Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:46:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed transaction  (Read 145 times)
Larryag99 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:34:53 PM

Hello All...
I processed a transaction (0.1 bitcoins) on 12/8/17 and it is still unconfirmed.  I am using Bitcoin Core wallet (.13.1).  Is there any way to either get it confirmed, or, cancel it?  The transaction went to Bittrex, and they have it listed in the transaction history, but it's not in my "available" balance yet. I also see it on Blockchain Explorer and its listed as "unconfirmed".  I read one post where it was suggested I try sending another transaction to the same address and the two would be processed as a pair, but that was unsuccessful.  The transaction in question is likely unconfirmed because I selected the minimum (0.00001000) transaction fee.  I think now that was dumb, but I was in no hurry for the transaction to process, but I didn't think this long was a possibility.  I also didn't want to pay the $200+ dollars that was initially applied by the wallet.  It is possible for me to process my own transaction using my asic miner?

Thanks...
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Melquart

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:38:41 PM

I saw someone here he can help. He's offering confirmation service for stuck transactions for free. I don't remember in what section but i'll update if i find the thread again.

Shokolad777

Activity: 778
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:47:27 PM

Hello All...
I processed a transaction (0.1 bitcoins) on 12/8/17
What transaction number to see what can be done with it.

BTC 14bGptNKA6ezb9b3GJFCw1HspmLfvgS8eT
ETH 0x265848FAae86701e67C41d899dFa1733FCC5ab01
Larryag99 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:44:48 PM

Hello All...
I processed a transaction (0.1 bitcoins) on 12/8/17
What transaction number to see what can be done with it.

Thanks for the response, but I'm not comfortable posting that.  Just looking for some suggestions on what, if anything, can be done to get it confirmed or cancel it.  I suspect it will get confirmed at some point, I just don't know when... perhaps months when the fees start to diminish (if ever).  As a miner I like the high fees, but as an investor I fear these high fees will be the downfall of widespread adoption of Bitcoin.  No one is going to buy a cup of coffee and pay a $5.00 transaction fee.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 05:49:14 PM

Can't help without the transaction ID sorry. Post it here and I may be able to push your transaction. Your call, not my transaction that is stuck just offering some assistance for free.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3192

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:05:57 PM

...I read one post where it was suggested I try sending another transaction to the same address and the two would be processed as a pair, but that was unsuccessful...

That was not quite the right thing to do. There are two things you can try. I think Core has the ability to do both.

1. If your transaction has a change address, send bitcoins from the change address to yourself with a high fee. If a miner wants the high fee, they will have to include both transactions. This is called "child-pays-for-parent" or CPFP.

2. You can also try sending the same transaction again, but pay a higher fee. This is called "replace-by-fee", or RBF. Note that this this is not the same as sending from the same address.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:22:46 PM

That is it... You paid $0,19 worth of fees, do you think that it is enough?

The actual rates for making a transaction go through in less than one hour are aproximately 420 satoshis per byte.

It means that a normal transaction is going to cost you about $19 (aproximately)

You paid a 1% of that, dont expect to see one confirmation in less than one month.

Hello All...
I processed a transaction (0.1 bitcoins) on 12/8/17 and it is still unconfirmed. is likely unconfirmed because I selected the minimum (0.00001000) transaction fee.  I think now that was dumb,
Larryag99 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:49:10 PM

...I read one post where it was suggested I try sending another transaction to the same address and the two would be processed as a pair, but that was unsuccessful...

That was not quite the right thing to do. There are two things you can try. I think Core has the ability to do both.

1. If your transaction has a change address, send bitcoins from the change address to yourself with a high fee. If a miner wants the high fee, they will have to include both transactions. This is called "child-pays-for-parent" or CPFP.

2. You can also try sending the same transaction again, but pay a higher fee. This is called "replace-by-fee", or RBF. Note that this this is not the same as sending from the same address.

Hi odolvlobo... thank for the suggestions.  A) how would I find the "change" address?  and B) How would I send the SAME transaction again? (using Core .13.1) Would that be a console command?  I am willing to pay 20-bucks or so in fees, but I got in this situation by not wanting to pay the over 200 the wallet automatically applied.  There is a function to add a custom amount, and I could try the 20-bucks once I know how to send the transaction again.  Not apposed to paying a fair fee, but don't like getting bent over either.  Paying 200 bucks for a 2k dollar transfer is just stupid crazy.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:24:42 PM

Currently about 157,840. But, to keep it in perspective, it only counts regarding the number of transactions made. Is there a way to see how long it takes for a transaction to be confirmed, without doing one.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:32:53 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 03:56:24 AM by Carmen01

Hello All...
I processed a transaction (0.1 bitcoins) on 12/8/17 and it is still unconfirmed.  I am using Bitcoin Core wallet (.13.1).  Is there any way to either get it confirmed, or, cancel it?  The transaction went to Bittrex, and they have it listed in the transaction history, but it's not in my "available" balance yet. I also see it on Blockchain Explorer and its listed as "unconfirmed".  I read one post where it was suggested I try sending another transaction to the same address and the two would be processed as a pair, but that was unsuccessful.  The transaction in question is likely unconfirmed because I selected the minimum (0.00001000) transaction fee.  I think now that was dumb, but I was in no hurry for the transaction to process, but I didn't think this long was a possibility.  I also didn't want to pay the $200+ dollars that was initially applied by the wallet.  It is possible for me to process my own transaction using my asic miner?

Thanks...
that is so many bitcoins,can you post the link of the transaction so we can see what happen to your bitcoins,and also can i ask why your account is newbie so if your a newbie i think you don't know a lot in crypto so why your going to do investment like that big bitcoins.Study first to have knowledge in crypto to not experience like this,Moreover if anything happen to your btc i think you need to move on then try to earn here in forum,you can earn that big here so don't lose and think positive to earn here,crypto give so much conveniece so don't give up in crypto because of what happen to your transaction here.

bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:07:56 PM

I saw someone here he can help. He's offering confirmation service for stuck transactions for free. I don't remember in what section but i'll update if i find the thread again.
If the fee is below 10 sat/B, the viaBTC accelerator can't help, because despite of they're free but they need to have a little profit on every accelerated transaction too. Usually the small fees are higher than that even in case of a low cost transaction is choosen in the wallet. Without tx number, we can't even check the sat/B of the transaction, because it not only depend on the fee itself but the size of the transaction (inputs, outputs, etc...)
hackl3r

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:10:06 PM

The last time that i ever heard about an unconfirmed transaction was when you could send bitcoins with no fees

center]▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌[/center]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: