some selling panic at the moment. The operation is one of the most stable ones out there, so we are looking at more attractive buying prices. Losses are losses if you realise them, which we are not doing at the moment. Quite the contrary
  • MYMINER position has been liquidated, as they bought back all shares
  • Management fee and dividends from this week have been fully reinvested, while we operate in private mode

Again, I would like to thank everyone for their trust, the great support, criticism and questions that we received!

kandelawa

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:03:06 PM

So, I can suppose, that the IPO will be this month?
Can I choose on which plattform i'll get the shares?
At the moment I would prefer btct.co
breetz stefan
mrtchipr

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:59:57 AM

So, I can suppose, that the IPO will be this month?
Can I choose on which plattform i'll get the shares?
At the moment I would prefer btct.co
breetz stefan

I'm against btct.co

I would prefer havelock
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:53:36 PM

Irrelevant as they have approved listings on both exchanges  Wink